THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 list vs Space Wolves

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GwionB
Hellion
GwionB

1500 list vs Space Wolves Empty
PostSubject: 1500 list vs Space Wolves   1500 list vs Space Wolves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2013, 15:10

Ok, so my friend and I will be fighting a number of battles shortly (once we get both of our a*ses in gear!) in a point range of 750-1500, so I thought Id stick up my proposed 1500 list to be critically ripped to shreds and rebuilt in a respectable fashion Smile

HQ
Archon(shadowshield,huskblade,soultrap,PGL,combat drugs) = 170
&4 Incubi = 88
in a Venom= 55

Troops
10 Warriors (1 splinter cannon)= 100
in a Raider (flicker field)= 70
10 Wyches(all haywire, all hydra gauntlets) = 220
in a Raider (flickerfield) =70
2x 5 Kabalite Trueborn(splinter cannon, blaster &Dracon in each) = 90
each in Venom =110

Heavy Support
Ravager (Nightshield) = 115
Razorwing (Disintegrator) = 145

Fast Attack
6x Reaver Jetbikes (2 Heatlances, 2 Cluster Caltrops)= 196

Grand Total of 1429 points so sneaking under there. Could probably chuck a few extra upgrades in tbh but I'll leave it like this for now. Not sure what hes going to be fielding yet (Space Wolves of sorts) but general thoughts on that army make up? Please, be as harshly critical as you want/can :)best way to learn I think

Thanks in advance guys,

Gwïon
Back to top Go down
CavDoc
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list vs Space Wolves   1500 list vs Space Wolves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2013, 15:20

I usually leave the Soul Trap at home anymore. You're friend won't have many MC/ICs on the board. I also prefer MSU. Especially wyches. If you need to tarpit, you can always throw 2-3 squads of 5 together. If you need to wreck vehicles, you can send them in separately. What role are your Trueborn going to do? AI? AT? Figure that out and build appropriately. Unless your friend is bringing fliers, I'd drop the Razorwing for another Ravenger. And you might consider taking disses instead of dark lances on some.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
GwionB
Hellion
GwionB

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list vs Space Wolves   1500 list vs Space Wolves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2013, 15:36

Well I know he'll have one cause its the first thing he bought, lol. But you're right, maybe not worth it. Certainly right with the trueborn, I just kinda wanted some extra shooting power with mobility, hadn't really got a clear idea of their role. Not sure how much mech support hes gonna have so maybe split the wych squads into 5 and stick them in the venoms as AT, and dedicate a raider to trueborn AI (or AT) as appropriate? I'm stuck on having too many more venoms due to £££. And as for the other Ravager, its the only model ive got and I cant afford another one atm whereas I got a razorwing model super cheap on amazon (like 15 quid) with a voucher, so im kinda stuck, lol. But maybe since the trueborn (in the new consideration) are taking up the AI slack stick lances on that and see how I go.

Thanks for the feedback anyway friend! The more I get from the veterans on here the better, I shall not have the conceit of pride until I start winning regularly as an Archon Smile
Back to top Go down
GwionB
Hellion
GwionB

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list vs Space Wolves   1500 list vs Space Wolves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2013, 17:12

Balls, just realised I misread the rules! Only one in 5 wyches can take the gauntlets...damn. This is what it is to be a newbie Archon eh. lol. Well any extra comments would still be appreciated anyway, maybe with what I could add with that bucketload of points I just saved in mind too. Talos maybe?
Back to top Go down
CavDoc
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list vs Space Wolves   1500 list vs Space Wolves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2013, 18:16

I like to roll with 2 Talosi. But it can be finicky to play. Mushkilla has several battle reports that feature his use of Talos that I like.

Space Wolves want to be in cc. And they don't care if they charge you, or you charge them. So don't. Shoot them. Shoot them lots. And they are slow. So use your ability to zip around. Concentrate your forces where he is weak. Then zip away leaving wreckage behind.

Easier said than done of course. Lol. But as a former Space Wolf player, they go down just as quick as everyone else under a rain of poison shots. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
GKP
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list vs Space Wolves   1500 list vs Space Wolves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2013, 18:20

Also, watch the Long Fangs. Those things will eat your vehicles alive.
Back to top Go down
GwionB
Hellion
GwionB

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list vs Space Wolves   1500 list vs Space Wolves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2013, 18:31

Yeah I've heard the Long Fangs can be a real nightmare! Ok very much obliged for the feedback guys, I may skip the Talos if thats your reckoning (though a twin-linked liquefier does sound brutal!) and sneak an extra raider with a 5man kabalite squad & splinter cannon on it or something (bought one too many of the things for my foot contingent atm anyway) for board presence, and maybe stick a dissie on that? Who the hell knows. I'll experiment, I'll try my best, and if I get my ar*se kicked I'll be back again, cap in hand, begging for answers XD
Back to top Go down
GwionB
Hellion
GwionB

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list vs Space Wolves   1500 list vs Space Wolves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28 2013, 18:46

Come to think of it I could probably re-spec my Archon! Since these pesky wolves like a scrap so much maybe he doesnt need to be getting into tooth and nail fights with them, and stick him with a different bodyguard and lose the Incubi...hmmm. Things to think about. I'll only find the real balance after a few battles I suppose!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 list vs Space Wolves   1500 list vs Space Wolves I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 list vs Space Wolves
Page 1 of 1