THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

World Eaters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

World Eaters Empty
PostSubject: World Eaters   World Eaters I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28 2014, 15:03

I've just put an offer in on ebay for the Chaos codex, essentially so I can start a World Eaters army in the future (I spent an entire day reading up on Kharn, then had a dream where I was just laughing and swinging an axe about, so took it as a sign). My list is fairly standard - Kharn, 3 squads of eight Berzerkers with chain axes and twin lightning claw champions, five Raptors with all the melta they can take, a Heldrake, a Rhino and two Land Raiders. I am not looking for critique on the list here, I am well aware that it is far from being the most competitive build, and that lightning claws are not necessarily the best choice in every situation. But I like the look of it - I've always had a soft spot for lightning claws, and the idea of cutting and reposing a berzerker champion to get that "Wolverine" look really appeals to me. Plus I'll have five spare pairs when I don't use them for Warp Talons, so it's a win all round. Also, I actually really like the Heldrake, and am actually disappointed not to have shared a table with one yet.

My problem with this project is one of personal taste. I love the idea of Khorne Berzerkers, but I do not love the models. They look dated and not particularly threatening. I want to stick within the GW and Forge World range as much as possible for conversions, but what, in your learned opinions, would be the best modelling option for this murderous lot? I can take the (pretty good value) Berzerkers kit and mix it up with FW shoulder pads and axes. Or I could use the World Eaters conversion kit on regular Chaos Marines, which lack the dynamism of the Berzerkers but don't look like they fell out of a Kinder egg. To that end, how easy would they be to repose in a more aggressive stance if I felt the need, ie running? And is brass etch a good option (never having used it before myself)?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! I have dabbled in conversions and scratch builds before (otherwise known as being an ork player), but this is the first time that the bulk of the army will be converted in some way, so it's a little daunting  Shocked 

And before anyone suggests, yes, I am already ogling the shiny new Kharn model Forge World have come out with!

Archon
Thor665

World Eaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Eaters   World Eaters I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28 2014, 15:50

If you don't like the current Beserkers I would tend to think FW World Eaters + Chaos bitz would be able to do quite well for you -there are even running legs for the Eaters as I recall.

Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

World Eaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Eaters   World Eaters I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28 2014, 16:21

I haven't been able to find any running legs so far (though the Red Butchers look like they're really shifting for Terminators!) but I'll keep looking. The World Eaters conversion kit and chain axes will probably be the best way to go I suspect, thanks for the reply!

World Eaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Eaters   World Eaters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Eaters
Page 1 of 1