THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-

Go down 
+13
alexwellace
LilLoser
Anterzhul
Panic_Puppet
Vasara
Count Adhemar
Devilogical
Unorthodoxy
Martinman
Grokfog
Timatron
Expletive Deleted
Skari
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Skari
Wych
Skari

20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  Empty
PostSubject: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeMon May 05 2014, 17:26

When you are learning to play with a particular 40k list the best way to get good at it is to playtest it! 20 games, in my opinion, are the minimum number of games that one should play against as many different opponents as possible. This will give you a good idea of what your units are capable of doing within the game against a variety of different opponents and different missions.

I have already done a few different journeys. For WHFB I did it with my Tomb Kings. For 40k I have done it for Coven Dark Eldar and I recently finished one with Vect as the main focus. The time has come for a change! What better than to learn the ins and outs of a list that one does not see very often on the tables?
(Taken from the Apocalypse Dataslate)
Quote :
The Dark Olympiad.
The three-year build up to a Dark Olympiad consists of a gruelling program of gladiatorial contests. During the Olympiad's finale a major realspace portal is opened in the centre of the gladiatorial arena, and Wych Cult and audience alike are invited to pour into the realm of mortals to bathe in an orgy of killing. Only the finest of stimulants and steroids are used by the performers for their grand finale, and the Beastmasters of each Cult ensure that their creatures are similarly enhanced to maximize the carnage they so love to inflict, bathing in the blood of the slain and invigorating those Dark Eldar nearby with their wanton slaughter. She who takes the most lives and returns to Commoragh alive is declared Queen of the Olympiad.

So, THIS will be the object of my newfound journey. I know it is going to be a hard army to master because of the nuances of the new edition, and if rumored 7th is something that is to happen... who knows what this will mean for the theme of the force.

So, as per the Dataslate these are the requirements for the formation:
20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  IMG-20140504-00486_zps87b6c471

Keeping this in mind. I have begun drafting up the new list that I will be using. So stay tuned for that! Keep up to date with this thread for batreps, unit analysis, as well as general thoughts on the theme! Let the journey BEGIN.

I shall Update the First post here with the games as the batreps/reviews get posted:
Skari wrote:
The Journey:

-The Series-
Olympiad Game 1 - vs Chaos Space Marines - 500pts - Video
Olympiad Game 2 - vs Eldar - 1500pts - Video
Olympiad Game 3 - vs Tau - 1500pts - Video
Olympiad Game 4 - vs Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts - Written
Olympiad Game 5 - vs Eldar - 1500pts - Video
Game 6 vs Eldar - 1500pts (WIP)
Game 7 vs Necrons - 1500pts (WIP)
Game 8 vs Eldar - 1500pts (WIP)
Game 9 vs Space Marines - 1500pts (WIP)
Game 10 vs Tau - 1500pts (WIP)
Game 11 vs Orks - 1500pts (WIP)

Youtube Channel

Last edited by Skari on Sun Aug 17 2014, 02:53; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeMon May 05 2014, 17:43

I ran something similar in an escalation league that just ended. Question is, are you limited to the dataslate, because that leaves no heavy support. If I might suggest razorwing jetfighters as a heavy support choice, since they're fluffy and also have a dataslate.

Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeMon May 05 2014, 17:52

The Dataslate will serve as a template for the "core" of the army. I will include a ravager that is crewed by wytches and will also include a razorwing (as the pilot is a reaver). I am well aware I will need the fire support.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 01:51

Sounds like an exciting new venture Skari. Look forward to watching some sweet batreps. Maybe I can try and tune in for another of you SK:TV episodes and we can have another chat. Just out of interest, what is the benefit for using that formation in apocalypse?
Back to top Go down
Grokfog
Slave
Grokfog

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 02:07

I'm really excited for this one. I'd love to run a Wych army, but I know I'm not a good enough general to grasp the subtleties of the army in 6th edition.
I'll wish you the very best of luck in this journey Skari :-)
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 02:22

, there is an SK TV episode happenin tonight! 9:30 pm . Dark Eldar vs Iron Hands.

As for the formation... The army rolls two dice for drugs, and applies BOTH results, beasts and beastpack masters gain combat drugs, and if any unit from the dark olympiad gains a pain token another friendly unit within 24" gains one as well.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Martinman
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 02:47

I tuned in to the video, but had to get some sleep before it really got started.  I really like the idea of these videos though, and hope I can catch one some time. I was logged on, and couldn't fine any way to ask questions, though. I guess that's youtube's fault, and not yours.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 21:46

It was awesome, thanks for answering my questions and comments Skari. Did you see my Guest Editorial on BOLS today? Couldn't believe BigRed used it!
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeThu May 08 2014, 15:44

Ys, I did see the editorial. Pretty awesome. Thanks for tunininto the feeds tho!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeThu May 08 2014, 17:57

I agree with this methodology. I use the 20 games to learn about my enemies. I try to get as good as i can with the new codex so that when playing Tau or my Sisters, i can defeat the enemy!

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeThu May 08 2014, 19:34

I run this formation for our Apoc. Its done pretty well - lots of blood and gore  Twisted Evil 

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 00:17

Thanks for the comments. Running a wych cult is going to he hard... But I am looking forward to the challenge.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 07:07

Skari wrote:
Thanks for the comments. Running a wych cult is going to he hard... But I am looking forward to the challenge.

believe me - it`s not hard. It`s funny and pretty cool. I win lots of games with my cult against marines (most of all), IG (militarium ))), Eldar, Chaos (both types) and even Tau of 6th ed.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 12:11

What's your list?

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 13:41

I usualy experiment with different units
U mean entire wych list?

Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 14:06

You said you win with wych s as to the core makeup of your army.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 14:24

Having Wyches in your list is not the same as having a Wych list.

Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 17:48

Count Adhemar wrote:
Having Wyches in your list is not the same as having a Wych list.

I know, man  Very Happy  I am not that stupid :p
I have almost 80% (or even more) army filled wth wyches, beastmasters, hellions and reavers.

When played against marines (we have a lot it our local club) i usualy field 3-5 units of wyches in transports and some support (beast work as a shield, reavers make point-strikes, some ravager, "Razorwing" or ''Reaper'' maybe for HS etc.)

Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 17:51

That`s why i like this "Dark olympyad" in Apoc book - i have everything what i need for it and even more!  Twisted Evil 

And what is most important (in my opinion) i start doin Wych cult right when i start making DE army (in 5 edition my army was horrible)

Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 18:45

someone said there was a new dataslatye in white Dwarf for Dark Eldar?

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 19:07

Unorthodoxy wrote:
someone said there was a new dataslatye in white Dwarf for Dark Eldar?

Tomorrow perhaps and it is supposed to be kabalite.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 20:07

Yes, the old Kabalite Air Strike force... They all arrive turn 1 and as fliers.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeSat May 10 2014, 00:45

Oh, cool, so if I buy the White Dwarf I can use the rules straight from that? Or it's an advert for a digital product?
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeSat May 10 2014, 07:45

Timatron wrote:
Oh, cool, so if I buy the White Dwarf I can use the rules straight from that? Or it's an advert for a digital product?

doesn`t it only use in Apoc games?

Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitimeSat May 10 2014, 10:59

Timatron wrote:

It's advertised on the website under the model bundle that the rules are exclusively available in White Dwarf. And it's Apocalypse only, as it's a Formation as opposed to a Dataslate, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-    20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad  -July12th-  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

20 Game Journey - The Path of the Dark Olympiad -July12th-
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next