THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tropheus
Hellion

500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6 Empty
PostSubject: 500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6   500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2011, 02:41

Scenario was Establish a Forward base. Massive points for winning and getting into the enemy deployment zone plus a bunch of other bonus things involving the most expensive units.
I fielded my tiny list consisting of
10 Warriors with blaster, SC, syberite with agonizer, raider w DL and chain snares
4 trueborn with shredders with a Venom with the SC upgrade
Razorwing with cannon upgrade

First opponent was BA. He had a chaplain, 5 deathco with jumpacks,
A speeder with butt cannon and HB
Razorback with TL LCs(he was new, we played it but I let him know it was illegal)

I got first turn Sad so I put everything in reserve(its a habit). He put his stuff on and turboed the speeder across the table and bounced the DC forward and didnt run them into cover with his whopping 1" run move.
Turn Two: Everything comes on off reserve. I line the RW and the trueborn up and dismount close enough for them to fire. The Warriors zoom up the side, and dismount near the speeder. I fire the RW volley and kill all the DC except the chappie. The Venom and Trueborn kill off the chappie. The warriors and their raider wiff on shooting the speeder. It counters and shoots up the warrior squad who make their leadership. The RB shoots a disruptor off the RW.
Turn Three: I move stuff up to the speeder. The warrior squad re boards their raider and heads towards the enemy deployment zone. We take out the speeder in a flurry of mid strength shots. The RB shakes the RW.
Turn Four: I advance on the RB with the trueborn. The raider enters his deployment zone. The raider pops the RB LC off. The trueborn stun the RB and we call it.
I win 28 points to 3.
Game 2: Same scenario, this time against someone with similar score in the last game.
He fielded 2 x3 warriors armed for CC
6 genestealers
10 Termigants
2 Hive guard
Biovore

I give him first turn and (surprise) put everything in reserve, normally I wouldnt have but I thought he had more effective long range weapons on the HGs and since he had first turn I didnt want my alpha strike delayed. He simply moves forward and is fairly clumped up.
Turn 2: We somehow skipped to my turn now that I think of it, oh well. The RW and the warriors come on. I line up shots on the warriors with the warriors. My RW opens up on the genestealers in the center of his line. End up after all the shots finish killing the genestealers, the termies, two warriors and inflicting 2 wounds on the other warrior squad.
Turn 3: He moves up and charges the lone warrior into the warrior squad. The syberite hits first with his agonizer and kills the warrior Smile. I fire up the warrior squad with my RW and kill one and injure another. Turn 4: The moves into some trees in the center. The Hive guard finally kill the RW. My venom comes on and moves close enough for the trueborn to fire on the warriors in the woods. The Venom kills a hive guard and wounds the other one. The Trueborn kill a warrior and wound the other. My warriors board the raider and move 12" towards his deployment zone.
Turn 5: He charges the trueborn with his warrior. Shoots and immobilizes the raider. Biovores and kills one of the trueborn. charges with his warrior and kills two more after I hit him for another wound. I dismount the raider and move towards his table edge and run 2" getting one guy in his deployment zone. My venom hops the woods and shoots the biovore killing it. My trueborn dies.
Turn 6: He moves his warrior through the woods and ends up charging and destroying the raider. His Hive guard kill the Venom. My remaining unit, the warrior squad shoot and kills the warrior.
Turn 7: He shoots my warriors killing 2. I return fire killing the hive guard.
End score: 28 to 3
We somehow lost track of turns now that I turn by turn it on screen heheh. It was fun but he thinks my razorwing is too overpowered for combat patrol. Oh well, I agree its nasty but easily killed on a small board. Overall, great start to the league. Considering dropping the Trueborn and replacing them with a 5 man squad with a blaster for more AT. Thus far the shredders really havent done anything poisoned shots cant do. I destroyed the nid horde before the TB even came on the board.
Back to top Go down
Tropheus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6   500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 13:13

Game 3:
Playing against my friend who is the current head of the league(I should be number 2) even with the next couple games. He knows my list so i decided to vary things up and throw him a curveball. Gambit failed.
My list
2 warrior squads x5 with a raider and blaster
trueborn x4 with 4 shredders and a Venom with SC
Ravager with dissies

His(IG)
2 vet squads with 2 plasma each in chimeras
platoon with 2 squads and 3 missile launchers(hq, and 2 squad ones).

We had the board with two woods in the middle of both of my corners, some ruins in the center of each of the side halves and a large woods in the center of his deployment zone and a large woods on my right side of his deployment zone.

I gave him first turn.
Turn One: He moved his two chimera squads forward on either side of the board. His blob stayed in place.
I was in reserve.
Turn Two: He moved up a little further.
I got a warrior squad and trueborn in. Venom moved behind terrain and still had shots on his blob. My warrior raider moved up my left side, dismounted into the woods there on an objective. Opened fire, raider and blaster fired at close chimera stunning it. Venom killed two guys in far woods.
Turn Three: He didnt move much except for the right chimera to get shots off on the Venom. He fired and the Venom goes does and two trueborn survive and are pinned. The blob fires at the raider and either misses or I make my cover save. One warrior goes down to the guys inside the left chimera.
I get my Ravager and other warrior squad in and they come up the right side. The warrior raider moves up 12 and dismounts into the woods on the other objective. The raider shoots the side of the chimera there, destroys it and the squad gets out on the far side of it. The warriors have no shot. The ravager can at least see a couple guys and kills three. He fails leadership and runs back into the large terrain in the corner.
Turn Four: Rallies the running squad and spreads out into the cover. He shakes my left side raider and kills another left side warrior with his missiles.
I race my shaken raider back and put my other raider to line up shots on the left chimera. My trueborn push into the woods and are going to try and get some shots on the left chimera. Ravager pushes forward. My shooting is dismal. A blaster and dark lance do not do anything to the chimera. I do kill a couple guys in the right side vet squad.
Turn Five: He moved his chimera around to face the front armor towards the right side of the board. He moves his squad on the right side further back into terrain. His shooting wipes out the left side warrior squad.
I move both raiders behind the right side ruins and line up shots. My trueborn have beautiful side shots on the chimera, except there is a tiny sliver of terrain I missed that happens to be an inch thick at an odd angle. Ravager moves farther forward. Both raiders miss the chimera. My true born hit and pen with both shots, and he makes cover saves from both.
Turn Six: He moves the chimera into cover. Runs the vet squad to the back corner objective. He shoots and wipes out the trueborn with the guys in the chimera. He destroys the back raider with the chimera.
By destroying the rearward raider I am left to do some turbo boosting from guys who are iffy. Before the front raider was going to boost to the corner objective to contest and the rear one was going to do the same with the leftside woods one. Well now I have to turbo the ravager to the far corner and come up 1" short of where I need to be. The raider makes it to the woods and contests that one.
Game was a loss by one inch. This game actually decided first and second place in the standings and even losing 26ish points to 4 I am still only 6 points behind him in the standings after my next game. coming soon.
Back to top Go down
Tropheus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6   500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 13:56

Game Three:(computer restarted and I didnt want to continue in an edit)
Vs Necrons
This game really isnt worth posting about. He had a 14 man warrior squad and 6 Wraiths. I had my shredderborn, a 10 man warrior squad in a raider, and a Razorwing with splinter cannon. He moved forward and captured an objective with his warriors. I got my reserves, brought them in on the far corner, killed a wraith. He pushed his wraiths towards my trueborn and warriors, we dismounted and rapid fired. One squad was vaporized, the other reduced by one guy. My razorwing made an appearance and nuked the warrior squad in cover killing 7 of the 14 permanently. He ineffectually shot and did nothing. The Wraiths assaulted the warriors, killed two and got nothing in return, warriors held. Raider and Venom pushed forward and everyone opened fire on the necron warriors and the entire squad went down. He said they would have phased out at that point since only 2 of his models were standing. I claim a win but since the game was so fast, we chose to ignore that and only count actually dead guys and keep playing. His shooting was once again useless. Wraiths kill a couple more warriors who do nothing in return but hold. My shooting makes the warriors run. They run and end up on top of a hill in plain view of everyone. He breaks my warrior squad and wipes them out. I shoot the remaining warriors with disintegrators.
I made some mistakes. Seeing as he had no realistic weapons that could hurt me at range I should have simply started everything on the board and nuked him turn one rather than waiting for reserves. Oh well. I get a full 30 points on this one.

Game 5: vs Tau
Really weird scenario. We have three missions to pick from and each player can pick a different mission the different deployment areas it goes with. I picked Assassination. He picked one where he had to get a scoring unit in my deployment zone. Both players are unaware of the other's mission and even deployment zone.
I fielded a unit I had never fielded before, Reaver Jetbikes. Still trying to figure them out, better hurry since I will have 18 of them at ard boyz this weekend.
2 warrior squads with blasters, one in a raider, one in a SC upgraded Venom.
Razorwing with dissies and SC and FF
Reaver Jetbikes x3 with a heatlance.

Tau
3xcrisis suit squad with varied weapons and 2 gun drones. All have missile pods
2 crisis suits with missile pods.
6 xFW and a pimped out warfish(my objective)
10 Kroot

Terrain was fairly heavy. Woods in my leftside corner, ruins in the center, woods on far right near halfway line. Another big woods in center on other side of halfway line, and woods on far side in the right corner.
He deployed the kroot in the right side woods on my half the board(except my left corner was the deployment zone.)
Turn one: He moved things around. His bigger crisis teams ended up lined up behind the center woods.
Turn Two: he moved around again.
I get the Venom and the jetbikes on. Never having used the jetbikes i am anxious to try the bladevanes out and zoom across the board over the 3 man crisis unit and actually get a wound after armor saves. My venom adds another wound to a different crisis suit.
Turn Three: He shuffles around and shoots the reavers with the warfish and the 2 man crisis team, killing two leaving the heatlance who failed moral and ran 7 inches. He also shoots down the Venom whose guys get out and do nothing the rest of the game as aside from the cover next to them they have no concealment anywhere forward.
My RW and raider come in. RW comes on and thinking he has the Assassination mission as well I keep it back. RJB move 5 inches back lol. Raider hugs the right side of the board and moves up 12". I nuke the 3 man crisis with the RW and kill all but one crisis suit who is standing in the open next to the RJB who kills him with his heat lance as he runs.
Turn Four: He shuffles things around again and comes forward with his warfish and 2 crisis and shoots the RBJ with his crisis and is out of range when he tries to shoot the Raider.
I move my RW around to the right. My raider i push right as well. It opens fire on the warfish and doesnt do anything. The RW gets alot of hits and wounds on the kroot who go to ground in the woods, i kill one.
Turn Five: He comes forward again and shoots the raider with his crisis team and hits 4 times, he rolls 2s to penetrate and fails with every one. I think the warfish fired at the RW and the only hit that did anything I FF'd it.
I come farther forward and disembark. The RW comes around and tries to shoot the crisis suits cowering behind the warfish. 4 disintegrators and a splinter cannon wound later, no wounds inflicted since he has a cover save from the fish. The raider and warrior blaster shoot the fish and fail.
The judge calls dice down at this point. Game ends in a draw as I hadnt killed his unit and his kroot were not in my deployment zone. I end up with 8 points as i got a bonus +2 for killing his commander.

It was a fun game, my opponent was my team mate for a tourney a few months ago so we knew how each other played and how our dice typically failed to work when around each other. This game was no exception.
Back to top Go down
Tropheus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6   500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 14:29

Game 6 vs Emperor's Children
Great a shooty army wearing armor vs a shooty army wearing spandex. I wasnt really into the game and my playing reflects this as I made numerous mistakes throughout. I did try some different tactics with my jetbikes and actually started with units on the board(I know right? Crazy)
I had the same list as my last one. He had 2 5 man noise marine squads with full blast weaponry and a 6 or seven man squad with a sgt with doom siren.

We both pick assassinate although he didnt tell me, I just overheard him talking to the guy at the next table.
He deploys in his corner with a 5 man squad on top of a building a squad near the front and the big squad near the backside edge. I deploy with my Venom and jetbikes behind a building out of sight.
Turn One: He moves around in the building.
I bounce out, shoot with my two splinter rifles on the jetbikes(I assume they are relentless like marine bikes) and kill a moise marine they jump back behind cover. My Venom turbos behind a building across the board and stays out of sight.
Turn Two: He moves his big squad towards my Venom squad.
I get no reserves. Jet bikes jump out and miss and jump back. My Venom moves to the top of the building, disembarks and gets immobilized, at least its in cover, literally this time. My warriors shoot and kill a single Noise marine in the big squad, even with rapid fire and a blaster.
Turn Three: Sgt squad moves forward and doom sirens the two guys on the bottom, the template couldnt reach the top one and kills the two guys there, he then rapid fires the rest killing them.
I get my raider in and it scoots behind a building and fires a dark lance at the sgt squad missing. The Venom fires and does nothing. Jetbikes fire and do nothing.
Turn Four: He moves his sgt squad out of line of sight of the Venom although still in the open. The other squad on the ground comes out as well. He shoots at the Venom with the top squad who makes a cover save.
I do not get my RW again and my my raider forward and disembark rapid firing the squad at the sgt squad killing 2. My RJBs turbo across them killing one. My lance kills another one and the squad is left with three guys. Venom kills nothing with 12 shots.
Turn Five: He moves forward again, doom sirens and kills the entire warrior squad(Doh! forgot the siren). He shoots the RJBs with the top squad killing two and the remaining one is pinned. Fails to hurt the Raider.
I finally get the RW in. I save my missiles and the splinter cannon and disintegrator wipes the sgt squad. Raider shoots and kills one of the guys in the open.
Turn Six: He manages to stun the RW with rapid fire. Thats it.
I move my raider to block line of sight to the close squad. My venom shoots and kills all 4 guys on the top(luck). Raider doesnt hurt anything.
Turn Seven:(we lost track of turns) He shoots and does nothing to the Raider. My RW moves over and fires a full salvo at the last 4 guys killing all of them.

I ended up with 22 points from this scenario. I should have held guys back, he could have eaten me on KP if he would have rolled better. The RW coming in so late hurt bad but I didnt have a choice this time as there was no cover big enough for it early in the game from two blastmaster squads and knowinig he was playing assassinate, it was my most expensive unit.

I should still be 2nd or 3rd but number one is about 30 points ahead of the pack. I roughly tied with the guy in 3rd place as he got a draw/win as well, and 4th place(the 6th game guy) lost twice taking him out of the running as well.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: 500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6   500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 18:23

Love combat patrols so thx for posting.

How you would describe shredderborns in action?? I thinking about using them when I have second venom.

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Tropheus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6   500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 18:41

To be honest, at 500 points I prefer the extra squad of warriors. The 12" range really hurts shredderborn. Played 3 games with and 3 without and I havent missed not having them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6   500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500 Combat Patrol league vs BA and Nids and parts, 3,4,5,6
Page 1 of 1