THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive

Go down 
+2
colinsherlow
coffeeslinger07
6 posters
AuthorMessage
coffeeslinger07
Slave
coffeeslinger07

Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 12:00

Archon: Blaster, Clone field, haywire grenades, WWP (130) Warlord

4x5 kabalite warriors, venom, dual splinter cannons (420)

Raider: DL, NS, Sails (for my Archon, Autarch, and fire dragons) (80)

2x Razorwing Jetfighters, 2 DL, Splinter Cannons, Monoscythe missiles (280)

2x Ravager: triple DL (250)

Eldar Allies

Autarch, Fusion Gun (80)
Autarch: jetbike, Banshee mask, Mantle of the Laughing God, Fusion Gun, Laser lance (150)

4 Fire Dragons, 1 Exarch w/ Fast shot (130)

2x3 Jetbikes (102)
3 Jetbikes (51)

Nightwing Interceptor (145)

3 Warwalkers w/ Scatter laser and brightlances (210)

1847/1850    1846/1850

So my basic plan with this army is fun and simple!   Deploy the 4 venoms and 2 ravagers first turn so I don't get tabled and have some initial firepower.  Bring the 3 flyers, non scattering Fire Dragon Bomb, and War walkers in on turn 2+.  Jet bikes will be brought in as late as possible for objective scoring.  The Autarch gives +1/-1 to reserve and deepstriking manipulation.  The Bomb will have 8 strength 8 ap1/2 shots to knock out a heavy per turn, they should last to take out 2-3 tanks/heavies.   The razor wing will drop enemy infantry with their missiles and return on the board thereafter to focus flyers/ vehicles/monsters etc.  The Interceptor will focus the enemies primary aircrafts.  The war walkers will provide additional heavy fire power.  4 venoms with troops for anti infantry and anti monstrous creatures with their poison weaponry.

Let me know what you think of the list and any recommendations.  Thanks!

Last edited by coffeeslinger07 on Wed Feb 18 2015, 10:25; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 14:30

I like this list quite a lot.

Would you consider dropping a jetbike unit for putting your autarch with mantle/lance on a bike? That could give you a nice objective grabber, some combat, survivable warlord and great for maelstrom?

Love your list.
Back to top Go down
Onemeanduck
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 15:03

So Ive been looking at a night wing and can't seem to figure out why it's better then a crimson hunter. Please help me see what I'm missing.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 16:14

The night wing has a 2+ jink and also has vector dancer. I believe it is fewer points than the crimson hunter as well.

So it can fly on. Kill something awesome, 2+jink. fly off the board and repeat
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 19:34

the night wing is not an anti flyer though. Also why are you buying the webway portal? You still scatter if you are in a vehicle.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 19:39

You don't scatter in the vehicle
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 19:46

Yes you do. From the codex. "If a model with a webway portal is in Reserves or Ongoing Reserves, then the model and any unit it has joined or is embarked upon has the Deep Strike special rule. This model, and his unit, will not scatter if arriving from Deep Strike Reserve." Therefore the unit (the firedragons ) and the archon can deep strike without scattering but the vehicle will still scatter. The vehicle is a different unit from the one the model is attached with which is why we can jink and shoot the guys inside at full BS and why the vehicle can shoot at a separate target from the guys inside. The webway portal only allows us to deep strike vehicles that normally cant like wave serpents.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 20:09

So what you are saying is a vehicle will always scatter because the vehicle is it's own separate unit. How could a vehicle ever be part of the unit then? Vehicles are always separate and can always shhit at different targets from the passengers. The vehicle doesn't have to be bought as part of the unit to work.
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 20:15

It cant be a part of the unit for the archon hence why they will scatter.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 20:20

he is embarked upon the vehicle. A vehicle is a unit.

Post your opinion about the WWP in the Q&A section
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 20:22

You are right a vehicle is a unit. But he is not a part of the archons unit. He is a separate entity in which the archon and his unit is embarked upon.
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 20:30

When arriving from Reserves (Deep Strike is a form of Reserve), units and any transport they are embarked on arrive together:
Quote :
Similarly, you must specify if any units in Reserve are embarked upon any Transport vehicles in Reserve, in which case they will arrive together.

Additionally, the reference section of our codex clarifies that the no-scatter applies to both the unit and the transport.
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 20:31

Where does it say that in our reference section? Yes they will arrive together but special rules dont necessarily apply to the transport.
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 20:39

The pull-out reference sheet at the back, last item of Arcane Wargear:
Quote :
If in Reserves or Ongoing Reserves, model and any unit it has joined or is embarked upon has Deep Strike, and will not scatter if arriving from Deep Strike Reserve.

Now that reads as it either applies to both unit and transport, or just the WWP carrier. And it's definitely not the latter. Either way, it's a non-issue because this doesn't conflict with the basic rule that units and their transport arrive together.
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 20:46

pg 108 in our codex contradicts what you just stated though. So which one do you follow the reference sheet or the actual rule?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 20:49

Erebus wrote:
The pull-out reference sheet at the back, last item of Arcane Wargear:
Quote :
If in Reserves or Ongoing Reserves, model and any unit it has joined or is embarked upon has Deep Strike, and will not scatter if arriving from Deep Strike Reserve.

Now that reads as it either applies to both unit and transport, or just the WWP carrier. And it's definitely not the latter. Either way, it's a non-issue because this doesn't conflict with the basic rule that units and their transport arrive together.

+1
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 20:58

So secondary question. When does the shadow field fail for you? After the first unsaved 2+ or at the end of the phase?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 21:14

Shadow field fails at the end of the phase if you happen to fail the invl
Back to top Go down
coffeeslinger07
Slave
coffeeslinger07

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16 2015, 10:52

I am thinking about dropping a unit of elder bikes to add ap3 power weapon/sword to my archon and autarch. What do yall think?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16 2015, 12:55

Nah! Keep the autarch and archon cheap. Bikes are much better
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16 2015, 13:08

I really like the list overall. One minor suggestion would be to reconsider mixing weapons on the War Walkers. Their roles are a little confused right now, with four St 6 Ap 6 shots and 1 Str 8 Ap2 shot per model. I'd either go all Bright Lance or all Scatter Laser. High volume of Str 6 shooting to take on mass infantry and light vehicles is something that DE tend to lack. I tend to favor Scatter Lasers personally, as pumping out 24 Str 6 shots is pretty devastating to light armor and almost all infantry units.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16 2015, 16:54

All scatter is really good. That's my go to
Back to top Go down
coffeeslinger07
Slave
coffeeslinger07

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18 2015, 10:22

I edited my list just a bit so check my first post. Do yall agree with the changes?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18 2015, 13:11

Go all scatter lasers on the walkers and you are good to go.

My list has a similar concept
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t11503-1850-dark-eldar-eldar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive    Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar w/ Eldar allies ALL COMERS list w/ solid airpower! Competitive
Page 1 of 1