THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

List for new army (1850)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
_Flip
Slave

List for new army (1850) Empty
PostSubject: List for new army (1850)   List for new army (1850) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14 2014, 12:45

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to start a new DE army, but I'm not really sure what to include in it. It doesn't have to be extremely competitive, but I don't want to be completely wiped out if I play in a tournament either.

What I'm considering right now is the following:

Code:

+++ New Roster (1848pts) +++
+++ 0pt Dark Eldar 6th Ed (2010), Fortifications Roster (Primary Detachment, Fortification)) +++

Selections:

Dark Eldar 6th Ed (2010) (Primary Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ +

* Archon
        (Fleet, Independent Character, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
        Close Combat Weapon, Combat Drugs, Kabalite Armor, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Plasma Grenades, Shadow field, Venom Blade

* Haemonculus
        (Altered Physique, Independent Character, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
        * Haemonculus
            Close Combat Weapon, Liquifier Gun, Splinter Pistol

+ Elites +

* Grotesques
        (Altered Physique, Berzerk Rampage, Bulky, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
        * Aberration
            Close Combat Weapon
        * 3x Grotesques
            2x Close Combat Weapon, Liquifier Gun
        * Raider
            Dark Lance

* Kabalite Trueborn
        (Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
        * 3x Trueborn
            2x Dark Lance, Splinter Rifle

* Kabalite Trueborn
        * 4x Trueborn
            4x Blaster
        * Venom
            Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon

+ Troops +

* Kabalite Warriors
        * 10x Kabalite Warrior
            10x Splinter Rifle
        * Raider
            Dark Lance, Splinter Racks

* Kabalite Warriors
        * 10x Kabalite Warrior
            10x Splinter Rifle
        * Raider
            Dark Lance, Splinter Racks

* Wyches
        (Dodge, Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
        * Venom
        * 5x Wyches
            5x Haywire grenades, 5x Plasma Grenades, 5x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon

* Wyches
        (Dodge, Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
        * Venom
        * 5x Wyches
            5x Haywire grenades, 5x Plasma Grenades, 5x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon

+ Fast Attack +

* Reaver Jetbikes
        (Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Skilled Riders)
        2x Cluster catrops, 7x Jetbikes

+ Heavy Support +

* Ravager
        (Aerial Assault, Night Vision)
        Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance

* Talos Pain Engine
        (Fearless, Move through cover, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Random Attacks)
        Twin-Linked Liquifier gun, Twin-Linked Splinter Cannon

* Talos Pain Engine
        (Fearless, Move through cover, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Random Attacks)
        Twin-Linked Liquifier gun, Twin-Linked Splinter Cannon

Fortifications (Fortification) Selections:

+ Fortification +

* Aegis Defense Line
        Gun emplacement with quad-gun

The general strategy would be the following:
- Archon + Haemonculus + Grotesques --> Cross the battlefield in the raider and then start assaulting whatever they have in range
- Trueborn with lances --> Stay behind the Aegis and shoot both the quad-gun and their lances
- Wytches -> Tank-hunting
- Blaster trueborns --> Tank hunting
- Reavers --> Turbo-boost all over the place, hitting units with the cluster catrops
- Talos --> Mainly draw fire
- Warriors --> Anti infantry and grabbing objectives

Any feedback would be more than welcome

In the future don't use individual point costs in your army lists. Also listing of basic equipment is to be avoided. Mod Vasara

Last edited by _Flip on Tue Apr 15 2014, 09:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Athalkar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: List for new army (1850)   List for new army (1850) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15 2014, 00:46

Caveat-- If you don't like a suggestion then ignore it.

Since your not field wracks, the hammy is just serving to give the Grts furious charge... you don't need him.   (archon + hammy + Grts in one explosive package).  Run it with either just one or the other so that your one unit is too vulnerable.  (with both, it alone can cost you 5 VPs (2 ICs, 1 Elite, 1 Transport and 1 slay warlord).  

Give the aberration a poisoned weapon and get an addition attack for two CC and a re-roll to wound for most of the time.  (i.e., its upgrade gold).

Go ahead an splurge on the archon and get a husk blade and sould trap-- the Grts and a venom blade wielding aberration gets you enough high str wounds but lack ap2 the soul trap can round out the deficiency (you'll tank me when they see a larger squad of termmies).  

Even with the Aeigs and 3 trueborn out in the open will die or worse run away scared after taking a single casualty.  Also as built any casualties would greatly hamper their firing power; i.e., you lose use of either a lance or the quad gun with just a single casualty.  
--ditch the aeigs and put both trueborn squads in venoms.  There are other posts that discuss the merits of 3 or 4 blasters with the trueborn.  
--the real point here, is don't field them without the vehicle, part of their effectiveness is providing cheap access to a transport which adds additional fire power and target saturation.   Also blasterborn don't work on foot as they just have the 18" range.    max target saturation would be the trueborn with lances plopped in cover somewhere with an empty transport taking pot shots at things.  (granted since your charging ahead with reavers and Grts, there is a fair chance that such a stationary unit will be just out of range of what they really want to shoot at).

Based on your own declared tactics, ditch the splinter racks get a splinter cannon--  i.e., if they grab an objective they are not using the splinter rack.  plus using the splinter wrack puts the warriors in dangerous proximity of the explosive vessel their flying in.  

Consider some defensive upgrades (flicker field/Night shields) on ravager or/and Grts raider.  

Also, fun option is the aether sails on the Grt raider.  The extra 2d6 during move puts the raiders range at 32-42 during your first turn.... with the 4+ cover on that raider and a archon and grots inside a ridiculous amount of fire power will be directed at it.  

1850, and with two or your troops being suicide units (wyches) I want to say that that you should take a fifth troop option at the cots of one of you trueborn squads..... but it is your call.  

(though its not my place to say... shouldn't be listing points to upgrades like that.)
Back to top Go down
_Flip
Slave

PostSubject: Re: List for new army (1850)   List for new army (1850) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15 2014, 09:27

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

The plan with the blaster trueborns was to put them on a venom, but I simply forgot. I guess I'll take your suggestion of removing the haemonculus and take the venom instead.

For the rest, I'll need need to think about them and see how the list could be adjusted

PS: I've removed the points from the list. I didn't realize I could be breaking copyright rules
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List for new army (1850)   List for new army (1850) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

List for new army (1850)
Page 1 of 1