THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Mandrakes...?

Go down 
+22
Calaman
Unholyllama
benmannen6
Its_Rumble
Laughingcarp
Devilogical
Unorthodoxy
Vasara
Deamon
MFive
Servicious
MurDok
Myrvn
Massaen
SCP Yeeman
Panic_Puppet
Roc
Thor665
1++
wanderingblade
Squidmaster
lcfr
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Myrvn
Wych

Mandrakes...? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandrakes...?   Mandrakes...? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 24 2014, 23:26

The way I read infiltrate and outflank in new edition it didn't sound like a character could tag along with outflank. Would you mind referencing which rules you are looking at? I'd like you reference that for my local group. It would be awesome to have mandrakes with a ham.
Back to top Go down
benmannen6
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Mandrakes...?   Mandrakes...? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 24 2014, 23:44

The way I read it too it seems like they can't join Outflankers. It specifically says Outflanking has to be declared during deployment. And ICs cannot join units with the Infiltrate rule. It's not just Infiltrating units... It doesn't matter if they Outflank or Infiltrate. They still have the Infiltrate rule...

You declare and now actually "deploy" Outflankers during deployment, they are not just kept in Reserve as before and then Outflank.

But in a new codex this must be fixed. It is nuts that the most sneaky, backstabbing, ambushing army cannot do this to their opponent in any useful way.

A single infantry unit that can infiltrate in the codex... Talk about failing to live up to the fluff...
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Mandrakes...?   Mandrakes...? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 06:49

It's entirely possible I'm wrong, but I've talked to several people about it and they've all read it the same way.

p.167 - The Infiltrate rule gives the unit the Outflank rule, if they're kept in reserve. And them being kept in reserves must be declared.

p.166 - 2nd paragraph of the IC description, "Joining and Leaving a Unit: An IC can begin the game already with a unit, either by being deployed in unit coherency with it or, if the unit is in Reserve, by you informing your opponent of which unit it has joined."

Rundown:
So far, we declare a unit with the Infiltrate rule is being kept in Reserves.
This gives them the Outflank rule.
And we declare an IC joining a unit in Reserve, legal as per the IC description.

Now that we've got a unit with Outflank and an attached IC in Reserves, we look to the Outflank rule.
p.168 - "During deployment, declare any unit with at least one model with this rule is attempting to outflank the enemy..."

p.166 again - 6th paragraph: "While an Independent Character is part of a unit, he counts as part of the unit for all rules purposes..."

Which leaves us with the following:
A unit containing at least one model with the Outflank rule, being kept in reserves, declared to be outflanking.

Sure they have the infiltrate rule, but they aren't using it. They AREN'T INFILTRATING. They're using the Outflank rule they've qualified for by being kept in reserve, and the IC is tagging along as part of a unit with the Outflank rule.

Make sense?

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
benmannen6
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Mandrakes...?   Mandrakes...? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 21:59

That's pretty much how it was done in 6th.

And I reaaaaaaaally hope it will be ruled the way you describe it. I want to keep outflanking 10 Mandrakes with a Haemonculus.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Smile

But I can see ppl ruling since they still have the Infiltrate rule a non-Infiltrate can't join them. At least for a while... Ill read all the page references. Thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mandrakes...?   Mandrakes...? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mandrakes...?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3