THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars!

Go down 
+2
Squidmaster
Pertruabo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pertruabo
Slave

New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars! Empty
PostSubject: New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars!   New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2014, 11:55

Hello!
New guy here,I'm drawn to Dark Eldar lately and I'm planning to expand my 40k collection with Dark Eldars,currently I'm playing Eldars and I know quite about the fluff and background of both of these guys! So after flipping the Dark Eldar codex,I got interested in playing a haemonculus army,cause I like to play themed army like my Iyanden Eldars.For starting Dark Eldars what units or model do you recommend?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars!   New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2014, 13:47

Generic Dark Eldar, you'd be looking at starting off with an Archon and some Warriors, perhaps some Wyches.

If its a Haemonculus Coven you're looking at, your HQ will either be a bulk of Haemonculi, or possibly Urien Rakarth. Your main Troops choices though will be Wracks. From there you'll need to bulk out with Grotesques and Pain Engines (Talos and Chronos).

Either way, a vital part of any Dark Eldar army is its speed, so you'll need Raiders too.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Archon-Hidicul
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars!   New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2014, 15:14

Scourges can be a great addition to coven armies, normally cannons on them so they can always be moving and shooting to help get the rest of the army into combat. You liise a big chunk of your shooting phase with a themed coven. Also a ravager might help out.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars!   New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2014, 15:20

If you like Grotesques, take Urien Rakarth in any list big enough to allow it points wise. That extra S comes in handy.
Liquifier guns are... occasionally infuriating, but usually great against large armies of weak dudes, like IG or hordey Tyranids. I've even torn through squads of Plague Marines with them before. Highly recommend.
Above all, make sure you can go fast. Gotta go fast. That means hella Raiders.
Also, people rip on Scourges, but I like them for a coven theme. You can make them look super twisted and weird, and a squad full of spinter cannon and shardcarbine makes light work of monsters and gets around pretty swiftly too.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Nullus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars!   New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2014, 20:03

I'd start small if you want to do a coven army. Something like a heam as your HQ. 2 engines, 3 units of wracks in transports and a unit of grots in a boat for a rough 1k list. Play around a bit with small lists then expand from there.

MFive
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars!   New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26 2014, 22:34

Pertruabo wrote:
Hello!
New guy here,I'm drawn to Dark Eldar lately and I'm planning to expand my 40k collection with Dark Eldars,currently I'm playing Eldars and I know quite about the fluff and background of both of these guys! So after flipping the Dark Eldar codex,I got interested in playing a haemonculus army,cause I like to play themed army like my Iyanden Eldars.For starting Dark Eldars what units or model do you recommend?

Thanks!

the best advice that i can give, is to use the models that you like in smart ways, this guide helps a ton doing that, as it gives a breakdown of almost every unit, listing pros and cons and common uses for the unit

i love grotesques, or grots around here, i use them in units of 4, this allows 2 models for my HQ to ride in the raider with aether sails. this cost a fair bit in terms of money and points but i never regret it
Back to top Go down
Pertruabo
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars!   New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27 2014, 12:41

OK thanks guys for the comments! This will surely help me alot! I plan to play 500 points first and then expand until 1000,I'll play 1000 always until the new codex roles in

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars!   New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the Dark City! Looking for advices for starting Dark Eldars!
Page 1 of 1