THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cronos & Void Raven easy questions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

Cronos & Void Raven easy questions Empty
PostSubject: Cronos & Void Raven easy questions   Cronos & Void Raven easy questions I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27 2011, 23:53

I can't find my codex to check "exact" wording but here are my 2 easy questions:

1. When a Cronos miraculously destroys a unit in close combat (not with a siphon) and he gains a token, does it have to keep that token or can he farm it out?

2. The void mine, if it scatters d6 do you get to subtract the pilots BS from it?

For the life of me these answers escape me.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Cronos & Void Raven easy questions   Cronos & Void Raven easy questions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2011, 00:33

How would it be possible for the chronos to make a kill without the syphon?

I would say no. But I have nothing to back that up.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Cronos & Void Raven easy questions   Cronos & Void Raven easy questions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2011, 02:09

1) Well, You can "kill" enemy units in several ways that not include shooting/beating crap out of it. Like with Fearless wounds. Or blowing up transports. IMHO if it NOT use SS, then You use normal Power from Pain rules. You see, "pain economy" is done only with SS, SV and SP since they have special rule. It's not Chronos rule, but wargear that it may or may not use. That's different pair of shoes.

Similar kind of situation was FAQ'ed.

Q: If a unit with the Power from Pain special rule destroys
an enemy unit, does it gain a pain token no matter how the
unit was destroyed? For example the resultant explosion
from shooting at a vehicle wipes out an enemy unit. (p25)
A: Yes.

So IMHO only Chronos gain that Pain Token and use normal Pain rules to aquire it.

2) Nope. Same as Orky Bigbomm and similar to Blood Angels DoA (don't know if there are more d6 Scatters). Always scatter d6.
Let's call it "special scatter", ok? That's my fuzzy fetish to name things that may be confused. afro
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Cronos & Void Raven easy questions   Cronos & Void Raven easy questions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2011, 12:10

Grumpy Kwi wrote:

I can't find my codex to check "exact" wording but here are my 2 easy questions:

1. When a Cronos miraculously destroys a unit in close combat (not with a siphon) and he gains a token, does it have to keep that token or can he farm it out?
"If a spirit syphon kills one or more enemy models, choose one of your units within 12" of the Cronos (this can be the Cronos itself). That unit immediately gains a pain token." (DE_C p.41)

"If a spirit vortex kills one or more enemy models, choose one of your units within 12" of the Cronos (this can be the Cronos itself). That unit immediately gains a pain token." (DE_C p.41)

But:
"If a Cronos with a spirit probe kills one or more enemy models during the As.sault phase, choose one of your units within 12" of the Cronos at the end of that phase (this can be the Cronos itself). That unit immediately gains a pain token." (DE_C p.41)

So the spirit probe can be used only once at the end of the As.sault phase, regardless of how many models the Cronos killed, and how (close combat, no retreat or sweeping advance).

But²:
This doesn't override the Power from Pain special rule.
"...Whenever a Dark Eldar unit with this rule destroys a non vehicle enemy unit, it immediately gains a 'pain token'. (...) Note that pain tokens can be gained by other means - ..."
A Cronos can choose units that gain pain tokens, when it destroyes one or more model, but if it destroys a whole unit it immediately gains a pain toke itself, by normal use of Power from Pain.

Grumpy Kwi wrote:

2. The void mine, if it scatters d6 do you get to subtract the pilots BS from it?

For the life of me these answers escape me.
"...it may place a small centred upon any one model it has passed over that turn and roll a scatter dice. If an arrow is roled move the template D6" in that direction..." (DE_C p.47)

The Void mine never 'scatters' but is merely moved, so the normal scatter rules don't apply and the pilot's BS is not reduced.

P.S.:
Blocking curse words is fine, but a Warhamer 40k forum where someone can't write As.sault phase, without having it changed to butt phase seams over the top.

Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Cronos & Void Raven easy questions   Cronos & Void Raven easy questions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2011, 14:44

Thank you guys for helping me out.

Void Raven - I thought all this time it got reduced by BS, now I know it doesn't!

Now, my apologies for the Cronos question as I got "syphon" and "probe" mixed up.

I am talking strickly close combat here so the syphon is not used, my bad for mentioning it.

The probe however is an upgrade, its the one that works in cc but I do not always take that upgrade so for this question, there is no spirit probe - so the cronos is fighting in close combat but no upgrades.

Now on to the question:

When the Cronos finally gets to kill the last member of an enemy unit and is awarded the pain token, can it choose to give that token to someone else 12" away?

Or, because it is not a vortex or syphon or a probe kill it has to keep it?

Ah! I found my codex that has been missing for a week!

So to answer my own question:

No, the Cronos will have to keep the pain token. Only those 3 upgrades allow it to send a token off so if the Cronos earns a pain token in close combat without the probe then it has to keep it.

Believe it or not I have played this wrong, I remember killing off a small combatted marine squad in close combat and mistakenly sending the token off (with no probe) to a squad of mandrakes - my bad!

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cronos & Void Raven easy questions   Cronos & Void Raven easy questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cronos & Void Raven easy questions
Page 1 of 1