THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cabal of the Ivory Heart

Go down 
+2
Squidmaster
Tobruk Darkflame
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

Cabal of the Ivory Heart Empty
PostSubject: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2014, 06:08

Greetings once again!

Found the right place to put these, so I will upload as I continue my model and unit building and painting projects.

Currently I have:

- Archon
- Haemoncolus
- 10 Kabalite Warriors
- 10 Wyches
- 1 Raider
- 5 Incubi
- 3 Reavers

Only 2 warriors painted so far (but I only bought everything 2 days ago!) one of which is pictured below.

My aim is to complete this army without using any drybrushing on the models (bases excepted).

My colour scheme - ties with traditional DE colours, but withe Ivory to give some contrast / uniqueness to the force. Ivory shoulderguards will determine which unit each model belongs to; left, right, both, none etc.

To be added to the force in the coming weeks/months:

- 3 raiders
- 10 warriors
- 10 wyches
- 2 Heamonculi
- 3 Reavers
- 1 Ravager

Not sure what I will add after that but that will sort out my core force.

Comments and suggestions always welcome. I have been painting a while but trying something different and challenging for me with these models. I've always loved the DE feel but until the latest incarnation wasnt a big fan of the models.

Cabal of the Ivory Heart Wp_20113
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2014, 11:37

Vibrant!
Pink and bone is definitely an interesting choice. I look forward to seeing more of them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2014, 12:30

And then there were 2....

Cabal of the Ivory Heart Wp_20114

Im aiming for one per night if I can manage that I will be happy.

Vehicles.... I still haven't sorted in my head yet. I figure if I get my troops done first, I can worry about the higher end / special stuff, a bit later on.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2014, 19:09

Eyes on that latest dude are intense
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2014, 19:18

I love the name of the Kabal, and the paint scheme sounded bad to me, but looks really cool in execution. I dig it.

Have you puzzled out your Kabal symbology/markings yet? A free hand symbol on a sail or back banner really helps make the Kabal come to life.
Back to top Go down
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01 2014, 01:48

Morning all

Hmm I dont have a panoramic lense camera, but I will check the settings on my phone and see if it will let me do something similar when I get home tonight. (My phone has a 41MP camera so it should probably do something like that!)

Got another warrior completed last night, and half way through another - so we have 3 guys done now!

Re Markings / Symbols: No. I am still struggling with those, thus me leaving the vehicle side of things for the moment. I'll probably dig up some cuniform script and see if any of that "feels right" for what I want. Havent sorted out the colour of the sails yet either.

Cabal of the Ivory Heart Wp_20115
Back to top Go down
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01 2014, 13:35

Ok back again. #4 finished. Almost half a squad now! Woot!

groupie pic!

Cabal of the Ivory Heart Wp_20116
Back to top Go down
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01 2014, 14:33

Ok so I got onto a roll tonight - half a squad done!

starting to come together now and look like a reasonable unit.

Not sure if I will tackle Wyches next, or try out my hand on the Raider. Will have to give that some thought and trawl through the forum for tips on sail painting and sigils etc.

Cabal of the Ivory Heart Wp_20117
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01 2014, 14:40

Very nice. Striking!
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01 2014, 18:41

Looking good. I like the contrast between the purples and the green, and the sublty of the blue works well. Really makes them stand out. Keep it going Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02 2014, 14:20

Ok #6 is done. I still don't like this particular helmet but I had no other options - don't want bare headed warriors in my units.

Still - turned out reasonable and I am happy enough. 4 more to go!

Cabal of the Ivory Heart Wp_20118
Back to top Go down
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04 2014, 14:38

ok I got slack last night. I failed to do any painting. at all. didn't even get my brushes out.

Couldn't face my warriors tonight. Cold is getting the better of me and Im struggling to paint straight lines. But I have started on my Raider!

Its going to be more work than I expected but you get that. The shiny blotchy on the black is the violet ink settling in. Do not dismay! Its not finished, and I will clean that up in the next coat.

Cabal of the Ivory Heart Wp_20119

Oh. Ignore the.... Xenos lurking in the background. He is a non DE WIP for a friend... and the yellow smudge is my sons Orks; a Deffkopta in this case, also a WIP
Back to top Go down
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 11:47

ok

So today I broke my rules and went.... shopping.

I have added another battleforce, and a venom to my Cabal.

Looked long and hard at the Scourges but went or the Venom as its part of my "core". I like the Scourge models, not so much the bat wings but the feathered variants. Unfortunately I would have to buy 2 units to build all with feathers so that is just out of the question for now.

More building and painting needed. I am going to try to get the Raider basically finished tonight if I can - we will see as it will depend when the little Wychlings go to bed.

More pics soon I hope!
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 11:56

Everything looking very nice......

........though if I may, I do think the orange used on your Raider's prow and rudder seem a little out of place. The white sail really stands out but works being what it is, but something about the orange (or it might be bronze and its just the picture) does look a tad out of place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 12:19

Orange is brass but not finished yet. Just a pic of how far I got. Definitely needs more work yet!

I'm undecided if I will keep the brass or go to a steel colour at this point

In my head I want to do silver and brass trim for troop bling and transports but gold for the archon and other spec units and transport bling.

Appreciate the comment tho, Thankyou!

Double Post removed -Spellcheck2001
Back to top Go down
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 12:23

Oops double post sorry.
Back to top Go down
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 13:03

Thanks Spell!

Squid - looking at it now, having trawled a few sites too. Not sure I can get the result I want with that bronze so going to halve that; black in the main like the rest of it and then not sure about the edge. Might just go with Steel - will see how I go and update soonish
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 13:09

No probs. Have you thought about using the new GW technical paint Nichail oxide (or whatever it is called) for the bronze? This could add a whole new dimension to it and give the vehicle a new tone of colour that could set it off quite nicely. I usually wash the bronze with black wash then add the oxide after. while it is drying I rub my finger over the piece being 'oxidized' to bring out parts of the bronze on more raised areas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 13:15

Hadnt done any shading or highlighting on it at all yet Smile

Was going to do an ink wash and then pick out the highlights but have altered slightly. Blades going to be silver. the very tip of the ram is staying (for now) bronze - will see how it looks when I finish up.

still more to do on it. the sail veins/supports I haven't figured out what colour yet!!
Back to top Go down
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 13:17

and no I haven't tried any of the technical ones yet. other than the liquid greenstuff (I think that's their tech range?) which is REALLY AWESOME for warrior arm / shoulder joins Smile
Back to top Go down
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 14:21

Ok we shall call this... Raider Revised?

I have... kept and expanded the Bronze colour. so now its not just ARG HERE I AM.

Wasn't happy with the rear blade so have re-envisaged that too.

Still not finished (I haven't started the other side yet) but I have put the gunner in for perspective / colour tie in.

The Sail is currently bone-white (Ivory) and.... will be sigiled at some point. when I am brave enough Smile

I am half keen to make the thrusters look like they are firing. but.... Im not sure I can make the green I want to do it in (same end highlight as my splinter rifles) work properly.

My Wife doesn't think I should add anymore colours but.... Im not sure yet.

As always, comments and thoughts appreciated!

Cabal of the Ivory Heart Wp_20120
Back to top Go down
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 09:45

ok Ive done some more work now including the gunner.

still need to do the pilot tho I am considering removing his head and swapping it out for a helmeted one.

a lot happier with how its looking now but still avent tackled the Engines / thrusters

Cabal of the Ivory Heart Wp_20121
Back to top Go down
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 13:16

Ok Raider is as done as it will get I think. Other than designs for the sails. which I am still cogitating about

Cabal of the Ivory Heart Raider10
Back to top Go down
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12 2014, 13:19

Ok another update.

I have finished the first unit of Kabalite Warriors. Fairly happy with the results, for troops Smile

Cabal of the Ivory Heart Kab_wa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cabal of the Ivory Heart   Cabal of the Ivory Heart I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cabal of the Ivory Heart
Page 1 of 1