THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Garden of Nurgle board help

Go down 
+2
commandersasha
Lord_Alino
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Garden of Nurgle board help Empty
PostSubject: Garden of Nurgle board help   Garden of Nurgle board help I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24 2013, 07:21

So I need some help with a garden of nurgle board

Obviously the base is a 1/2 inch 4X8 sheet of wood with a 4X8 sheet of pink foam on it.

I was curious as to what should be on it though

a lake in one of the corners that looks brown and disgusting?
A couple terrain pieces of big puss balls made with expanding foam?
Some rotted, dead, slimy trees?
Some big rotting mushrooms?

Whole board offers 5+ cover save due to the flies flying everywhere.

I was curious as to how to go about the project.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Nurgle board help   Garden of Nurgle board help I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24 2013, 10:48

This is a great time of year(Northern hemisphere!) to go wandering in the forest, finding all the dead wood that has fallen; start looking with the appropriate eyes, and you will see twigs that make great 28mm scale logs and branches, small branches for tree stumps etc. Any wood you find, cook it in a low oven for an hour to kill any unpleasant thingys, and to stop further decay.

This sounds like an amazing project! I would still consider building it modular however, as a 4'x8' is big to store, and you might get bored with it, or find that after a few games ALL the action ends up in one area due to a fluke of building.
Cut the pink foam into 1' or 2' squares, then you can re-arrange it every game, like the Realm Of Battle tiles. You can even build additional ones later to add
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Nurgle board help   Garden of Nurgle board help I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27 2013, 03:28

alright, thanks Sasha! (blows kiss)
Back to top Go down
Amuse Me
Hellion
Amuse Me

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Nurgle board help   Garden of Nurgle board help I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27 2013, 12:05

I when i read about the garden in my old demon codex, Iimagined lots of dead willow style trees, like all droopy and stuff, but craters of pus spring to mind as well...why have a lake when you can have a gigantic popped pimple?
Disturbing concepts aside, I would also expect a lot of wierd trees and degraded rock spires. Some guy got styrofoam or something like that and attacked it with a blowtorch (with a mask on) to make a rock colln for his lava board. Paintin it all overgrown and adding some clump foliage would look rather nurlish...
If you can find any of the old nurgling kits, where they all all individual, you could spread some around, kinda like little loveable inedible Easter eggs.
I also second the "build the board into smaller bits" motion, makes it more exciting.

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Nurgle board help   Garden of Nurgle board help I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27 2013, 18:00

i almost threw up when i read a gigantic popped pimple...
Anyways, that sounds like a good idea, degraded trees and rocks would work
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Nurgle board help   Garden of Nurgle board help I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2013, 16:04

geez lord Alino.   How many different things do you have on the go?  you have so many different ideas in this forum it is a bit ridiculous!! LOL!  Very Happy 

More importantly, start posting some photos of all this stuff you're working on!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Nurgle board help   Garden of Nurgle board help I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2013, 17:51

Silverglade, you understand the importance of my work, correct? Other teenagers can never be as creative as this one, and my Chapter I'll be doing has to wait for a while, (Till i get this, my snow board, and my Coven done, maybe some after that as well... just maybe)

Heck, I'm 14 and I've made.... 1000+ dollars from this after 3 months of work.

Also, I AM NOT RIDICULOUS! I AM THE HIGH LORD ARCHON ALINO LAS'KALO! BOW TO ME MORTAL! Razz

also, i need to get a camera that's better (will work on that) it's been almost 3 months since i needed one, I'll probably mug my younger brother's for photos (He's a pretty good photographer) -whispers- he's spider man.
Back to top Go down
Amuse Me
Hellion
Amuse Me

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Nurgle board help   Garden of Nurgle board help I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29 2013, 01:52

I like this guy. I second the photo motion, I want to see the big pimple.

Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Nurgle board help   Garden of Nurgle board help I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29 2013, 15:10

Lord_Alino wrote:
Silverglade, you understand the importance of my work, correct? Other teenagers can never be as creative as this one, and my Chapter I'll be doing has to wait for a while, (Till i get this, my snow board, and my Coven done, maybe some after that as well... just maybe)

So a lot of these aren't your own armies, they are commission work? That's awesome then! sounds like a good way to fund your hobby.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Nurgle board help   Garden of Nurgle board help I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01 2014, 19:19

Yeah glade, I have a derpy Necron army I was asked to paint at table top level, and a Marine army at 5000 PTS!!!

Also, this gameboard is acctually going to be one i use for home play, which is why it comes last. Same with the marine chapter (Probably will end up selling the chapter after I use it in a tournament though.)
Back to top Go down
horrid
Hellion
horrid

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Nurgle board help   Garden of Nurgle board help I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14 2014, 03:19

if your going to be building a swamp/marsh environment maybe some stands of trees that resemble cypress with gnarly roots protruding from the mire. It would be cool to see loops of intestines hanging from beneath the fronds as part of them.

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Nurgle board help   Garden of Nurgle board help I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14 2014, 11:56

Just to offer a suggestion for the board: expanding foam filler.

It comes out in nice lumps as the bubbles form inside, and looks good as massive puss filled boils.
I used some to make some Tyranid themed terrain, mainly as gene-sacks, that kind of thing. Here's an example, showing the genetic mash oozing from a mycetic spore.

Garden of Nurgle board help 2b3df0e8-d1e8-4bcb-9d4c-b42e45862c1a_zps56d4fb23

All I did was spray a little around the base of the spore (inside the crater) and let it expand out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Nurgle board help   Garden of Nurgle board help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garden of Nurgle board help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: