THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

starting all over again after 6 years

Go down 
+3
facelessabsalom
Cavash
warlock
7 posters
AuthorMessage
warlock
Slave

starting all over again after 6 years Empty
PostSubject: starting all over again after 6 years   starting all over again after 6 years I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08 2014, 23:55

so,

after 6 years i'm making a return to the hobby and chose to go DE.
always played green tsunami in the past..
i have a few ideas in mind for this kabal of mine..

my kabal subridere malum

you guy's have a few pointers for me?
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: starting all over again after 6 years   starting all over again after 6 years I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17 2014, 18:09

Welcome back to 40k, Warlock.

It's great that you've decided to come to the Dark Eldar, inheritors of the galaxy and cruel masters over the cattle races. What would you like help with? Working on Kabal fluff or tactics and army lists? Whichever one, the members here will be sure to help you. Smile

Enjoy your stay in Commorragh!

starting all over again after 6 years YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: starting all over again after 6 years   starting all over again after 6 years I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17 2014, 23:41

Welcome!

Indeed we will help you, as long as we benefit from it as well hehe. Now, if you ever need advice on painting up a green or perhaps purple army, have a look in the project logs. You'll find plenty of inspiration and perhaps you'll help contribute to our fine collection!

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: starting all over again after 6 years   starting all over again after 6 years I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18 2014, 19:42

Hey welcome. I found the codex/unit overview by plastikente in the tactics section invaluable when I first started out. He has some cracking insights into using the DE and all the units and their synergy on the tabletop. Also mushkilla has some great battle reports you should read. Also some great stuff in the project logs and painting and modelling section. I started DE primarily because I love the models and was itching to paint and convert them.

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
jdfolkerts
Slave

PostSubject: Re: starting all over again after 6 years   starting all over again after 6 years I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18 2014, 19:55

Hello there fellow Archon. These suggestions are all to be regarded with high esteem. I have found that as Cavash expertly pointed out the cattle races will often fall for traps. Make sure you set your trap and wait. I have found waiting a turn or 2 out of sight will cause these cattle to split up. Once they have fallen for your trap snap it closed.

Be patient and make sure to learn the 6th edition rules. There are a lot of things you can take advantage of that most people ignore. So many of our opponents rely on the basics it is easy to exploit rules such as obscure for vehicles (+1 cover save) Keep up with Night Fighting, Combat Drugs and Pain Tokens. All of this Often gets forgotten but can add up very quickly. Just a few thoughts.

If you are ever in my part of Commorragh (Memphis TN drop by World of Battle for a game) you are welcome at my table. I will host a banquet in your honor. Please bring your own food and drink tasters.
Back to top Go down
Snorri
Hellion
Snorri

PostSubject: Re: starting all over again after 6 years   starting all over again after 6 years I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22 2014, 06:19

Welcome m8

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: starting all over again after 6 years   starting all over again after 6 years I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22 2014, 14:17

I would start here: Pages of Pain: Strategies and Tactics
There are enough linked tactics and unit breakdowns (Including Palstikente's fantastic unit guide) to keep you busy for days on in.

Glad to have you here! Watch your back.......  Razz 

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: starting all over again after 6 years   starting all over again after 6 years I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

starting all over again after 6 years
Page 1 of 1