THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Wyche Cult List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Drk_Oblitr8r
Hellion
Drk_Oblitr8r

1500 Wyche Cult List Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2014, 08:44

I've never really asked for advice for a list before, but I've entered a 1500 point tourney which takes place in a little over a week, so I'm hoping to get some nifty ideas if that's ok Smile

HQ
Archon- Huskblade, Venomblade, Soultrap, Combat Drugs, Shadowfield, HWG

Elite
3x Trueborn- 2x Splinter Cannons
Venom- 2nd Splinter Cannon

Troop
8x Wyches- HWG, Hekatrix- Phantasm Grenade Launchers, Venom blade
Raider- Dark Lance, Flickerfield, Nightshields, Chain snares
Raider- Dark Lance, Flickerfield, Nightshields
Raider- Dark Lance, Flickerfield

Heavy Support
Razorwing- 2x Dark Lance, 4x Monoscythe Misslies, TL Splinter Rifle, Flickerfield
Razorwing- 2x Dark Lance, 4x Monoscythe Misslies, TL Splinter Rifle, Flickerfield

Plan is for the Archon to go with the Wyches with the chain snares and fling himself at the enemy warlord/monstrous creature/big dude to try and murder them, while the Wyches slows everyone else down. Razorwings I'm not so much a fan of, but I'm stuck with them as besides a Chronos they're all the Heavy Support I have atm. They make a nice distraction and still have a decent damage out put anyway. I had the Trueborn on foot for a while, but I played a game with short table sides and spent half the game walking them somewhere useful. I also wasn't sure about only giving two Nightshields but it gets me an extra point in comp which is always handy.

I was thinking of dropping the Archon for a Succubus with an Agoniser, Venom blade and HWG and giving all the Hekatrix Agonisers instead of Venom blades, which spreads their damage output around a bit, but the Archon can kill stuff with a 2+ a little easier.
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11 2014, 13:44

I like the list, it reminds me of the good old days of 5th edition!
Against t3 infantry stuff I think you will be fine. Wych cults can be pretty deadly in my experiance, particularly if you get the +1 str for combat drugs. I would say that perhaps there is not enough anti tank threat, perhaps haywire grenades on the wyches could help?
The trueborn units are potent, thats a great way to use them IMO. Laying down suppresion to take the heat off your advancing units.
I used to run a wych heavy list with great success, since 6th though I have struggled though due to wyches being even more delicate and random assault ranges. As far as list advice goes, I don't think there is much you can do if you want to run a cult list. A ravager in exchange for a razorwing would be helpful but too bad really!
I only wish you the best of luck although I think if the dice go slighlty against you this could be a very hard list to use or get a result from.
Back to top Go down
Drk_Oblitr8r
Hellion
Drk_Oblitr8r

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12 2014, 11:11

I've also found that disembarking as close as possible to something is the best way to minimise the chances of not getting in. They all have HayWire Grenades, and they've done well enough. In the second game of the tourney so far, a squad took out a Dreadnought and it's Drop pod. After some thinking, and comp score feedback from the TO, I ended up changing my list to this, and as of the end of the first day I've gone 1-2. But I've made stupid mistakes which have cost me, and there's still tomorrow to go. There's also a 3 Knight army running around I'm hoping to come against Razz

HQ
Archon- Huskblade, Venomblade, Soultrap, Combat Drugs, Shadowfield, HWG

Elite

Troop
7x Wyches- HWG, Hekatrix- Phantasm Grenade Launchers, Agoniser, Blast Pistol
7x Wyches- HWG, Hekatrix- Phantasm Grenade Launchers, Agoniser

Heavy Support
Back to top Go down
sephiroth081184
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12 2014, 11:33

Wyches have plasma grenades which count as assault grenades so you can leave the PGL at home and spend those points elsewhere
Back to top Go down
Drk_Oblitr8r
Hellion
Drk_Oblitr8r

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12 2014, 11:50

PGL also give them defensive grenades, which is what I'm after. 6+ cover saves within 8", which is where Wyches will be if things are going right.

But I could have dropped them all and the Blast Pistol and made each squad have 8, and replace all the Agonisers with Venom blades and have 9, with another being 10. Too late for the tourney, but something to try out later Razz
Back to top Go down
sephiroth081184
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12 2014, 11:56

ah right, i was only considering assault grenades.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12 2014, 19:45

IMOyour archon is 150 pts... get 3 haemons for 150 pts. now 3 wych squads have FNP That's what i would do. Other than that it will be fun to play assuming you can move the raiders down the field. have the 3 FNP squads in the front?
Back to top Go down
Drk_Oblitr8r
Hellion
Drk_Oblitr8r

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13 2014, 12:42

I definitely like the idea, but those Haemys won't do as much damage as the Archon. Swapping out the Archon for a Succubus and some Haemy's seems like a good idea though. The Succubus won't do much less damage, but I could fit more Haemy's in.

I ended up losing both my games today, but I realised that the Splinterborn Venoms don't actually work well in my list and neither do the Razorwings. The point of the list is to pretty much get into combat ASAP, where the Wyches are more durable. So everything else in my list needs to be preparing things for that assault. Either by blowing combatants out of their vehicles, or whittling down opponents to a more acceptable level (which includes shooting Tau units out of Supporting Fire range). Splinterborn Venoms are pretty good at the later, but are incapable of the former. The Razorwings are decent at both, but take too long to do so because they at the earliest start on turn 2, where as they need to be done turn 3 at the latest. I'm tossing around taking bikes and Lanceborn Venoms, plus maybe more Wyches and I might give Incubi another look as I haven't used them in a while.

I'll sleep on it and write up another list tomorrow, now that I can move on list wise Razz
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13 2014, 22:11

Yea I understand that the archon is a bad ass, but i think you are looking at it too narrowly. One archon in combat will frak things up, but 3 squads of wyches starting with FNP are just that much closer to furious charge. You said your army is to get wyches into combat faster, if thats your intention then I would figure that. Plus 27 wyches with FNP will do more damage that 1 archon, just my concept on the thing. I tend to go for the numbers. Yea the razorwing come in too late for what you need them to do. 2-3 ravagers on turn one will probably pop something that your opponent is banking on to take care of your combat. if you go to ravagers then you will even have the pts to spend on your haemons to make them just as good as the arhcon. 3 buffed haemons > 1 buffed archon. My only concern for your list is you throwing all of your scoring into the fray. you might be behooved to swap to some incubi with an archon/haemon instead of the blasterborn and get a coupld warriors in venoms/raiders in the mix. But i like the Wych army i cant wait till 7ed from what ive heard from people who have played it they have fixed assault.
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14 2014, 01:12

One thing I will say about the haemies. While you might rejoice when you roll that six for feel no pain combat drugs, your wyches will actually be seriously lacking some punch because they didn't get an offensive combat drug. if you start them with haemies you guarantee they get feel no pain, and in the off chance you roll a six you still get an offensive bonus from the drugs in furious charge.

At that point you're looking at a difference in:

63 S3 attacks on the charge

or 63 S4 attacks attacks on the charge.

I would trade 6 s3 ap2 attacks for that. Esepecially when it can be insta-gibbed by a lucky S6 weapon. Plus you can play around with some of the arcane wargear like liquifier guns, shattershard, and a crucible of malediction if it suits your meta.
Back to top Go down
Drk_Oblitr8r
Hellion
Drk_Oblitr8r

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15 2014, 08:34

Those are some good points, especially getting Furious Charge as well. I've just been looking at pain tokens defensively. Unfortunately I don't have any Ravagers, nor should I soon, so the closest I can get is Dark Lance Trueborn in Raiders. I was going to go with Venoms, but they're only 10 less.

What do you guys think of this?

HQ
Haemonculus- Liquifier Gun, Venomblade

Elite

3x Trueborn- 2x Darklance
3x Trueborn- 2x Darklance

Troop

6x Warriors
6x Warriors

Fast Attack
6x RJB- 2x Blasters

I was going to put the warriors in Venoms and give them a Blaster, but I thought it would be better to take an extra warrior and put them in raiders to give them a greater range with the Dark Lance which is something I think I've been lacking. I was thinking I could drop the extra warriors and something else to give the RJB Cluster Caltrops, but I can't think of anything but swapping all the Kabalite Raiders to Venoms.
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15 2014, 15:17

Range can always be a problem so I see your thinking there!
From my tournament experience and just in general dark eldar experience, the army gels beter when it is all used close together as one great big force rather than splitting up. For example, perhaps its a little simplistic but it works: Hitting 1/2 of his army with your full army, making sure you wipe the table with that half, playing unfair!

That list will cover the range issue certainly, however it makes you fairly static with all those DLs on warriors and trueborn. I would say that dark lances on the raiders is a definite for your list, but I would swap the Dls on the kabalites for blasters wherever possible. 3 Blasterborn in a venom, getting close and personal giving support to your wyches will be a much more potent unit (I think it is still one of the favorite tactics in the community) than 2 dark lances.

The more stuff you have "in his face" (a reasonable threat bubble Razz)- aka gunboats with warriors in rapid fire range, wyches and trueborns, the greater the chance of survival. Opponents will have to be sensible with target designation and should panic with all the stuff around. Plus, with that much firepower, not much should survive it!

In short, I like the style of the list, a nice combo of wych & warrior but I would get blasters on the trueborn at least and drop the dark lances. That way you make the most of the maneuverability.
Just my thought!

Back to top Go down
Drk_Oblitr8r
Hellion
Drk_Oblitr8r

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16 2014, 01:28

My main problem with blasters for lances is I'm not sure they're going to be in range on turn one. But combined with moving just enough so they don't snapfire, they've got a 24" range (plus Extra Raider turn distance). I have to change my list as well, because I don't have 7 Raiders ^_^"

HQ
Haemonculus- Liquifier Gun

Elite

3x Trueborn- 3x Blaster
3x Trueborn- 3x Blaster

Troop

5x Warriors
5x Warriors

Fast Attack
6x RJB- 2x Blasters, 2x Cluster Caltrops

Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16 2014, 08:53

I think that list looks better, if you haven't got another raider why not stick another venom in for the true born?

I wouldn't be to concerned about not being in range first turn with the blasters. I know it's pretty useful to pop armour early but if you can boost up into line of sight breaking cover to make use of obscured vehicles and flat out saves and hope that is enough to give some preservation. Then next turn you should be comfortably in range! Risky, but it's dark eldar, risk is an integral part, especially with a wych list!

The best solution to your issue is to get some ravagers really!
Back to top Go down
Drk_Oblitr8r
Hellion
Drk_Oblitr8r

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16 2014, 10:37

Well, if I'm rushing them up, and they only get wrecked, Raiders become LOS blocking terrain if I turn them on their side. It would take too much work to do the same with Venoms Razz
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16 2014, 14:25

haha very good point! I tend not to have that problem, my vehicles always- its almost a 100% record in competitive games, go supernova and tend to kill all passengers (I can wound my own stuff very effectively!)
Back to top Go down
Drk_Oblitr8r
Hellion
Drk_Oblitr8r

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16 2014, 14:28

That's the best part of Dark Eldar, we kill ourselves just as effectively as everyone else Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wyche Cult List   1500 Wyche Cult List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Wyche Cult List
Page 1 of 1