THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?

Go down 
+16
Anggul
Zion
clively
Siticus the Ancient
Its_Rumble
wanderingblade
Mushkilla
Cavash
jbwms713
Vasara
Expletive Deleted
Barking Agatha
Talos
Martinman
spellcheck2001
Sky Serpent
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? Empty
PostSubject: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 13:00

We all know GW love putting (limited edition) accessories out there, every army with their own psychic power list gets a card deck but what I found the most interesting is that the Imperial Astra Guard Militarum are getting their own cards for their order system.

I don't play Guard so my opinion isn't worth that much by being able to track orders with a card system seems like a good, sensible idea.

What do you think the possibility is for us to get Combat Drugs cards, or possibly pain tokens?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 13:04

I think it is a very real possibility for combat drug cards. it is a quick and easy way for GW to get money and also very useful for us gamers, especially in 6th ed with all the tracking that now goes on in games. I would purchase the cards but not so sure they will bring out pain tokens though. I imagine the production costs would be higher on these than with cards, and the payback probably lower.

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 13:07

I think the cards would sell, *75% of DE armies have a drugs unit of some sort and I think for £3.50, any serious DE player would pick a deck up.

*Figure pulled out of thin air.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 13:12

I agree, and hopefully units like Hellions and wyches get a buff/lower point costs when our new codex comes out, making them more viable to run (and more reason to use the cards).

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Martinman
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 15:10

I would definitely buy them. I've made my own pain tokens though by putting some Space Wolves bits on a base and painting them up to look like the Space Wolves that one of the guys I play against has. The plan is to make some for the various armies I play against at the local store.
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 19:38

Sky Serpent wrote:
any serious DE player would pick a deck up.

Then allow me to disagree, I don't know what you mean by series player, but I conceder myself to be one, attending tournaments around the country and all that. And I would not bay them. I been playing with combat druged units since dark eldar appeared back in the old days, then every unit have indevual drugs. And never seen the need for cards. And if I relly whanted some cards, I whould have made them myself :p
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 19:52

The effects of combat drugs as they are now are pretty simple, though. You could fit them all on a single card, and it wouldn't even be a very wordy card.
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 22:39

Kind of agree with Agatha and Talos. I might buy them just to have them as some sort of collector thing, but honestly I have a harder time remembering who moved and who shot in my army than remembering one small combat bonus out of only six options that is universal on models with combat drugs.

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 07:16

I have printed out the TDC drug cards and glued them to magic cards. Did I do somethigh wrong?

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
jbwms713
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 14:49

As they're basically our version of a psychic roll, I could see them coming out... but I can't see them being very useful.

One die on one chart for the entire army isn't hard to do (and I assume you have your codex with you for your games?). It's not like powers that you need to keep track of when they're activated, and on which unit, etc...

Some people like the shuffle-and-draw idea, and that's who will purchase these cards.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 15:24

Seriously, what's wrong with writing "Hypex", "Serpentin" or any of the other drugs down on a piece of paper that has your army written on it? If you don't know them off by heart then you could put "+1S" or whatever they do next to them. I'd rather take a couple of second to do that than spending time getting one of six cards out of a deck. They might increase the number of combat drugs, but even then I still wouldn't need them.
Then I am £3.50 better off and still showing GW that I don't need their darn money grabbing gimmicks to play a game I've loved for ages!

Edit: No doubt they'll do it, anyhow.

GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 17:15

We have these for free. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 18:21

I agree with Sky that it makes sense for GW to bring out something like this financially.

I agree with all those saying you don't need a deck of cards to remember which dice result you got that applies to your entire army, particularly if you just write it down on a piece of paper.

That suggests to me that there is a possibility that GW will change how combat drugs will work. Or maybe some other mechanism that makes a deck of cards like these sensible - random Haemonculi wargear for example. Or maybe Power from pain will change. Or something.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 20:50

And think how much money they would make if they included samples of the drugs with the cards!!! In all seriousness though this is something to look in to.

Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 21:45

Mushkilla wrote:
We have these for free. Very Happy

I had forgotten about these being made back in the day! Thanks Mush! I do wonder, were there also backs with the same texture made for these or was it just the effect cards?

On topic, these cards are sometimes quite handy to have, but I always write down the warlord trait, combat drugs and psychic powers on my list, which I also always write down by hand. I then keep all these lists in my army case. That way, I can recall battles even after several years since!

clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 22:59

I'd likely buy... as long as it isn't that stupid dark grey text on a black background like the apoc cards were. I can't even read those.

Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 23:57

Its_Rumble wrote:
And think how much money they would make if they included samples of the drugs with the cards!!! In all seriousness though this is something to look in to.

Oh! In that case, I would like to preorder. Would there be a bulk deal?
Back to top Go down
Zion
Slave

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2014, 00:59

clively wrote:
I'd likely buy... as long as it isn't that stupid dark grey text on a black background like the apoc cards were.  I can't even read those.
It'd likely be more like the Psychic Powers cards if anything. That's what the Order cards for IG seem to be.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2014, 01:06

If you buy now we will include not one but TWO Dark Eldar Drug card packs (with sample) just pay separate S&H limit 20 per household.

Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09 2014, 10:27

I don't see the point if we keep the 'roll once, entire army gets the same' format. Psychic power cards are useful because they keep track of multiple powers, often on multiple models. There's not much point when you're just rolling once and applying that one result all game.

I hope we do keep that format, much quicker and easier than having to keep track of which unit has which drugs, even having cards would be a pain when you have so many units and have to keep the card with them everywhere they go.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09 2014, 16:59

I won't be paying 3.50 when I can go "Hey, opponent, remember all my guys dressed like x get an extra whatever.
I could spend that 3.50 on enough pencils and paper to probably write down our current drugs in all the games I play for the rest of my life.

New drugs would be a pain. Old ones would possibly be even worse (was it 3e edition where different units had their own drugs table?)

Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11 2014, 14:17

I would love for GW to update Dark Eldar with some fixes and new stuff cough why do Eldar get battle focus and we don't? But unfortunately they have forgotten about us again. We had a brief moment in the sun then we were cast back into the pit of what could have been great. Left to fester for another decade.

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14 2014, 11:32

Grub wrote:
I would love for GW to update Dark Eldar with some fixes and new stuff cough why do Eldar get battle focus and we don't? But unfortunately they have forgotten about us again. We had a brief moment in the sun then we were cast back into the pit of what could have been great. Left to fester for another decade.

The Dark Eldar are still fairly decent, all things considered. Also at the rate they're making 6th edition codices I don't think we'll even be waiting all that long.

As for Battle Focus, the craftworlders put themselves into a battle trance and flow like water through the battle. The Dark Eldar are considerably more up front and brutal, letting themselves fight with all the manical glee of their kind, it makes sense that they don't have Battle Focus. Instead they have Power From Pain.

I really look forward to seeing what they do when the next codex does come around though, it should be really interesting, and imagine the crazy stuff they could do with Dark Eldar 'relics'.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14 2014, 12:39

Not saying that DE are rubbish, far from it really! I just highly doubt any releases or changes soon!
As for battle focus, you wouldn't have the same rule but something similar makes sense to me, especially as the dark eldar are more "up front and brutal", getting into the fight as quickly as possible and making use of there minimal armor for speed is common sense as far as "lore" goes!

Would be great to see some Dark Eldar relics though!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14 2014, 14:33

When we get our next Codex, I would not be surprised to see Combat Drugs rolled on a unit by unit basis, just to create a purpose for some drug cards.

As it stands, the cards available at this site for print-out suit me just fine. (Although, I would like to have a back to the cards available.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: