THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Harlequins

Go down 
+4
Kabalman
Azdrubael
PartridgeKing
inorexia
8 posters
AuthorMessage
inorexia
Hellion
inorexia

Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Harlequins   Harlequins I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17 2014, 10:15

I have some conversions planned that I think would fit best with the theme of the harlequins (jumpy-stabby space elves). While I am trying very hard to not run a super-tweaked net list but instead go for theme and fun, I have never heard anything good about these guys.

Any advice? I'm currently thinking about a unit of 6 (one being a shadowseer, obviously) running with my cheap-o archon. I'm toying with the idea of the archon carrying a WWP occasionally, too - the harlies provide a nice little bonus if he's on the board anyway, right?

Another couple of questions - has anyone tried running them with the Duke? If it's an option should I take them from our dex or CWE allies?

Appreciate any input!

Sybarite
PartridgeKing

Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins   Harlequins I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17 2014, 13:31

At work so don't have the codex to hand, but doesn't the Duke have to be deployed with a unit of Kabalites - warriors or trueborn - if they're available?

Never used harlequins myself, though I do inevitably intend to. As for the ideas behind taking them, I'd say if you like the unit and they fit the theme you're going for then why not, unless you're specifically going into heavy tournament or a very competitive meta I've always found you can find a way to make most units 'do something'.

Also - and this is entirely my personal bias on display - webway portals are always fun.

As for the archon with the WWP with the harlequins I suppose it depends how far in you want to go, as - assuming I'm remembering correctly - you're not going to be able to have them hop into a transport if you're wanting to take full advantage of the veil of tears. But veil working on the archon would seem the logical way to keep him safe.

As for using them as allies, do you want to be fielding eldar troops and HQ as well / do you have the points to do so without losing other things you'd rather take from the DE codex. If the answer to those is yes, then it makes sense to do so if you want them on the board, but would need to consider whose elites choices matter more to you as we've got a fair few options and obviously you only get the one allied one until 2000+.

A stitch in time, saves nine.

---

The Templar & The Alien - Battle Report

---

No Rest for the Wicked, a UK based Warhammer 40,000 LARP
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins   Harlequins I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17 2014, 17:02

Their best use seems to be to accompany some really killy HQ. Vect, Lilly, Draz, Succy.
They can work like a bunker, a delivery system.

Take an allied Farseer for more lolz and Fortune. Harlies really like Psychic Powers support. Doom and Guide is bread and butter of Harlies. Especially Doom.

I kinda like CWE version more, better to not be shot at all, then roll cover against Wave Serpents...woops you dont! Take some Grisly Trophies, mind you.
Back to top Go down
Kabalman
Slave

Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins   Harlequins I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18 2014, 22:23

I found great use of them...
I run Archon-huskblase/soultrap/haywireblaster/phantasm/shadowfield
Hamonculus-2x venom blade/WWP/Crucible of Malediction
Shadowseer
Harlie's w/ troupe master- all have Kiss/ 2x fusion pistols/ master has the shuriken pistol

With this unit I popped a wave serpent blew through 6 waithguard and work into another unit before the harlies and shadowseer died leaving the hq's to fend for themselves.
Back to top Go down
dangerous beans
Kabalite Warrior
dangerous beans

Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins   Harlequins I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 02:30

Kabalman, I'm stoked for you buddy but that seems like a VERY expensive unit! Do you not think that it is an example of 'all eggs in one basket'?

Azdrubael, what do you find justifies the difference between Craftworld and DE harlequins? Do craftworlders get the Wave Serpent as a dedicated transport?! edit: just found a copy and checked - how curious not to update both harlie units to be the same...

Any thoughts on which is better? It seems ours are better once close to your target unit, the craftworld ones are better en-route.

PartrigeKing knows how to use WWP and I too, like both of you, am really keen to make the WWP in its current incarnation (no assaulting out of it?!) work, Harlies make an excellently fluffy addition to an army that includes WWP and/or craftworld eldar. I'm keen to playtest this concept Very Happy

csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins   Harlequins I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 11:03

tbh, i'd take corsair allies and just take a unit of 5. they can take a venom this way so they can keep up with your main assault
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins   Harlequins I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 12:17

@ csjarrat:
Isn't it ilegal to put allied troops into your transports?
Even battle brothers?
According to BYB page 112.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins   Harlequins I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 12:55

Marrath Schlagschatten wrote:
@ csjarrat:
Even battle brothers?

The Corsairs have access to Venoms in their own list so I assume he means they have their own Venom, not using one of the DE ones.

csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins   Harlequins I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 13:15

Marrath Schlagschatten wrote:
@ csjarrat:
Even battle brothers?
they can take a venom of their own according to the forgeworld book. it has a shuriken cannon on it though, not the splinter cannon.
Back to top Go down
dangerous beans
Kabalite Warrior
dangerous beans

Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins   Harlequins I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 13:46

I'm intrigued to know the thoughts on differences between the 2xD6 spotting distance vs Shrouded and Stealthed.

Thinking about it a little more the shrouded/stealthed really doesn't seem to be so great does it?

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins   Harlequins I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 18:09

Well, with Spotting Distance only helldrake effectively screw you. And you have to roll psychic test everey turn, and if you go second you cant have effect right away.

Stealth and Shrouded you have always, but lots of cover ignoring stuff well ignore it...

csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins   Harlequins I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 19:34

well its a question of 4+ cover save stood butt naked in the open versus a random sight distance that you have to roll for, and might kill your expensive psyker if he rolls a perils.

in cover (which they ignore for movement purposes) they get up to a whopping 2+ save. given they'll have to eat overwatch and a 2+/4+ is better than a 5++, I know which i'd rather take.
Yes flamers bone them hard, but whats new? they bone all eldar hard, with the exception of wraithguard and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins   Harlequins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlequins
Page 1 of 1