THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) Empty
PostSubject: Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)   Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04 2014, 08:03

Masdeus Parasitic Goliath
WS5 BS5 S10 T8 W8 I4 A3 LD7 Sv2+ - Pt: 800 (May be taking as a Lord of War for 900 Pt)
Composition -1 Goliath
Unit Type - Gargantuan Creature
Wargear

Special Rules
Rage
Pain Dispensers - At the beginning of your upkeep choose a friendly unit within 12" and make a leadership check, if you pass that unit gains a Pain Token.
Acidic Rain - when the Goliath dies place an Apocalypse blast template over it, all models under the template, friend or foe, Take a S1 AP3 Poisoned (4+) wound, as when the Goliath falls over, all of it's Acidic Blood will spray out of it and eat through armour, killing many as it dies.
Goliath Jump - You may choose to move 24 inches instead of charging, running, or shooting this turn.

Liquifier Cannon - Sd6+3 APd6 Hellstorm Template, Assault 1.
Powered Flesh Gauntlet - SD AP1

I'm (don't laugh) using a big Rancor toy from starwars as the base for this model Razz Oh and when I can't use this in games I'll probably just bring it as a Warhound.

Last edited by Lord_Alino on Sun Mar 02 2014, 12:48; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MFive
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)   Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08 2014, 21:44

looks good, but what is the frenzy special rule? its not a USR, perhaps you meant rage? also, imo 900 seems high, your opponent might never kill it, but it doesn't seem like it would kill much either, making it never take damage, meaning it wouldn't even serve as a dmg soke
i have only played one game of escalation, and no games of apoc
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)   Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08 2014, 23:24

ahh yes rage is indeed what i meant when i suggested it my bad ><
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)   Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10 2014, 03:47

MFive, it has to be priced high so that my opponent would let me use it.
Back to top Go down
MFive
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)   Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11 2014, 05:38

ah, well that would be a good reason for the comparatively high price to normal APOC units, 800 seems more reasonable imo, does he count as a Lord of War?

hope you have fun with the model/rules, its what the game is for Smile 
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)   Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11 2014, 09:39

He could be a lord of war, even though I don't bring them, I personally hate Super Heavies in regular games.
Back to top Go down
MFive
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)   Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11 2014, 21:58

i agree, super heavies don't have a place outside of APOC where nothing but destruction matters
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)   Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02 2014, 12:50

Great news guys, I just received my Rancor in the mail. I'll be adding all the stuff onto it today and through out the week. It'll make a great center piece when finished Wink

The model itself is 10 inches tall and 8 inches from tail to the front of it's face. May need to remeasure that though.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)   Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 18:05

Question - Would anybody care if I fielded this after I put a couple hundred dollars worth of models on it?
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)   Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 18:57

Lord_Alino wrote:
Question - Would anybody care if I fielded this after I put a couple hundred dollars worth of models on it?
I would.
...if it was approved by Phil Kelly and Andy Chambers, that is.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)   Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05 2014, 12:12

I know you say you priced it high so that people would let you use it, but if I might suggest, it might be better to drop the points and tweak a few things instead to act as counter-balancing flaws.
I suggest:

WS5 BS5 S10 T8 W8 I4 A3 LD 7drop to 6 Sv2+
Composition -1 Goliath

Wargear
Masdeus Skin (Confers a 2+ Armour Save and a Pain Token)
2X Liquifier Cannon Make twin-linked instead.
2X Powered Flesh Gauntlets. Remove. It's already AP2, and its Str10 makes the poison rule irrelevant. Adding instant death (to kill other Monstrous/Gargantuans I assume) is a bit overkill.

Special Rules
Night Vision
Power From Pain
Altered Physique
Rage
Pain Dispensers - At the beginning of your upkeep choose a friendly unit within 12" and make a leadership check, if you pass that unit gains a Pain Token. I assume this means that the monster makes the check, not the receiving unit? Otherwise it'd be too bearded.
Acidic Rain - when the Goliath dies place an Apocalypse blast template over it, all models under the template, friend or foe, Take a S1 AP3 Poisoned (4+) wound, as when the Goliath falls over, all of it's Acidic Blood will spray out of it and eat through armour, killing many as it dies. My personal feeling, if this is open for regular non-Apocalypse games now, is not to bring Apocalypse templates into it. Also, that's a damn big template. I suggest instead d3 small templates, scattering from the monster.
Goliath Jump - You may choose to move 24 inches instead of charging, running, or shooting this turn. This is one I would put a flaw on. It's a massive advantage, even if it does lose its shooting and assault turns as a result. Put the slight tweak in that when it uses this move, it is subject to the Dangerous terrain rule when it takes off and lands as with jump infantry (despite its size), or because of its size make it open to either Interceptor or Grounding tests when it lands. It might seem like you're adding something harmful to your unit, but this slight flaw would help the rule be a little more balanced.

[/quote]

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)   Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05 2014, 14:56

WS5 BS5 S10 T8 W8 I4 A3 LD6 Sv2+ - Pt: 725 (May be taking as a Lord of War for 800 Pt)
Composition -1 Goliath
Wargear

Special Rules
Rage
Pain Dispensers - At the beginning of your turn choose a friendly unit within 12" and the Goliath makes a leadership check, if you pass that unit gains a Pain Token.
Acidic Rain - when the Goliath dies place D3 small blast templates within 12 inches of it, all models under the template, friend or foe, Take a S1 AP3 Poisoned (4+) wound, as when the Goliath falls over, all of it's Acidic Blood will spray out of it and eat through armour, killing many as it dies.
Goliath Jump - You may choose to move 24 inches instead of charging, running, or shooting this turn, however because of it's size must make a grounding test when it lands and is open to interceptor during the jump.

Liquifier Cannon - Sd6+3 APd6 Hellstorm Template, Assault 1.
Powered Flesh Gauntlet - S-D Ap1

How is this in place of the original design? I know you said drop the gauntlets but you do know that a Strength D weapon is ultra cheese right? So I figured I'd leave it in for one combat attack.

Last edited by Lord_Alino on Wed Mar 05 2014, 16:15; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)   Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05 2014, 15:26

My comment on the Flesh Gauntlet was referring to its Poison effect, which is useless in a Str10 creature.
I'll be honest, I've not bothered with Escalation, etc, so I have no idea what D actually does.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)   Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05 2014, 15:39

Poison is very good on Str10 creature, it means rerolls to wound against everything!

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)   Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05 2014, 16:13

squid - Strength D is the ultra cheese, it has it's own table for damage effects. On a six what ever it hits takes 6d6 wounds (or hull points if it's a vehicle) on a 2-5 it's 1 d6 and a 1 is 1d3 if I remember.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)   Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Masdeus Parasitic Goliath (Custom DE apoc unit in progress)
Page 1 of 1