THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My Legion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nullus
Hellion

My Legion Empty
PostSubject: My Legion   My Legion I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12 2014, 14:04

So this is currently my main distraction, wargaming wise, from my dark eldar and has been for a while. I thought I'd share this project as it will hopefully push me to finish painting what I've got for them so far.

I started Hordes as a way to play a different game system but still with my current gaming group (as a lot of them already played warmahordes at the time it was the obvious decision) and after a long time debating which army to do I decided to pick up some legion models.

I started with the legion stuff from the started set and expanded a little to begin with, mainly a different caster.

My Legion SAM_1760_zps3587dcfd

My rather WIP p thags, because hey, dragons and ogres are both cool so an ogre with a dragon spirit in him must be awesome.

My Legion SAM_1754_zpsef5d9755
My Legion SAM_1748_zps42f39183
My Legion SAM_1756_zpse6b1d3ad
My Legion SAM_1751_zpse836b37d

I've got the unit attachment for the warspears and the striders painted up as well as a shepard but no pictures of them yet.

There is still a lot more I need to paint and buy for this army but as with all my painting, progress is slow.

The majority of the work is the bases for the models. All of which are made with cork.
My Legion SAM_1762_zps93e1a9ce
My Legion SAM_1763_zps46d44f8e

Comments and criticisms are always welcome and thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

My Legion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Legion   My Legion I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12 2014, 18:59

Looking very good so far, although I have no clue about WarmaHordes whatsoever Very Happy

I especially like the big beasts, you've got a nice skin tone for them.

One question about the guys with the spears, are they on 40mm bases? If so they'd make great grotesque conversions. I think our Eye of Error has done this. Can you post me a link to the unit box so I can look into buying one (I know there is a small version of them that comes on 25mm bases, I don't want the wrong one obviously).
Back to top Go down
Nullus
Hellion

My Legion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Legion   My Legion I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12 2014, 19:16

Thank you very much.

Its a relatively simple game to pick up that relies heavily on unit interaction and the order in which you activate each unit in a turn (which unit you use first and so on).

They are on 40mm bases yes. I've seen a few conversions using them all of which look pretty cool.

http://privateerpress.com/hordes/gallery/legion-of-everblight/units/blighted-ogrun-warspears

There's a link to the company site. You may be able to find them cheaper elsewhere and they are often sold on ebay as well.

Hope that helps and I look forward to seeing any conversions you do using them.
Back to top Go down
Nullus
Hellion

My Legion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Legion   My Legion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13 2014, 22:39

I have to say there aren't many models made by privateer press (the company that produce WarmhaHordes) that I'm a massive fan of but the archangel is just one those models that I had to throw my money at.

I've been working very slowly on the building and cleaning of it for the past few weeks and managed to get it finished and ready for undercoating yesterday.

My Legion SAM_1746_zps7ffab3ce

The warrior is shown for size comparison as this model is just HUGE! I highly recommend the PP line of gargantuan models to anyone looking for a big monster project as they are awesome. The sculpts aren't as good as GW sculpts and there is quite a lot of work to be done on the models so it isn't a project to take on thinking it will be a quick fix but I think it is definitely worth it.

My Legion SAM_1745_zps818c25dc

The wings are pinned in place as there is no easy way to carry a model that size so it is much easier without the wings in place.

My Legion SAM_1737_zps928262b3
My Legion SAM_1742_zps9c54779e

The base is also separate but that's mainly for painting purposes as the bases and models are primed differently.

My Legion SAM_1740_zps9a69c438

I'll try and upload some WIP pictures soon as I have managed to slap a couple of layers of paint on it already.

Hope you enjoyed this and as always comments and criticisms are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Legion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Legion   My Legion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Legion
Page 1 of 1