THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
melkorthetonedeaf
Hellion
melkorthetonedeaf

Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion   Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11 2014, 02:14

I don't have pics of it yet, but I'm working on converting one of the Vypers I got in a trade into a Venom. If it goes well, I'll do the other one too (I highly doubt I'll ever run Vypers). I know that people used to convert models to get Venoms before there was a model for it, so I'm wondering a few things.

First, does any still play their "old style" Venoms (i.e. converted from Vypers) or have you moved on to the newer version?

Second, what's the quickest way you would model an Eldar Vyper to make it recognizable AS a Venom.

Finally, I've seen lots of examples online and they're all radically different. Does it really even matter? If not, I'll just use the standard aesthetic DE principle of "glue some blades on it", and call it a day.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion   Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11 2014, 13:56

I use vyper conversions as venoms for tournaments. i like the look a lot better.

I made them before venoms were available, but they came out ok.

My conversions- I drilled a hole in front and added a ram from a raider sprue, I made the disintegrators into splinter cannons and added "wings" by attatching matching raider sails.  I also used a rudder to give it a uniformed feel with the raiders I no longer ever use.

Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion IMG_20140211_070747_zpsaddf8b00
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
melkorthetonedeaf
Hellion
melkorthetonedeaf

PostSubject: Re: Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion   Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11 2014, 14:02

oh this is perfect! I bought the Venom grates from a bits store and I have extra sails... I think with enough riders and weapons mine will look fine.

I'll post pics when I get more work done!
Back to top Go down
Fidra
Hellion
Fidra

PostSubject: Re: Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion   Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11 2014, 18:30

Looking forward to seeing it Melkor! I'm sure your singing isn't that bad, by the way.  Smile

Skulnbonz, I'd never seen your army before... Your venoms look predatory though! I approve!
Back to top Go down
melkorthetonedeaf
Hellion
melkorthetonedeaf

PostSubject: Re: Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion   Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16 2014, 17:09

The first one is getting an aethersail soon, and I've ordered a few guns to mount under the wings.
album:

Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion Dscn8212

Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion Dscn8211

I feel like they just need guns and a crew to count close enough as Venoms.  I was worried about the sails granting LOS, but I've been told they won't count.
Back to top Go down
melkorthetonedeaf
Hellion
melkorthetonedeaf

PostSubject: Re: Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion   Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16 2014, 17:11

I have an album on imgur /a/Bn59f (since I'm a newb here and can't post links yet).
Back to top Go down
dokclaw
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion   Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25 2014, 04:12

4/5 of my venoms are actually Vypers... Here's 2 of them (and a real one, for comparison)

Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion 5eYl3Xm

Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion H5oIKko

Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion Fidoakv

The extra 'wings' are just plasticard cut from a template made from a raider rudder, then stuck on top of the vyper wings, and the gap is greenstuffed. I could do a better job with the transport compartment, but I think it looks okay...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion   Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with Vyper to Venom Conversion
Page 1 of 1