THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts?   Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03 2014, 18:22

Hey guys, the one thing I Really want to keep here is Vect, as he leads my black kabal! I'm wondering what you guys think of this list, it's not going to be playing in a tourney or anything, I just want it to kick ass and take slaves for commoragh! So, here goes:

HQ:

Vect

Troops:

10 Kabalite Warriors, blaster, splinter cannon; Raider, flickerfields, splinter racks
10 Kabalite Warriors, blaster, splinter cannon; Raider, flickerfields, splinter racks
9 wyches, (with Vect); Raider, flickerfields
5 Kabalite Warriors, blaster;Venom dual splinter cannons
5 Kabalite Warriors, blaster; Venom dual splinter cannons
5 Kabalite Warriors, blaster; Venom dual splinter cannons

Elites:

3 Trueborn, 3 blasters; Venom dual splinter cannons
3 Trueborn, 3 blasters; Venom dual splinter cannons

Dedicated Transports (accounted for above)

Venom dual splinter cannons

Raider, flickerfields, splinter racks
Raider, flickerfields, splinter racks
Raider, flickerfields,

Heavy Support:

Ravager w/ 3 dark lances
Ravager w/ 3 dark lances
Ravager w/ 3 dark lances
Back to top Go down
PowerFromPain71
Hellion
PowerFromPain71

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts?   Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04 2014, 03:18

It seems like a good army list, but why are you using Vect as your HQ?
Back to top Go down
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts?   Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2014, 13:11

Anyone? I always squash my buddy with daemons, and i just started dark eldar. I don't wanna lose my first game against him. He's playing space marines with bikes, grav centurian, storm talons, razor backs. Please help
Back to top Go down
PowerFromPain71
Hellion
PowerFromPain71

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts?   Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11 2014, 03:20

I think you have a very well rounded list, but for what he does, I think it would be better to replace Vect with a cheaper HQ. That opens points up for other options. Getting rid of Vect and the Wyches with an Archon with Huskblade, Soul-trap, Shadowfield, and PGL in a unit of Incubi, is a better option in my humble opinion. Wyches are good tarpit units, but you don't want your HQ in a tarpit unit. Hope this was helpful. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts?   Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11 2014, 03:50

Well I'm not generally a fan of list tailoring, but if he has the units you listed you may want to consider changing some of your dark lances to disintegrators (maybe change one ravager to all dissies.) They murder centurions and bikes alike and can glace AV10 pretty reliably. From what you listed the heaviest armor he has is a razorback so you shouldn't need a huge number of lances (though more darklight never hurt.)  Very Happy 

Vect and wyches together are a winning combo against bikers. His septer murders them like everything else with a 3+ save and the wyches keep him safe. Don't take that unit against anything with a 2+ save, like centurions unless you want you're expensive beat stick not accomplish anything.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts?   Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12 2014, 09:30

Vect plus Incubi is pretty hilarious. He and 5 Incubi are just....horrible....because of Preferred Enemy. The Incubi alone kill an average of 4.5 non-Storm Shield Terminators on the charge. Incidentally, they also kill about that many Space Marine Bikes on the charge. A normal unit of ten Tactical Marines would be lucky to strike back.

If Vect is in a tarpit unit (like Wyches), he'll probably dig that unit out of whatever thing it's fighting (except terminators and the like).That said, you probably want that giant tarpit to just frustrate the Centurions so I'd call that a strike against that idea.

The list building aspect looks pretty solid although I think that Vect ought to be used with more assault oriented armies because it's harder for him to be singled out. You can actually do that for fewer points than your current setup. Specifically, the Kabalite in the Raiders could be switches out for squads of 7 Wyches w/ Haywire grenades and a Hekatrix w/ Phantasmal Grenade Launcher + Agonizer.

Good Hunting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts?   Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Vect list vs Vanilla Marines. Thoughts?
Page 1 of 1