THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn

Go down 
+18
spellcheck2001
punk possum
Crazy_Irish
Omega1907
Plastikente
The_Burning_Eye
Khain mor
Lord_Alino
Dogmar
Jamesy52
BlckRven
Gobsmakked
Evil Space Elves
Cavash
Thor665
Squidmaster
Dragontree
thenick18
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29 2015, 00:12

Nice Hexatrix! I suffer from the same problem, I just love the models so even though they are a bit sub par game wise I feel compelled to have them in my fledgling raiding force.

I'm very intrigued by the concept of wych incubi, look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2015, 03:34

Well here it is, my kit bashed wych-incubi

AH finally got one to post upright.

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 20150519
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20 2015, 12:54

Been some time since my last post, I need to get more into regular updates. I do not have anything new to show just yet, however I'm at a bit of crossroads, my initial 1000 point is painted and I'm not sure where to go next. I apologize, I'm not one to post pics of models getting glued together. I've also had a bit of hiatus with it being summer in all, have not had a game since March, so the inspiration to continue growing my force has been low.

Currently I have, 1 Ravager, 2 Raiders, 10 warriors, 10 wyches, Archon/Succubus, 9 Reaves, and these incubi. My planned expansion is to add; Razorwing, another ravager, 2 more raiders, 5 scourge, more reavers (drool), more troops (wyches and warriors). Currently I have the scourge and another raider in the queue. Any tips on where I can boost my Haywire blaster count?

I'd like to ask the community where I should go, what seems to be viable for this force. I typically run MSU style in raiders to maximize my armor/lances on the table, i.e. 5 man units in raiders. I tend to use raiders because everything in them are geared for anti infantry.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20 2015, 14:45

I think you need to consider Venoms.
Even if not as Transports, as small low cost anti-infantry gunboats they are quite good and can still run as a taxi service to small units.

Love those Incubi though.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20 2015, 17:47

Buy a talos as they are awesome, and use the haywire blasters to convert your scourges (i chopped the splinter cannons in half and glued the HB onto the chassis part)

Also Squidmaster is correct, you need venoms as they are very effective as both a gunboat and a transport (your incubi could ride in one) + the model is gorgeous

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23 2015, 21:18

WIP Scourge. Still debating on the other items, I have ordered enough storm vermin/crypt horrors to convert to a grotesquerie. In the meantime, one set of wings done, tedious but pleased with the overall result. I do plan to add red/brown tips.

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 20150810

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 20150811
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 22:04

Scourge update. I'm having a dilemma, my army is primarily painted in this color scheme, however I'm feeling they look cartoony, or super hero-y. ANy suggestions on how I can tone that down? should I eliminate the red? Or the blue?  

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 20150810
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30 2015, 12:48

Fantastic stuff. Those Incubi are showstoppers, and the WIP Scourge is incredible. BTW I love the way you paint the rim of your bases... I've seen people do something similar a few times and I absolutely love it. Keep up the great work man you've got a very unique army!

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30 2015, 16:58

I envision my kabal/cult to be the crime syndicate in control of a desert planet of smugglers, gangsters, etc. like the Hutts and Tatooine. Someday I'll sit down and write a back story, maybe when I have the whole army complete.
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08 2015, 01:48

And my batwing scourge with haywire blaster. I'm working on kit bashing additional haywires.

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 20150910
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08 2015, 07:53

Beautiful wings Smile

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12 2015, 03:16

Little update, scourge unit looking complete. I do have a few things to do, such as add some red on the bracers.

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 20151010
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10 2015, 03:19

A little update, first grotesque underway, criticism welcome, please I know it needs work.

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 Img_2610

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 Img_2611

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 Img_2612
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 07:58

I love these models man. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 08:53

Impressive work
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11 2016, 02:18

Been slow to update, just welcomed my 2nd true born to the world, so my time to paint have been few and far between.

First Grots, finished up with gore.

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 20151110

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 20151111

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 20151113

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 20151114

Second unit of grots, only one completed. These were made from the Skaven Storm Fiends. I will get a better picture of the model up once I have the unit complete.

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 20160110
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 12:13

Been quite a while since I have posted any new work, 7th edition burnt me out, and the addition of a couple little ones in real life had taken my motivation, but alas, as 8th ed is here, I'd like to share; two fold, one - for criticism and feedback, but two, to help me stay motivated and focused on painting. To start, here are my venoms.

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 Img_3510
PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 Img_3810
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 12:14

Forgeworld Reaper

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 Img_2910
PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 Img_2911
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 12:25

Razorwing - I absolutely love this model. I still have the missiles to paint up and attach. I'm not sure that I will actually ever be "done". Each battle as the razorwing makes a kill, I add a tally just below the cockpit to track, a fun way to grow the lore of my razorwing.

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 Img_3811
PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 Img_3710
PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 Img_3711
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 21:15

Holy cow! That's an interesting take on a Razorwing, I have to say, it's a gorgeous model complimented by a gorgeous paint job.

Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 06:24

Those are really cool. I like the run down, beat up look with the cracked soulstones and chipping. Do you use an airbrush for that transition?

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 10:45

I don't actually have an airbrush yet. I used "rattle" cans on this model. Someday I plan to get one.

To go into a little more detail, primed black, then based with a brown, applied salt with water, then sprayed over the top and painted it. Once I was "done" painting I knocked the salt off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3