THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?

Go down 
+16
Anggul
Zion
clively
Siticus the Ancient
Its_Rumble
wanderingblade
Mushkilla
Cavash
jbwms713
Vasara
Expletive Deleted
Barking Agatha
Talos
Martinman
spellcheck2001
Sky Serpent
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17 2014, 05:11

I would actually like the combat drugs to go back like they were before, Choose what you need in each turn but when the new dex came out, was relieved by the one roll rule. But now...and, cards, well I have almost every other cards for the game so why not? And, as stated before, not on dark grey background please.

Sybarite
Anggul

GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?   GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17 2014, 11:05

The problem with using cards for it is the same reason the Tyranid psychic power cards are useless. You have them en mass, so you can't just keep the cards on the unit or in one place as there's a fairly high chance of multiple units rolling the same thing.

For example, your typical Tyranid army has at least four psykers (counting any size brood of Zoanthropes as one psyker), usually a Hive Tyrant or two, a couple of broods of Zoanthropes and maybe a Tervigon. When you're rolling for that many powers you're probably going to get some doubles, so unless you buy multiple packs the cards are useless, you're better off just keeping a little pad and pen with your dice and templates like I do.

The same goes for combat drugs, if you had them per unit you would likely get doubles, and if they stayed as they were you wouldn't need cards because you would only have to remember one roll anyway, and they aren't exactly a lot to remember like some psychic powers, they're very simple things like +1 to a certain stat or re-rolls.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down

GW Combat Drugs cards a possibility?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2