THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WarAdmiral
Hellion

New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army Empty
PostSubject: New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army   New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26 2014, 04:19

Was wondering if this would be a viable starter 1000pt army. Im new to DE and 40K in general. Any and all advice is welcome. Wanting to utilize the speed and get in opponent's face quickly.

HQ
Archon - attached w/ Incubi in the Raider
Close Combat Weapon, Close Combat Weapon, Combat Drugs, Kabalite Armor, Plasma Grenades, Shadow field

Elites
8x Incubi - attached w/ HQ in the Raider
Raider
Dark Lance, Flickerfield, Nightshield

Troops
10x Kabalite Warriors

5x Wyches - Vehicle hunter w/ other Wyche squad
Hekatrix
Agoniser, Haywire grenades, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol
Venom (75pts)
Flickerfield, Nightshield, Splinter Cannon
Wych with Wych Weapon
Haywire grenades, Plasma Grenades, Razorflails

5x Wyches - Vehicle hunter w/ other Wyche squad
Hekatrix
Agoniser, Haywire grenades, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol
Venom
Wych with Wych Weapon (22pts)
Haywire grenades, Plasma Grenades, Razorflails

Fast Attack
10x Hellions - Infantry killers
Helliarch
Agoniser and Splinter Pistol

Any ideas to build upon this army to take it to 1500, 1750+ pts.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army   New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26 2014, 07:28

with Dark eldar its hard to go wrong with a pair of Venoms and a pair of Raiders. I'd use those to start expanding. See where that takes you.

Take the Stunclaw with hellions. can be quite hilarious.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
ecam
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army   New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26 2014, 11:24

A raider with a splinter rack for your warriors is allways a good buy and if you dubble it up and have 2 hunting in a pack ypu can be dishing out over 40 poison shots per turn with rerolls if you get your strategy right allso give your guys a slinter cannon. You may want to equip your archon with a phantom granade lancher so as your incubi can charge into cover with no penalry. Allso think about giveing him a huskblade and venom blade and a soul trap. As he can become an uber killer check out what they do in your codex
Back to top Go down
WarAdmiral
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army   New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26 2014, 16:14

I hadnt added the second Raider bc of the low pt. total. The army capped at 997 pts. I can play w/ the army later tonight when I get home. Trying to get the army done in the most economical fashion, either by getting a Battle force box and the extra uint blisters or buying each unit separately.

Stunclaw Ill have to check that out. Still reading throught the core and codex books.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army   New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26 2014, 17:01

its a gimmick, but really fun and sometimes very impactful, especially when you do it on the ENEMY turn.

Basically with the Stun Claw, when you hit and Run, you take a character with you!  So if Eldrad id stuck into a bodyguard unit and is tanking wounds, you just jump him out!  then on your turn, waste his bodyguard with something else while they mill about, confused as to where their leader has gone.  =)

Blood Angel Priests are another good one to remove.  Imagine Baron Sathonyx removed from his unit by these wily little guys.  Or perhaps even the Farseer!  Lot of fun ideas there.  

Of course you'll need a sizable unit size to do this and of course the Baron himself can make the unit hearty enough to pull shinanigans like this off.  He tanks the wounds, out you jump with the enemy leader and once he's alone, you can use the challenge rules to get re-rolls against the poor unfortunate enemy.  

Anyways, it's definitely a fun item, it's cheap and it's quite a shock to the enemy system when it works.  And when it doesn't, well, it's 5 points of "who cares".

WarAdmiral
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army   New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26 2014, 17:30

That does sound like a great little tactic, may be worth the 5pts if it works or not.
Back to top Go down
WarAdmiral
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army   New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26 2014, 23:12

HQ
Archon
Combat Drugs, Haywire Grenades, Kabalite Armor, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Plasma Grenades, Shadow field, Soul-trap, Venom Blade, Venom Blade

Elites
Incubi
8x Incubi
Raider
Dark Lance, Nightshield, Splinter Racks

Troops
Kabalite Warriors
9x Kabalite Warrior
Kabalite Warrior with heavy weapon
Splinter Cannon
Raider
Dark Lance, Nightshield, Splinter Racks

Wyches
Venom
5x Wyches
5x Haywire grenades, 5x Plasma Grenades, 5x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon

Wyches
Venom
5x Wyches
5x Haywire grenades, 5x Plasma Grenades, 5x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon

Fast Attack
Hellions
9x Hellion
9x Hellglaive
Skyboard
Splinter Pods

Here's what I could come up w/ to stay at 1000pts.  Its 1000 pts exactly.  Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ecam
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army   New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26 2014, 23:20

Drop the splinter rack on your incubi raider as they have no splinter wepons so cant use it allso you could drop the second venom blade and haywire granades on your archon as you probably wont need them and with the points you can upgrade a incubi to a klaivex
Back to top Go down
WarAdmiral
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army   New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26 2014, 23:23

Dropping those items still leaves me 17 pts over.

EDIT: Well dropping down 1 Incubi gets me to 995.
Back to top Go down
WarAdmiral
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army   New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26 2014, 23:54

Are any of the Klavex powers & weapons worth it?
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army   New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01 2014, 23:39

Spendy, i know that!

WarAdmiral
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army   New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03 2014, 03:12

Worth it though?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army   New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to DE my thoughts for a 1000pt starter army
Page 1 of 1