THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar

Go down 
+20
commandersasha
clively
the_red_Dane
Lady Malys
jbwms713
Cavash
megatrons2nd
Count Adhemar
Azdrubael
deep-sea-captain
Barking Agatha
Talos
wanderingblade
Evil Space Elves
Ciirian
Thor665
average joe
Mngwa
spellcheck2001
Sky Serpent
24 posters

Will you be buying the limited edition Codex?
Yes
Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  Voteba1320%Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  Voteba15
 20% [ 10 ]
No
Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  Voteba1349%Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  Voteba15
 49% [ 25 ]
Maybe - need to see nearer the time due to personal circumstances/whether the cover is good or not.
Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  Voteba1331%Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  Voteba15
 31% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 51

AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  Empty
PostSubject: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 13:11

With the new book potentially coming out in the next 12 months, or at least next couple of years, I wanted to see what percentage of our users would be buying one of the limited edition Codexes.

I know I'll be picking up at least two no matter what it looks like.

Be interesting too see how many of the books will be picked up by our guys here.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 13:14

Maybe. They have been a trifle expensive so far but none have yet been released for an army I own, so I might change my tune nearer the time Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 14:28

Indeed, they are quite expensive, but if the DE get a new codex...

I think I may just have enough devotion to buy one. I doubt they will be sold out nearly as quickly, so that gives an extra chance for me ^^
Would be my first limited edition for any 40k thing, but likely one I will enjoy a lot.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
average joe
Kabalite Warrior
average joe

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 15:06

Definite maybe for me.  If the 7th edition can somehow put all the rules back together in one place in a cohesive manner I'll be far more apt to buy a limited edition codex.  In fact I'll be far more likely to continue playing 40k period.  Things unrelated to GW have kept me from playing a good game in the last several months.  Having said that seeing what some of the recent codices and all the new optional or supplemental materials have done to the game doesn't engender a desire to head down to the local game store for a pick up game.  I definitely will be watching and getting as much information as I can before I leap on the 7th edition let alone a limited edition codex.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 15:49

I'd be a no.

They're a model company not a rule company, by their own statement and practices. I don't pay a premium on product that the creators express indifference towards.

Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 16:33

I wont be as I have found the digital codexes allot more helpful by clicking a rule you dont know and its explanation is given to you.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 16:37

Thor665 wrote:
I'd be a no.

They're a model company not a rule company, by their own statement and practices. I don't pay a premium on product that the creators express indifference towards.
A whole lotta this, and I've recently started going the digital route to reduce clutter and shelf space. Evil or Very Mad 

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 17:29

Thor665 wrote:
I'd be a no.

This. It'd have to breathtakingly lovely for me to reconsider.
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 19:28

The ordinary books are expensive enough at is it. I have no desire to pay extra for a book that in time will be damaged from transports and stuff
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 19:47

Well, it's direct-sales only, which makes it difficult for me, and it's basically a deluxe version of a book that is already pretty snazzy; I don't know that it merits it, it's only Codex: Dark Eldar, not the Collected Oscar Wilde. Plus, do they use leather? Because then it's a definite no. Otherwise, I dunno, maybe, but I wouldn't go out of my way. Smile
Back to top Go down
deep-sea-captain
Hellion
deep-sea-captain

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 00:46

Nope, probably not. I like the current Hard Cover books enough as they are, and if I wanted the limited edition, I would have gone the collectors route and picked up all of the armies limited editions... but that was too expensive. I'm going to torture my wallet by collecting Forgeworld books instead.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 06:30

I will probably get digital, cause I get decent tablet.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 10:01

Absolutely no chance!

megatrons2nd
Kabalite Warrior
megatrons2nd

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 12:55

They will be lucky if I buy the actual codex at retail price. I hate the overpriced hard back format, and the game has been such crap for a while. I have tried to play a couple more games this year, and the absolute curb stomp I received, only killing like 6 models while being tabled myself in both games before turn 3, has not brought any good will forward for 40K from me. I was a decent player 3 years ago, and handled early 6th well, but the recent multi faction uber lists have just rubbed me the wrong way. If I am playing a game, I at least want a chance to do something, losing before the game begins is not fun.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 14:07

No. It seems like a waste of money to me.

Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
jbwms713
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 14:44

I can't imagine I'll run with the special copy... maybe if it had some extra fluff or something... but a slightly different cover isn't enough for me, personally, to double the price. Shrug.
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 21:53

Unless there are essential rules - which by definition there shouldn't be - then no. I dislike this sort of marketing gimmick intensely.

Back to top Go down
the_red_Dane
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 22:32

It's a maybe, depends if they'll be bound in the tanned hides of captured guardsmen. Razz
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 22:51

If the Limited Edition boils down to an extra $50 for a different cover and a number... then no. I don't really see the point.

If the Limited Edition contained actual extra content then I'd be all over it. However that doesn't appear to be what they've been doing.

Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2014, 10:47

If the limited edition Tyranid Codex had come out 3 months later, with extra art, and the dataslates included, there might have been an argument for it.

Personally I think that as their recent statements have made clear, GW are now purely a models and fluff company, with a suggested rule-set; I use more and more proxy models, I find their fluff increasingly puerile, and their rule sets are poor.

I like softback rules that stay open on the page I select.

Until I see a sea-change at GW, I will continue pirating, converting and printing my own copies. Do I want an extra 50 pages of pictures I can look at on the Internet of other peoples' models? No thanks!
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09 2014, 10:34

No, I'm not paying double price for someone at GW to click on a different image to apply as the cover. It's just arranging the ink in a different way. There's nothing special about it, there's no reason for it to be limited other than to mug people off under the façade of 'collectible'. Make two versions with two different covers and charge the same for them, that's fine, but don't go charging twice the money for the same content and a different picture on the front.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09 2014, 12:55

I will absolutely not be buying any limited edition anythings. As it is I think the existing Codex releases are far too much (I really don't see the need for it to be hardback) so I'll only grudgingly be getting the basic version.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09 2014, 21:24

Ix-nay. Not a chance.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
notts
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10 2014, 20:44

I might not even buy the codex depending on what they do, let alone the LE version
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar    Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you going to buy the limited edition Codex: Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1