THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

alternate models for some mandrakes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sekerra
Slave
sekerra

alternate models for some mandrakes Empty
PostSubject: alternate models for some mandrakes   alternate models for some mandrakes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15 2014, 07:18

I know, I know... this is sooo wrong since they are some of the nicest models out there for dark eldar.  And many people don't like to use mandrakes in their amry due to the rules and how they interact with 6th edition.  But hear me out.

I have a dozen or so of the old metal daemonettes of slaanesh... and I was looking at them and realized with very little conversion (some green stuff over the mouth and lower face to start with) they would make very interesting mandrakes.  Mix them in with the standard mandrakes and it would look like a really vicious squad I think.

I am in the middle of working on various other conversions for my Haemonculii coven (has a strong wyche cult tie in, with alot of the old metal wyche figures and the dark elf witch figures... *snicker* even have some of the old metal mandrakes in my wyche cult) and was looking at my parts and old figures I never assembled and came across the daemonettes.  

I would love to hear some peoples opinions on this... I will likely make one up and post a picture on here later of it.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: alternate models for some mandrakes   alternate models for some mandrakes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15 2014, 16:12

Which old metal daemonettes? The bald crabs or the bare boobies? (or the weird puss-y Nurgle/Tzeentch composite things that were called daemonettes...though if you had those I would strongly oppose putting green stuff on them)
Back to top Go down
sekerra
Slave
sekerra

PostSubject: Re: alternate models for some mandrakes   alternate models for some mandrakes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15 2014, 17:54

Thor665 wrote:
Which old metal daemonettes? The bald crabs or the bare boobies? (or the weird puss-y Nurgle/Tzeentch composite things that were called daemonettes...though if you had those I would strongly oppose putting green stuff on them)

lol, the ones that looked like the female eldar in little to no clothes ones. Given the description of the mandrakes and that they only wear the skins of those that betrayed them I felt it would work for the loincloths they wear.

plus since the normal mandrakes are all half naked males, it is only fair to do the same as female mandrakes.
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: alternate models for some mandrakes   alternate models for some mandrakes I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16 2014, 21:31

got any pics?

I see Mandrakes are like Thrudd the Barberian, equal opportunity undressers
Back to top Go down
sekerra
Slave
sekerra

PostSubject: Re: alternate models for some mandrakes   alternate models for some mandrakes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 05:38

Here is a picture of 5 of the first 6 I have made, sorry the picture is a bit blurry.  May try to get another better one later, but at least it gives a good basic idea on what I am trying.alternate models for some mandrakes Custom10

Let me know what you all think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: alternate models for some mandrakes   alternate models for some mandrakes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

alternate models for some mandrakes
Page 1 of 1