THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Void Raven re-do.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

Void Raven re-do. Empty
PostSubject: Void Raven re-do.   Void Raven re-do. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2014, 09:48

Well, so I built my conversion a good while back. Really liked the way most of it turned out but never was happy with the front. So I took a step back and started the fix. Here is what it started out like:

Void Raven re-do. Vdtop

And now I have reworked the front.

Void Raven re-do. VRredo_zpsea147cfd

Void Raven re-do. DEVR_zps1650906d

Void Raven re-do. DEVRF_zpsd8cea2e9

Now the problem is, What to do for the paint job now? Some have said to do it back the way I had it before but would like some input from my fellow DE players on what they think. I was thinking about doing a kinda dragons head firing flames out of its mouth but not sure. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Slave

Void Raven re-do. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven re-do.   Void Raven re-do. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2014, 10:25

Wow, that first one looked incredible.

My suggestion though is try what you prefer because at the end of the day it is your model and you are the one that needs to be happy with it.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Void Raven re-do. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven re-do.   Void Raven re-do. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2014, 17:38

Really nice GS work BD, and the re-profiled front looks much better, the smooth curves blend in with the rest of the DE aesthetic and the side profile has a more menacing look to it. Well done.

I almost cried when I saw that you had painted over that lovely paint job, but considering it and your RW, I have no doubt that you will replace it with something equally as awesome, or even more so. Can't wait to see it.

Cheers.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

Void Raven re-do. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven re-do.   Void Raven re-do. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2014, 19:04

Not sure on the paint job, just make sure it's menacing enough to fit that awesome model.

If I might make a humble suggestion regarding the Void lances (since you already have to repaint it), the barrel from the Fire Prism cannon makes a great looking "Giant Dark Lance" aka Void Lance with very minimal modificaion. I bought two of these online and they're a perfect fit.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

Void Raven re-do. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven re-do.   Void Raven re-do. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24 2014, 08:28

Thanks guys. I keep looking at it sitting there in black primer and it still hasn't hit me. Thinking Saturday night I will have a brain storm, I hope. Got the air brushes ready just need my idea. Thanks for the lance idea Bugs, I have 1 already but think I'm gonna stick to the ones I made already. Weird tho, don't have patience to wait on one to come in but patiently waiting to paint it, huh?! Will post pics asap. By the way, can you show me a pic of your void lances?

Kabalite Warrior

Void Raven re-do. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven re-do.   Void Raven re-do. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24 2014, 23:21

Et Voila!

Void Raven re-do. Vr10
Void Raven re-do. Vl10

All I did was cut down one of the fins a bit to look more like the dark lance fin and fill in the other two fin slots with GS.  The piece in the center of the barrel is the little spike bit at the bottom of the raider sail with the tip cut off.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

Void Raven re-do. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven re-do.   Void Raven re-do. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26 2014, 10:33

Interesting. Thanks for the pics, it does look great. Wanted to paint on it tonight but had to work late...soon, my pretty, soon.

Void Raven re-do. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven re-do.   Void Raven re-do. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Void Raven re-do.
Page 1 of 1