THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2500 points

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
IASGATG
Hellion

2500 points  Empty
PostSubject: 2500 points    2500 points  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2011, 17:30

I will start off with a disclaimer.

This is not a competitive list. I know how to make a competitive list. Furthermore I do not believe Dark Eldar can be competitive at this point level. As a result, this army list is mostly for show, looking to hear feed back on thoughts, creative more than competitive. I should note that I am not a creative person and that I struggle to make "themes". A last note is that I am only fielding units that I have models for.

HQ
Vect - For fear factor alone, I take him in anything 2000 points or higher.
Haemonculus #1 - Webway Portal
Haemonculus #2 - Webway Portal + Hexrifle
Haemonculus #3 - Hexrifle

Elite
6 Incubi on Raider (w/ Flickerfield, Night Shields, Torment Grenade Launcher, Enhanced Aethersails)
6 Incubi on Raider (w/ Flickerfield, Night Shields, Torment Grenade Launcher, Enhanced Aethersails)
4 Trueborn (w/ 4x Blasters) on Venom (w/ 2x Splinter Cannons, Night Shields)

Troop
7 Wyches (w/ Hekatrix (w/ Agonizer), Shardnet + Impaler, Haywire Grenades)

Fast Attack
4 Beastmasters, 5 Khymeraes, 6 Razorwing Flocks
6 Reavers (w/ 2x Cluster Caltrops)
5 Scourges (w/ 2x Haywire Blasters)

Heavy Support
Ravager (w/ Flickerfield, Night Shields)
Ravager (w/ Flickerfield, Night Shields)
Talos (w/ +1 CCW, Chain Flails, TL Heat-Lance)

Total Points - 2498

The only thing on the list that is not self explanatory is the placement of the Haemonculi. Number 1 rides with the Trueborn, departing and then popping the portal. Number two rides with the Incubi, giving them the pain token, parting ways and sniping. Number three rides with Vect, giving them the pain token before parting ways and sniping.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

2500 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 points    2500 points  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2011, 17:37

Liquifers are better than Hexrifles, and if you make the switch you save enough to get all 3 haemies one.

Reavers need Heat Lances not Caltrops. the Drive by tactics just dont work.
Back to top Go down
IASGATG
Hellion

2500 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 points    2500 points  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2011, 17:39

Disagree on both points.

At no point do I want a free killing point within flamethrower distance of anything.

Caltrops work just fine for this list. I have "enough" anti-tank and Reavers out of a portal provide me basically the entire portal to attack. Furthermore, if they wish to engage my bikers, so be it.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

2500 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 points    2500 points  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2011, 17:57

If your worried about KPs then your playing the wrong army.

And if I was your oppt, hunting for KPs that Heamie would be an easy target whether or not it is in flamer distance.

At least the LG has a chance of doing something worthwhile.

15 lances at 2.5k is not nearly enough. Even adding the extra 2 from the reavers to bring it to 17 wouldn't give you enough. But at least it would be 2 more shots that might do something. And in the mech world of 5th ed. those caltrops are gunna be sitting around doing nothing most of the time.

Back to top Go down
IASGATG
Hellion

2500 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 points    2500 points  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2011, 18:09

So right at the start of the post, when I said "This is not a competitive list. I know how to make a competitive list." followed by " looking to hear feed back on thoughts, creative more than competitive." which part did you miss?

Baron Tordeck wrote:
If your worried about KPs then your playing the wrong army.

I know that Dark Eldar are extermely kill point heavy, that's why almost all of my games end up in me tabling them in the first 4 turns. However, in the event that something goes catastrophically wrong, I would like to reduce the negative as much as possible.

Baron Tordeck wrote:
And if I was your oppt, hunting for KPs that Heamie would be an easy target whether or not it is in flamer distance.

Furthermore, it is much harder to "hunt down" something that is ~36" away in cover, when you have so much barreling down on you. Vect + 2 squads of Incubi + 4 squads of Wyches + a Beastmaster squad doesn't give you much room to apply pressure to a lone Haeomonculus. Furthermore if you do, you are wasting time and effort on him, making it worth it. Having him in range where a casual multi-assault will wipe him out however is not sound strategic thinking.

Baron Tordeck wrote:
15 lances at 2.5k is not nearly enough. Even adding the extra 2 from the reavers to bring it to 17 wouldn't give you enough. But at least it would be 2 more shots that might do something. And in the mech world of 5th ed. those caltrops are gunna be sitting around doing nothing most of the time.

You have just made several assumptions without having any evidence to back it up. I am well aware of the situation, I am also well aware that I have "enough" anti-tank. I use air quotes because I know approximately how much mech he will be bringing and I know how to effectively counter it with limited anti-tank power. I know my enemy, you do not.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

2500 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 points    2500 points  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2011, 19:30

I was going to comment on the list but you sort of scared me off.

Could you clarify what you mean by "creative" feedback? Like...you want us to help you build towards some sort of theme? What is the theme of the list then - you don't say. If creative is not theme feedback...well...what is?
Back to top Go down
IASGATG
Hellion

2500 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 points    2500 points  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2011, 19:51

Creative, as in cute or novel little twists I could put into things. For example, Strange Dude a while ago spoke of putting 3 Mandrakes into his army list just to screw with scout moves and stuff. This is a creative idea that isn't really competitive.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

2500 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 points    2500 points  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2011, 20:54

Nothing that isn't a dramatic re-work of the list then.

I do think there are possibilities for functional Coven at that point level, and if I wanted fun I'd probably be playing around more with Grot bomb tactics and less Wych stuff. I mean, if you're going to try to make WWP work why not go whole hog and push it to a limit rather than running what is basically a Raider list sans Raiders?

I'd probably push the Wych squads up to size maximums or try to run more Coven stuff and drown my opponent in Beasts and Grots.
Back to top Go down
IASGATG
Hellion

2500 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 points    2500 points  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23 2011, 15:17

I'd love to do a Coven list as well, but I don't fancy spending £400 for the models.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2500 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 points    2500 points  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2500 points
Page 1 of 1