THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dreadball team

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Dreadball team Empty
PostSubject: Dreadball team   Dreadball team I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13 2014, 20:58

Hey guys n gals. Been playing alot of dreadball recently (which is a great game and very fun to play) and wanted to get a team painted to a tabletop standard for use. I chose the chromium chargers as I like robots and they remind me of the film the iron giant a little. I went with a rusty scheme using the new gw technical paints, with colour markings for the different type of player - red for jacks, blue for strikers and purple for guards. I tried my hand at a bit of osl for the power globes and eyes (with mixed success, went a little overboard I think). Anyways overall pretty happy with them and they were very quick and fun to paint, which makes a nice change to the intense painting I subject myself to for my DE carnival.

Dreadball team 08CAD61A-188B-4878-A655-8CB8DF627BF9_zps32np4jjb

Dreadball team 87A2309B-5C32-4831-9837-D1689AD653E8_zpsvvftmmfm

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

Dreadball team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreadball team   Dreadball team I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13 2014, 21:20

I am pretty sure I ought to get into Dreadball! How should I start? Kick-off, or the proper full set? Liking the Void Sirens...!
Your Necron footballers look great, although I agree the OSL is a little strong; perhaps an extreme highlight round the edge of each orb in a lighter green could draw the eye to it, balancing the light spill?
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Dreadball team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreadball team   Dreadball team I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13 2014, 21:41

Thanks commandersasha. I will try as you suggest to tone down the osl. It is the first time I have tried to paint it so did not know when too much was too much I suppose. Oh well will know for next time Smile. I really can recommend getting into dreadball. I am having a great time playing it and it is refreshing to get a break from 40k sometimes (also recommend x wing - tons of fun). I started with the kickoff and this is perfectly fine as a starter set. It does not however include the ref bot and associated cards or the full version of the rules, so if you can afford it I would go for the full version so you don't need to splash out on them later (you can buy ref bot & cards as a separate pack later if needed). I played against the void sirens on friday and they are a fun team to play against. All teams have various quirks and limitations so sometimes I just go with what models I like as a team is not too expensive to buy. One note of caution though is that mantic use a product call restic, which is a mix of plastic and resin, to cast their miniatures and it is a bit annoying to work with if you are used to the quality stuff gw knocks out. Also mould lines are a bit of a bugger on mantic's sculpts, but as long as you don't mind a bit of clean up they are fine.

Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

Dreadball team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreadball team   Dreadball team I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13 2014, 23:02

I'm a big X-Wing fan already, it's a great game!
I've experienced restic before, it's not great; would it be practical to use a Dreadball starter set but use other minis, on the Dreadball bases? There are so many great mini manufacturers, I love proxy armies/teams.
I have 3,500pts of Skaven-counts-as-Tyranids, and my DE army will be largely Raging Heroes figures.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Dreadball team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreadball team   Dreadball team I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14 2014, 07:33

Yes it can be done and as long as you are not playing in any tourneys why not Smile. Bear it mind though that the bases attached to minis for mantic's figures are smaller than other miniature games I have come across, but it will be no probs to glue other minis onto thier seperate hex bases. Another thought though, the starter set does not come with any clear hex bases, only the ones the minis are mounted on. The full version comes with hex bases or mantic sells them for about £2 per 20 I think. The restic figures are not bad by any means, and once painted are fine, it is just the model prep faze that is a little frustrating.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dreadball team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreadball team   Dreadball team I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreadball team
Page 1 of 1