THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dealing w/ new World Eaters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Dealing w/ new World Eaters Empty
PostSubject: Dealing w/ new World Eaters   Dealing w/ new World Eaters I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2023, 15:59

So, here's Goonhammer's review of the new WE dex:
https://www.goonhammer.com/codex-world-eaters-9th-edition-the-goonhammer-review/

It looks very scary and singleminded in purpose, as one would expect from World Eaters. although with very limited unit options.

How do we deal with them? Our shooting isn't good enough to hold them back, and I don't think that our melee can match up, either. So what do we do?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dealing w/ new World Eaters   Dealing w/ new World Eaters I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2023, 18:55

Our shooting is still better than theirs, so I suspect that the answer is using maneuverability for objectives and to try to force the assaults we want while using shooting to generally weaken them.

The real question is what they'll do to the general meta, I am not sure they'll shake the new Termie situation much so am mostly planning to still be thinking about that before World Eaters in specific.

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Dealing w/ new World Eaters   Dealing w/ new World Eaters I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2023, 22:54

Just theorycrafting here, obviously, but my instinct would be using range to whittle and/or remove their key units (Daemon Princes, anything that can shoot etc.) and whittle their other units, and then Incubi, Grotesques, Hellions and such to finish them off.

We definitely can't beat them in melee in a fair fight, so our aim has to be to ensure that fights are never fair. Wink

Something interesting to note is that (as far as I can see) they have very little in the way of 'fight first' mechanics. Thus, any melee units that can strike first in their turn (Archon with Ancient Evil, Incubi, Cult of Strife etc.) could make things quite awkward for them - especially given their lack of shooting. Cursed Blade could also be interesting with their mortal wounds ability.

We'll have to be careful with transports because WE have a lot of bonuses to movement and charge distance - and the last thing we want is for a transport to be surrounded and destroyed, likely auto-killing the unit inside.

Their blood-fuelled abilities (seriously, why is it that every other army can have active abilities based around killing models but it's impossible for us to have anything but the Table of Boredom? scratch ) don't seem hugely concerning, as most of them are just 'kill more', and I suspect that they'll blend most of our units regardless.

The only one that really concerns me is the one that auto-revives Angron with half his wounds remaining. Seems a bit stupid, given how inexpensive it is.

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Dealing w/ new World Eaters   Dealing w/ new World Eaters I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2023, 13:41

Soulless Samurai wrote:

The only one that really concerns me is the one that auto-revives Angron with half his wounds remaining. Seems a bit stupid, given how inexpensive it is.

It makes the choice on whether to initially ignore him or not pretty difficult. It seems that he's going to be more difficult to ignore than some of the other set-piece models. Though, if you kill him too early in the game, he will likely just come back. Then again, you might want your opponent dropping the Blood Tithe points to do that over some of the other things they can spend it on (including a secondary objective where they can basically just turn BTP into victory points).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealing w/ new World Eaters   Dealing w/ new World Eaters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dealing w/ new World Eaters
Page 1 of 1