THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge

Go down 
+3
spellcheck2001
Thor665
facelessabsalom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge Empty
PostSubject: The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge   The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10 2014, 20:25

Hi all!

First off, welcome to this challenge's humble birth! I plan to run this through the year and give you guys chance to win prizes and recognition!
We gather here to show off masterpieces of our haemonculi's creations from your Kabal, Coven or Cult. The haemonculi with the best creation wins a grand prize!

This challenge will be similar to the Archon's Challenge contest. The difference is, conversion, sculpting, creativity and modelling is what is being valued here. NO PAINTED ENTRIES! We will only focus on the building and assembly of your models,
so take pictures of all WIP and when your entry is done but unpainted. You can paint and show off later on! Primed entries are ok but not required.
I will announce a theme, a character, a unit or a terrain with special requirements. Your job is to make that model! Example on the challenges:

Dark Eldar Night Spider
Vehicle(Walker), fleet, Move through cover
Requirements: Must have exactly 8 legs.

or:

Amalith, Syren of the Bladed Violet.
Requirements: Must have two hydra gauntlets equipped.

or:

Your pimped out Grotesque
Requirements: None, go crazy!

I will provide with fluff, stats, special rules, characteristics, looks and stuff for you to work with when/if needed. Questions about what is allowed or not, PM me or ask in the thread (not this one).
Otherwise, just go crazy or what you feel like.

The Challenge will last approx six months and consists of two rounds. The rounds will last 8 weeks and there will be a four week pause between. At the end of Round 2, a winner will emerge
and a prize will be awarded! The challenge will look like this:

Round 1
1. Announce challenge!
2. Approx 8 weeks of build and paint (ahem I mean strip of paint or prime)
3. All submitted entries will appear in a poll vote. Citizens of the TDC vote for their favourite entry. This is the primary way for the participating haemonculus
to earn points. These points will carry over to Round 2. Polls will be one week long.

Round 2
1. Announce challenge!
2. Approx 8 weeks of build and paint (ahem I mean strip of paint or prime)
3. All submitted entries will appear in a poll vote. Citizens of the TDC vote for their favourite entry. Polls will be one week long.
4. The top three with most points will go on to the finals. Here the jury will decide a winner.
5. The Haemonculus that the jury appoints winner is awarded with a prize!

----------------------------------------------------

Rules:
Rule 1: All work must be your own. We are here to show our stuff and be proud of it. I am going on the honor system here.

Rule 2: To enter the Challenge or current round, post one WIP, your User ID and your entry name or title. You can enter Round 2 even if you haven't participated Round 1.

Rule 3: These threads are not your personal blog or project log. If you want one, please open one up in the Project Logs section, or PM me or say so in your entry post.
I will create one for you. This is for tracking your WIP in the challenge.

Rule 4: Do not comment on anyone else's entry in the Challenge or Round forum. If a comment is posted I will remove it.

Rule 5: Each stage will last approximately 8 weeks and I will set a date. If you don't make the dead-line, you're out!

Rule 6: The finished entry must fit the requirements of the challenge otherwise you lose points as penalty!.
Examples: Character must have a Huskblade.

Rule 7: The finished entry may not be painted! Primed in any color is ok and old paints from bitz are ok. The important thing here is not have an entry that look more appealing because it has a nice paint job.
We're all about your conversion here (BUT! Paint it up and post it in your project logs or Apothic Gallery!)

Rule 8: The finished entry must be a conversion otherwise you lose points as penalty!
Single models like metal Archons or Lelith with only original parts does not count as a conversion.

Rule 9: When voting for entries, using multi accounts or any other suspicious methods to vote is not allowed. The person participating in the contest may not vote for his or her own entry.
In extreme cases of cheating, entries may be disqualified and/or blacklisted.

Rule 10: Have fun! Don't be afraid that your entry might not fit or pass, we want you to share your brilliant conversions or crazy ones! And that might just be the thing that
earns you a prize!

FAQs
Are conversions allowed?
Yes it is! The challenges should and will require you to convert and mix bitz becase the model should not exist. Examples:
Wych torso with scourge legs = OK.
Single model from Raging Heroes Blood Vestal with original weapons = Not OK.
Grotesque made of Rat Ogres and DE bitz = OK.
GW Lelith model with swapped out weapons only = Well, those weapons better be very cool...
GW Lelith model with swapped out weapons only and head = Swapping out head is kinda hard, so ok.
GW Lelith model with self scultped head, two extra arms and swapped new weapons = That's conversion and skills!
Note: You can go with simpler conversions like one or two weapon swaps and maybe extra bitz on. You can still enter. Sometimes, simplicity is all that is needed! Oh and sculpting is  cheers  bounce 

Are none GW models allowed?
Yes they are. Non GW parts or models may be used in the conversions.

What happens if I enter but don't finish in time?
Not much I guess.

What if I already have a finished entry?
Finished entries are acceptable so long as you have a WIPS to go along with it.

Do I have enter every round?
No.

Where can I get inspiration and ideas?
You can check here:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t931-alternative-sources-for-dark-eldar-models
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t521-the-dark-arts-of-fleshcrafting-the-painting-and-modelling-index

And some honorable mentions in project logs section:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6097-harlequin-carnival-la-danse-macabre
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t468-duke-sliscus-and-the-sky-serpents
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t258-speedfreeks-s-harlequinade-macabre
or any of Eye of Error's project logs!
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t1262-is-that-a-dragon-with-freakin-disintegrator-cannons-on-it

Final note: Since this is the first time I run this, if I feel the need to change anything with this contest I will do so for the next round or challenge.

Last edited by facelessabsalom on Fri Jun 27 2014, 20:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge   The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 08:51

A new round is coming! Get ready and keep your eyes open.
There will be some changes to the competition and I'll highlight these.

Be sure to spread the word among our citizens and gangs!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge   The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 18:19

We can handle that.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge   The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 19:31

Awesomesauce Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Ikaraii
Slave
Ikaraii

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge   The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28 2014, 04:15

Ooh, play time!
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge   The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28 2014, 11:38

A small quick update.

The next round will open soon, probably after the List Building Competition by Egorey. I hear there is a bastion to win there  Cool

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge   The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28 2014, 12:23

I'm eagerly routing through my bits box. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge   The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28 2014, 13:48

Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge   The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05 2014, 07:52

Time to defend my title hehehe fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge   The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Haemonculi's Challenge - a conversion and modelling challenge
Page 1 of 1