THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers.

Go down 
+3
Tiri Rana
Massaen
speedfreek
7 posters
AuthorMessage
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers. Empty
PostSubject: Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers.   Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30 2011, 13:25

Whar arc of fire do you claim to have on your venoms two cannons and on the front lance of a Raider/Ravager?

Hull mounted is 45 degrees and pivot/turret is 360.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers.   Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30 2011, 13:43

hull mount is indeed 45 degrees but in most cases it is what the weapon would actually move... so the front mount on the raider/ravager would be maybe 120 degrees... though 90 seems more likely...

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers.   Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30 2011, 14:09

I claim around 90° for both. Since this seems to be the amount it can actually move.

GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers.   Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2011, 01:02

Front lance has 90°, but side lances on ravager are 180°, just as every other side-sponson mouten weapon in this game.

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers.   Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2011, 05:13

I actually dont think there is any side sponson ar all that has 180° and the Ravager definitely has more.

And there doesn't seem to be any consensus on the front weapon either.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers.   Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02 2011, 22:49

I use 90° for the front mount on the Raider/Ravager, and intend to do the same for the Venom now that I have some of the new models. I think this makes the most sense and is quite reasonable. I don't know why anyone would argue against it.

I have always assumed 180° for the Ravager's side mounted weapons. That's what they are designed for isn't it, and I think I remember there is a pic in the rule book somewhere showing 180° arcs. Or maybe it was the printed instructions for the model itself, or the ones online?

I always focus all three Ravvie wep's at targets directly in front without a problem and two in each of the front quarters, but I have to admit that I have never actually aimed one (or both) directly behind yet.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers.   Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02 2011, 22:56

Rule book shows 180 for Predators' sponsons, so the same is definitely true for Ravagers.

Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
J Mc
Slave
J Mc

PostSubject: Re: Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers.   Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2011, 10:09

I also use 180 for Ravager side weapons, and 90 for the front mounted one.

On Venoms, 90 for the top one but i'm not sure about the underslung weapon, i've been using 90 also but it looks like it'd do 360? (Can't remember if it obstructed or not)
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers.   Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2011, 20:46

I would use 180 on venoms....just like .50 mounted on a truck.

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers.   Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arc of Fire? Venoms and Ravagers.
Page 1 of 1