THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 New to Dark Eldar Army List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MrValkyrie175
Slave
MrValkyrie175

1850 New to Dark Eldar Army List Empty
PostSubject: 1850 New to Dark Eldar Army List   1850 New to Dark Eldar Army List I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12 2015, 02:22

So, I've been interested in the Dark Eldar for quite some time (before the new codex hit) but recently decided to actually take the plunge and start an army. I'm aiming to have a Kabalite force with some Coven support.

the list I put together is as follows, using the Realspace Raiders FOC:

HQ:
Archon with Huskblade, Shadowfield, Soul-trap and Phantasm-150 points
Haemonculus with Parasite's Kiss and Stniger pistol-80 points

Elites:
Three Grotesques and an Aberration with Scissorhand in a Raider with Nightshields and a Disintegrator-230 points
Five Incubi in a Raider with Nightshields, Chain-snares and a Disintegrator-175 points

Troops:
Ten Kabalite warriors with a Splinter Cannon in a raider with Nightshields, Splinter Racks and a dark Lance-185 points
Ten Kabalite warriors with a Splinter Cannon in a raider with Nightshields, Splinter Racks and a dark Lance-185 points
Five Kabalite warriors in a dual Splinter Cannon Venom-105 points
Five Kabalite warriors in a dual Splinter Cannon Venom-105 points

Fast Attack:
Two Beastmasters with four Razorwing Flocks-100 points
Razorwing Jetfighter with Monoscythes Missiles and Disintegrator Cannons-130 points
Five Scourges with four Dark Lances-160 points
Five Scourges with four Haywire Blasters-120 points

Heavy Support:
Ravager with three Dark Lances-125 points

Would this list be at all competitive? I understand that Dark Eldar are far from the most powerful army at the moment but would this list still be able to pull few wins?  

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1850 New to Dark Eldar Army List   1850 New to Dark Eldar Army List I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12 2015, 19:40

I think the basic shell should do fine. I will point out a few things for you to consider though.

Phantasm GL on the archon depends highly on what you face. Most of use find it too situational because of the high amount of atsknf/fearless. If you don't see either of these carry on, otherwise I'd lose it. Hell I'd lose it any, too low impact compared to what 15 pts could buy.

Haemie I really don't see the point of. I'd lose him or buy a second unit of grots and make him/them part of the grotesquerie from the coven book. Either way if you take one I'd opt for some combat kit like agonizer/flesh gauntlet/scissorhand and if using the coven rules set then take the syndriqs sump.

Speaking of grots your costed for 4. If going single unit from DE then I'd keep it this way. If taking the above advise you can manage with units of 3 and they are much better due to fearless and 'latest experiments' rules.

The incubi look fine and I'm assuming the chain snares was to use the last 5? These could be better spent on say HWGs for the archon or other things. I would suggest losing the splinter cannons from the warriors and actually the dark lances as well. These pts would be better spent IMO by adding blasters to your venom warriors instead due to the effects of jink and the cost/per shot of a non relentless splinter cannon.

Beastmasters are a nice inclusion. I used to take flock heavy units quite awhile back. However they've seen a pretty significant nerf and that along with the proliferation of high strength high RoF weapons kinda pushes them out. If you want beasts I can recommend either single model units of lone fiends or 11-12 man units focusing on khymera with 1-2 actual BMs for leadership. Both have their merits and I've had good success with either and even both together.  

The razorwing I would add a splinter cannon to and night shields as well.

Scourges need to ditch the dark lances. They are a poor static platform for such expensive weaponry compared to other options we have. Instead you can either double up on HWBs, go with melta for DS option or even consider blasters although this last is expensive. All are superior to the dark lance build though IMO.

Thats what I got for now.

Edit- forgot to add don't buy the grotesque models, or at least not more than 1 per unit max. Convert them instead. Much cheaper and much more dynamic poses.
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

PostSubject: Re: 1850 New to Dark Eldar Army List   1850 New to Dark Eldar Army List I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14 2015, 08:20

I would drop the beast masters and so on for a unito of 1-2 talos. They're quite hard to crack and i've found that putting them co control the centre of the table make your opponent to turn around him, exposing to fast MSU stragies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 New to Dark Eldar Army List   1850 New to Dark Eldar Army List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 New to Dark Eldar Army List
Page 1 of 1