THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2500 point

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MrBrokenAzs
Kabalite Warrior
MrBrokenAzs

2500 point  Empty
PostSubject: 2500 point    2500 point  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18 2012, 14:36

So I am not completely new to the Dark Eldar and Ive done a little research on them. I play very competatively with my friends but haven't played an army that doesn't have power armor. So I'm not sure how I hold up against Horde. We all play semi-fluff, but competative lists. I wanted to make a Realspace Pirate Fleet and was just wondering what changes I should make to help me against mainly against Chaos Space Marines Dark Angel deep strike terminators.

HQ Duke Sliscus - 150pts

HQ Succubus w/ Net - 70pts

EL (Succubus) 9 Bloodbrides w/ 3 Nets, Syren w/ Venom Blade - 162pts
In a Raider w/ Prow, and Chains - 70

EL 10 Bloodbrides w/ 3 Nets, Syren w/ Venom Blade - 175pts
In a Raider w/ Prow - 65pts

EL (Duke) 9 Trueborn w/ 2 Splinter Cannons, 7 Cardines - 163pts
In a Raider w/ Prow, Chain- 70pts

Trp 5 Warriors w/ Dark Lance in Venom w/ 2 Splinter Cannons, Chains - 140pts

Trp 10 Warriors w/ Splinter Cannon in Raider w/ Splinter Rack - 170

Trp 10 Wyches w/ 2 nets Syren w/ Venom Blade in Raider w/ Prow, Chains - 205

Hvy Voidraven w/ 2 Necro, 2 Shatter, Night Shield - 185pts

Hvy Ravager - 105pts

Hvy Ravager - 105pts

Game Plan; Deep Strike all in, placing myself at ranged/in cover with everything first turn it drops in. Begins popping off the vehicles Asap, so I can open fire and rip the rank and file to shreds.

I played an Archon bloodbrides swamp with 50 warriors in the list, it just was a little to easy to hunt and kill everything and it lost its fun, and games were just very one sided when turn one I was dropping both demon princes turn 1 before they could get close, and just running circles around the vehicles and taking 2 or 3 of the 5 or 6 out turn 2. I figure this list will give me the feel of realspace pirate descending on a planet to rain fear and reap the rewards of death, without having my win set up turn 3 or 4. And void ravens seem like a wholesome unit, that can move enough not to be killed easily.

Any ideas for changes, or making it rounded against any nids and tau, which will most likely be the enemies i play a lot. Its big in my area.
Back to top Go down
LordOfRuin
Slave
LordOfRuin

2500 point  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 point    2500 point  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18 2012, 20:42

The list looks really cool imo but I did spot a massive flaw. I count 7 troop choices rather than the maximum of 6. You may want to look into that before throwing this list into a competitive environment.

I would recommend dropping 1 of your 5 man warrior squads + its venom for 5 scourges with 2x haywire blasters/heat lances/blasters or something. That way your using FA slots and not 7 troops and they can deep strike in with your army providing AT or AI support AND they will come in at between 130-150 points depending on the weapon choices you make.

I also think your selling your Succubus' combat prowess short by giving her a Shardnet + Impaler, with her WS and I at 8 I'd never consider taking her on a raid without an Agoniser or two. I personally use an Agoniser + an Electrocorrosive Whip on mine. When she charges MEQ IC's or TEQs packing Thunder Hammers or Power Fist weps I use the EC Whip and drop their STR to 2 so it's only a STR 4 hit to avoid instant death and the Agoniser can be used to nail marines left right and center. Put a Succubus like this in a 9x Bloodbride squad with 3x Nets and you will have a super tarpitty slaughter house. Some people might say "oh but you wont get the extra attack for 2CC weps" I'd sacrifice that for versatility and survivability.

Anyway..... That's my two cents, hope it helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MrBrokenAzs
Kabalite Warrior
MrBrokenAzs

2500 point  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 point    2500 point  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18 2012, 20:47

I didnt even realize i had 1 to many troops xD thanks.

And I like to just super tarpit, my run friend runs double demon princes, with 2 draudnauts and tons of other smashy guys. The other uses almost all terminators, so i need a way to tie them up and while i can pick off the other guys.
Back to top Go down
MrBrokenAzs
Kabalite Warrior
MrBrokenAzs

2500 point  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 point    2500 point  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18 2012, 20:55

HQ Duke Sliscus - 150pts

HQ Succubus w/ Net - 70pts

EL (Succubus) 9 Bloodbrides w/ 3 Nets, Syren w/ Venom Blade - 162pts
In a Raider w/ Prow, and Chains - 70

EL 10 Bloodbrides w/ 3 Nets, Syren w/ Venom Blade - 175pts
In a Raider w/ Prow - 65pts

EL (Duke) 9 Trueborn w/ 2 Splinter Cannons, 7 Cardines - 163pts
In a Raider w/ Prow, Chain- 70pts

FA 5 Scourges w/ 2 Dark Lances - 140pts

Hvy Voidraven w/ 2 Necro, 2 Shatter, Night Shield - 185pts

Hvy Ravager - 105pts

Hvy Ravager - 105pts

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

2500 point  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 point    2500 point  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18 2012, 21:33

Not valid - 5 man warrior squad cant take Dark Lance.
Back to top Go down
LordOfRuin
Slave
LordOfRuin

2500 point  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 point    2500 point  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20 2012, 11:14

This is also true! I missed that the 1st time around. You need 10 man squads before you can take DLs or Splinter Cannons with Warriors.

Also your Splinter Cannons do not benefit from Splinter Racks in those raiders, alas it is only Splinter Pistols and Rifles that gain the re-rolls there. I'd not bother personally but that's my take on things.

I'd take this list and re-evaluate how this is going to work based on both mine and Azdrubael's comments. It's got potential but you need to get it compliant with the rules and force organisation before it's used.
Back to top Go down
MrBrokenAzs
Kabalite Warrior
MrBrokenAzs

2500 point  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 point    2500 point  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20 2012, 18:08

Yeah no, I ended up using this list with a table that was 5'x3', so i kept everything back and deep striked everyone in. Terrible idea. I didnt loose, I had 3/4 objectives. But i got my vehicles cut through like a paper shredder... It was bad. So I'm retooling to make a RealSpace Pirate Coven.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2500 point  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 point    2500 point  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2500 point
Page 1 of 1