THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 List, Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

1750 List, Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies Empty
PostSubject: 1750 List, Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies   1750 List, Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18 2013, 08:54

Dark kin, I come seeking advice.

So this is the list I'm thinking of running against my friend.
It's  a combination of basic units (kabalites in venoms), units I like (TALOS) and units I've wanted to try out (Wraithknight)
Also, some units have specific purpose- Dissie ravagers are for the 15 bikes my friend uses. Talos is for the drop pod that will hit my deployment turn 1.
The wraithknight was a birthday present, so I hope it does better than dying to a volley of missiles from land speeders.

What do people think?
I know its not optimal, there is a severe lack of lances. I would trade Talos for a Razorwing, but I don't know where to get the points.
Also, any advice on Farseer? Or would an Autarch be better and/or cheaper?

Thanks for reading

HQ

Baron Sathonyx

Troops

5x Kabalite Warriors, 1 blaster
Venom
Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon

5x Kabalite Warriors, 1 blaster
Venom

5x Kabalite Warriors
Venom

5x Kabalite Warriors
Venom

5x Wyches with Haywire
Raider
Dark Lance, Flickerfield

5x Wyches with Haywire
Raider
Dark Lance, Flickerfield

Fast Attack

Beastmasters
3x Beastmaster
4x Khymera
5x Khymera
2x Razorwing Flock

Heavy Support

Ravager
Disintegrator, Disintegrator, Disintegrator, Flickerfield

Ravager
Disintegrator, Disintegrator, Disintegrator, Flickerfield

Talos Pain Engine
Twin-Linked Liquifier gun , Twin-Linked Splinter Cannon

Eldar Allies

HQ

Farseer
Eldar Jetbike

Troops

Windrider Jetbike Squadron

Heavy Support

Wraithknight
Two Heavy Wraithcannons
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: 1750 List, Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies   1750 List, Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21 2013, 07:14

Not that I've been getting heaps of interest, but I thought I'd write how I went anyway.
I did end up winning the match(Emperors Will? 1 objective in each deployment zone), but it was a close thing (Held two objectives, linebreaker to his First blood an linebreaker). One more turn(we finished at bottom of turn 5) and I probably would have been tabled though.
Problems that I personally found with the list was
-Lack of lances-this was a killer. He had 4 land speeders, and it took me most of the game to destroy 3 of them. And a farseer killed 2 of those. My raiders were both destroyed by turn 2, and all my wyches haywired was a drop pod
-Beastpack- I find that this unit does not do enough damage. I think I'll drop them for more firepower orientated units
-Wraithknight is awesome, but lack of an invun save sucks. I may have to updgrade it to the suncannon just for the save
-Farseer is kick ass, fast and pretty f#*king mean in a fight.
-Baron Sathypants-No power weapon kills this guy. I lost a fight to a scout sergeant. A sergeant! coz he made his 4+ armour save. I need to either go back to my archon or pick a new special character. Malys?
-Talos is still my favourite. It really is a beast

So, does anyone have anything they'd like to add? Suggestions? Agree or disagree with my assessment?

Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750 List, Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies   1750 List, Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21 2013, 16:26

More Lances are definitely needed.  I would suggest changing both ravangers over to lances.  Also something to consider is taking the Share of Anaris on the farseer to make him fearless and join him to the beast pack.  And 4-6 razor wing flocks are always excellent.  I'd say drop 1 wych or warrior unit to get this.  And 1 more  guardian jet bike unit if possible.

The Talos is fine because yoor opponent needs to worry more about the wraithknight and 40+wound fearless beast pack running at them.  The beasts combined with the knight and Talos give you very durable list.  

This list 1750?

Baron. (Don't forget about hit and run and PGL for offensive and defensive grenades)

4x5 kabalies in duel cannon venom (1-2 with gruesome talismans to reroll psych tests)

5 haywire wyches in raider

Beast pack w/5 masters, 7 dogs, 6 flocks. (Fearless farseer/prescience make this unit ballin)

Talos w/ liquifier or scannon and chain flails.

2 lance ravangers.

Farseer w/ bike, shard of anaris.

3 jet bikes.

Wraithknight.    

This should be about 1675ush points.  So you have about 75 points left to spend.

Good options would be to upgrade your Talos to a flyer (I prefer the void bomber w/ 2 S7 missiles and flicker fields). St9 lances are great for AA/AT. Plus you get some missiles for hord clearing if needed.)

Or you could get more jet bikes which is always great and will win you games.

If you decide on the bikes you can easily remove one more troop unit from the dark eldar.  May drop a kabalite unit and put wyches in a venom.

This will give you more points.  Warp spiders are crazy good and crazy fun. Plus with guide are pretty good at killing flyers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 List, Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies   1750 List, Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 List, Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies
Page 1 of 1