THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drk_Oblitr8r
Hellion
Drk_Oblitr8r

1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies   1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 15:17

With 7th coming out, I've written out a few lists completely different to what I normally would, and this is the first one I've actually used in 7th written specifically for it. I don't know if it's just because of 7th, or because it's a bit of a detachment (heh) from previous lists I've written (though still very 6th organizationally speaking), but something is off about it and I can't put my finger on it.

If you guys can help me work it out, that would be most appreciated Very Happy
Especially since I'm looking at taking it to a tourney a week from Saturday and another one the weekend after (which is 1750 currently, so I'll probably add Blasterborn Raiders in for that)

HQ
Archon - Huskblade, Venomblade, Combat Drugs, Shadowfield, Soultrap, HWG 155

Haemonculus - Liquifier 60

Elite
6x Incubi - Klaivex - Onslaught 162
Raider - Dark Lance, Flickerfield 70

Troop
5x Wyches - Haywire Grenades
Venom - 2nd Splinter Cannon   125

Heavy Support
Razorwing - 2x Dark Lances, 4x Monoscythe Missiles, Flickerfield, TL Splinter Rifle 155
Razorwing - 2x Dark Lances, 4x Monoscythe Missiles, Flickerfield, TL Splinter Rifle 155

Allied HQ
Farseer - Singing Spear, Eldar Jetbike 120

Allied Troops
6x Windrider Jetbikes - 2x Shuriken Cannons 121

1499/1500

General idea is that the Archon and Haemy go with the Incubi, everything goes for Maelstrom Objectives if applicable, Farseer tries to stay somewhere central to boost with Runes of Fate powers to whomever needs them at the time, Venoms shoot early or zoom Wyches to whomever I want to tie up where my Archon suitably turns up fashionably late or just in time depending on your perspective (last game both were technically true). I do take him as my warlord and try to roll for additional victory points for victorious challenges.

Last edited by Drk_Oblitr8r on Mon Jul 07 2014, 07:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies   1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25 2014, 01:38

I'd maybe swap the DL out on the raider for a dissy cannon, and think about ways to get grisly trophies on some of your vehicles. With the new rule of them having to pass a leadership test after any damage result against their transport, grisly trophies are probably the best 5 points you can invest in a dedicated transport these days.
Back to top Go down
Drk_Oblitr8r
Hellion
Drk_Oblitr8r

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies   1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25 2014, 02:58

The DL I have so I at least have one anti tank shot outside of 8" at the beginning of the game.

With damage results, can they still stop me from assaulting?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies   1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25 2014, 03:14

Yes. They can stop you from moving, shooting, disembarking, or doing basically anything else unless you pass leadership.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies   1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25 2014, 08:22

Drk_Oblitr8r wrote:
The DL I have so I at least have one anti tank shot outside of 8" at the beginning of the game.

With damage results, can they still stop me from assaulting?

No, can still assault. A failed leadership check means the unit can only fire snap shots, but for me, having that 1 grenade throw can make all the difference.
Back to top Go down
Drk_Oblitr8r
Hellion
Drk_Oblitr8r

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies   1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07 2014, 07:08

Tourney went great! First and last games were pretty close loses, and the second was a total victory.

First game was against a Farsight army in Contact Lost. All suits, two riptides. I managed to ignore those two and and picked off the other suits. I ended up losing almost everything, including the Archon in Overwatch, and lost 10-15.

Second was against a Space Marine army, maybe Ultramarines, I'm not sure, in Purge the Alien. I only lost my Haemonculus, while I slew everything.

Third (and probably most interesting game, I say not very lightly) was against a Grey Knight, Imperial Knight Alliance (the only player other player I saw take allies) They had Coteaz, two squads of three crusaders, two knights (the one that he had to roll for rolled a one) in Cloak and Shadows. Ohh and a Warhound Titan. I spread out and zoomed up with the Archon, Eldar, and a venom of Wyches going behind a building towards Corteaz and a knight on my right, with another Venom on the other side of the building, hoping that it would be somewhat distracting. Warhound was in the center, and the other knight and three Crusaders on the left, where two more Venoms were heading.

Stuff shot, a Venom on the left was immobilised, the other one exploded on the other side of the Knight. Some WRJB died on the right, most everything else in there made cover saves, with the Incubi Raider doing so because of Fortune. Venom on the outside survived surprisingly, until it was assaulted, blowing up 3 of them inside. Then on my turn all my Wyches on the left side assaulted the Knight, which blew up killed a Wych. The now lone Wych consolidated towards the 3 Crusaders on the objective I had a card for nearby, the other five only rolled a 1 so sat there to be blasted by the Warhound next turn. On the right side, I tried to do the same to the Warhound, which I Doomed. Both Razorwings came in and took aim at the Knight, but didn't because I forgot.

Wyches threw grenades at Warhound, doing some glances. Incubi Raider, which I guided, shot at it as well, taking two hull points off. Wyches charged, but only 5 got into combat with the it, the lone two from the explosion just stood at the top of the stairs a short distance from the Knight. I did a couple of glances and pens, but not enough to kill it and almost tied combat until they remembered it could stomp and I lost and a lone Wych fled. The Fortuned Archon and Incubi slaughtered the three Crusaders and Coteaz, unfortunately. On top of that, the Incubi killed Coteaz so no Soul Trap for the Archon.

They consolidated back into the building, except for the Haemy, who ran towards the Warhound, offering a hug. Instead he was shot with Heavy Stubbers by the Knight from behind, who also shot at the Archon and Incubi, who made some oftheir cover saves. Warhound blew the snot out of the Eldar and the Incubi, leaving only the Farseer, two Incubi and a Bike alive. It also pasted those 5 Wyches that didn't consolidate, which probably would have killed the Warhound if they lived. The Crusader's charged the lone Wych, with nobody doing anything. And the Knight charged the Archon and smooshed the Incubi, while the Archon glanced it and held it.

The Wyches on the steps ran down and joined the Fortuned Archon in combat with the Knight. The Farseer and Jetbike moved right up against the wall so they couldn't be seen by the Warhound. I think I doomed the it too, and the Razorwings remembered what they were doing and shot at it, along with the Incubi Raider. I think only 1/5 Dark Lances hit. In combat the Wych killed a Crusader, maybe two, but combat went on. Archon and Wyches all missed the knight, which then killed the Wyches.

Leaving the Archon tying up the Knight, or was the Knight tying up the Archon? At this point I make a joke about getting the Warhound to join in the combat to make it a fair fight.

Warhound ran around the building just enough to be able the Farseer and Jetbike from over the building and made them a pretty stain. The lone Wych finally won combat against the Crusader and got that objective. Archon still doesn't hit the Knight, and it rolls a 6 to wound the Archon which dies without failing his Shadowfield save the whole game.

Rest of the game the Razorwings fly around for a turn, then fly off and come back and take another hull point off the Warhound, leaving it on 4 at the end. Raider is blown up, the Immobilised Venom lives the whole game shooting at the Crusaders killing none since being stuck. Knight runs around claiming a couple of objectives getting just enough points to double mine. Warhound shoots everything at the lone Wych who goes to ground and makes every cover save.

After all I tie in third. Only complaints I had were about food places nearby being a tad more expensive that I was hoping. Which makes it a great tourney, no?

This weekend is another tournament but at 1750, and after enjoying this list, I modified it to fit. I added the Trueborn in Raiders to boost up my ranged anti tank which I feel I need. I was originally going to drop the Haemonculus, but I feel like it'll boost my paint score. So I took out the Shuriken Cannons, the Liquifier and an Incubi. I want to keep the Incubi, but I can't really think of what else to drop besides it.

HQ 205
Archon - Huskblade, Venomblade, Combat Drugs, Shadowfield, Soultrap, HWG 155

Haemonculus 50

Elite 512
5x Incubi - Klaivex - Onslaught
Raider - Dark Lance, Flickerfield 210
3x Trueborn- 3x Blaster
Raider- Dark Lance, Flickerfield
3x Trueborn- 3x Blaster
Raider- Dark Lance, Flickerfield

Troop 500

Heavy Support 310

Allied HQ

Allied Troops
6x Windrider Jetbikes 102

1749/1750

I could alternatively give the Trueborn Splintercannons and drop just the Archon's HWG. Though, that would slightly reduce his ability to tie up a Knight Razz
Back to top Go down
Drk_Oblitr8r
Hellion
Drk_Oblitr8r

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies   1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07 2014, 07:09

That summary of the third game is much longer than I thought ^_^"

Might spoiler it or cut it out and paste it elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies   1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08 2014, 00:56

Sounds like you had a fun tourny. Hope the next one is too!

I'd try to find a way to add 1 trueborn to each of those squads and give them each a blaster. 4 Trueborn with blasters is significantly better than 3 per squad.

If you dropped the Haemy + the HWG from the archon, that'd be just about how many points you'd need to do it. Or, you could swap one of those razorwings for a ravager and net just about the same points if losing the HWG from the archon. Or you could just drop 3 of the windrider jetbikes, since you're only required to field 1 troop on an allied detachment.

Personally, though, I'd probably drop a unit of HWG wyches to get some of those upgrades back. Like the shuriken cannons on your windriders, and as previously stated, beefing your blasterborn up with another blasterman each. You'd then have enough points to add grisly trophies to 4 of your vehicles for free leadership rerolls.

And I'd still swap the lances on the raiders for dissies. Against AV 10, dissies even have a good chance of doing more damage, even with 3 lower Strength. Here are the numbers:

Lance: Has 41.5 % chance of a SINGLE glance or pen against AV 10.
Dissies: Have 49.5 % chance of at LEAST a glance or pen against AV 10, and have the potential to score 3.

Now, Lances are obviously going to be better against AV 12+, but honestly, they really aren't going to be that great at it anyhow, having an even lower chance than above to do damage. You're better off depending on your HWGs and blasterborn to deal with them. With dissies, they're going to be better while shooting at just about everything else. Dissies will be good against suits and terminators, and various other tough armored non-vehicles, providing far more shots to widdle down their numbers. If you haven't tried them in the past, I really think you should give them a shot.
Back to top Go down
Drk_Oblitr8r
Hellion
Drk_Oblitr8r

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies   1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08 2014, 12:37

I'm pretty much stuck with the models I have, as I don't have the time or money to get anything new in time. So I'm pretty suck with squad sizes as they are without changing a lot. So I can't have four Blasterborn unless I cut down to one squad and I still don't have Ravagers for some reason. The jetbikes are there to give the Farseer more wounds than anything, though splitting off for last minute objective stealing isn't so bad an option.

I think I might switch to dissies, I tried out the list as it would if I took Splinter Cannons on the Trueborn and with the game ending early, I had to try and kill the enemy Tau Commander to turn a loss into a win (and fail a leadership test, which they only failed one out of the 4 I managed to cause with 8 Monoscythe missiles on a Fire Warrior blob) and I ended up almost killing him with a Dark Lance at the end, but just made his invul.

I think I might stick with Splinter Cannons for the final list actually. Something about 144 poison shots at 36" from what is otherwise an assault army really speaks to me. I'll go with this list.

HQ
Archon - Huskblade, Venomblade, Combat Drugs, Shadowfield, Soultrap 150

Haemonculus - Liquifier 60

Elite
6x Incubi - Klaivex - Onslaught
Raider - Dark Lance, Flickerfield 232
3x Trueborn - 2x Splinter Cannons
Raider - Dark Lance, Flickerfield 126
3x Trueborn - 2x Splinter Cannons
Raider - Dark Lance, Flickerfield 126

Troop

Heavy Support

Allied HQ

Allied Troops
6x Windrider Jetbikes - 2x Shuriken Cannons 122

I was thinking I could possibly make a Wych squad larger to assault bigger tanks if there are any. Though, I don't think I'll be seeing many Warhounds again soon Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies   1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Shooty Wyche Cult with Eldar Buddies
Page 1 of 1