THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed

Go down 
+11
Dogmar
Starkadder
Devilogical
Silverglade
MurDok
Mandor
Count Adhemar
Dethric
Deamon
Korwey
Tony Spectacular
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed Empty
PostSubject: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeWed May 21 2014, 18:56

So here are pics of all of the new psy cards. Looks like we are going to continue being shut out of the Psyker game. It makes perfect sense, fluffwise, but damn...they created a whole phase we don't get to take advantage of. Hopefully the new book will give us some powerhouse options to shut Psykers down.

http://daemons40k.blogspot.com/2014/05/behold-every-psychic-power-in-whole-game.html
Back to top Go down
Korwey
Hellion
Korwey

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeWed May 21 2014, 19:02

Damn! a whole game phase where my Reavers won't do any damage Sad
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeWed May 21 2014, 19:03

At least we're mostly untouched by the Biomancy buff.

I'm also glad to see the CSM gets Divination. Go Arhiman!
Back to top Go down
Dethric
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeWed May 21 2014, 20:43

Hehe. Seems pretty good. I like it.
Some powers seems strong, but then again, Everything requires at least two dice per Warp Charge to get above 50% chance of success, so i guess factions with psykers might want to bring some extra "batteries" and not have to trust the WC die to be able to cast their spells.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeWed May 21 2014, 23:40

No more Puppet Master. BOOOO!
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeWed May 21 2014, 23:58

Then again, Invisibility is even more godly than it was before.
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 04:04

We still get our deny the witch dice in the psy phase, so we're not totally out of it.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 05:44

MurDok wrote:
We still get our deny the witch dice in the psy phase, so we're not totally out of it.

You didn't seriously just say that did you?

That's like saying "oh they dropped their nukes on us. At least we can still hide under this desk and pray"  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 07:17

God damnt! I only recently have bought my own psyhic cards!

So, the psyhic phase IS after movement ?
Back to top Go down
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 11:11

Will have to see how it will work in game terms, but I like the idea of wyches in a Raider + farseer with Hammerhand and Sanctuary.

s5 (potentially 6 with some pain tokens) wyches with 3+ invuns? Yes please!

A squad of 9 in combat with s5, 3++ and FNP 5+ would be hard to shift.

20 s4 Smurf attacks causing on average around 2 wounds (before FNP)...

Chuck in presience and some good combat drug rolls and we become even harder hitters in return...

As ever, the problem would be getting them there.
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 12:02

The problem is that anyone but GK suffers perils on any double while casting Sanctity powers... which means it is dangerous for Eldar and not very reliable.
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 12:18

Dogmar wrote:
The problem is that anyone but GK suffers perils on any double while casting Sanctity powers... which means it is dangerous for Eldar and not very reliable.

Assuming the Ghost Helm still works: not that scary.

Also: Huskblade Archon with Hammerhand. Hmmm....  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 12:31

Or you could try for some s9 ubergrots...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 12:33

I think we have to assume that the Ghost Helm will have at least some sort of change. At the moment it ignores a wound from perils but as wounds are not the only result of perils now that would probably need to be changed. It also costs a warp charge and that doesn't make much sense in an edition where warp charges are pooled for your whole army.
Back to top Go down
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 12:40

Do you think we will see more Malys? I'd imagine she will be nerfed in the next codex - overall invulnerability to psychic powers for a squad (I assume this includes witchfire) would be very strong.
Back to top Go down
Revilo44
Slave
Revilo44

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 13:10

Nice to see the cards at last. wont help dark eldar though.
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 16:02

Assuming the Ghost Helm lets you ignore the effect of perils at the expense of a Warp Charge (out of the pool obviously) would mean the Ghost Helm just got super awesome Wink

I agree though, for pure DE the psychic phase looks like thorough beating with the short end of the stick - wow I'm mixing up metaphors here, I find the nuke-desk analogy from before quite fitting.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 16:04

I'm not looking forward to seeing Invisible super-scoring Blood Angel Land Raiders sitting on objectives, that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 16:26

Does the invisible spell work in close combat?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 16:39

Zenotaph wrote:
Does the invisible spell work in close combat?

Yep. Snap shots when shooting anf 6's to hit in assault.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 16:41

Somehow I know, that I really don't like that spell...
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 16:43

Maybe to offset our not having Psychic powers, we'll get a bonus to deny. That would make sense, right? We've eschewed Psychic powers for ages, and so have developed ways to shut them down. Don't want Her waking up, now, do we?
Back to top Go down
Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 16:49

So we can make Assault work somewhat if we ally in Eldar Psychers again.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 18:01

Tony Spectacular wrote:
Maybe to offset our not having Psychic powers, we'll get a bonus to deny. That would make sense, right? We've eschewed Psychic powers for ages, and so have developed ways to shut them down. Don't want Her waking up, now, do we?

I think Haemi will be given some tools to fight back psykers
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 22:17

Devilogical wrote:
Tony Spectacular wrote:

I think Haemi will be given some tools to fight back psykers

If at all we'll get that in a new codex, but I doubt it. As it stands, you get a pool of D6 + total of Mastery Levels in the army to deny, same as your opponent gets to cast. This means we'll get flat D6... you can see we'll have problems even without doing the math, and you'll start to cry if you actually do it.

On the topic of invisibility: A lot of psychic armies are going to play "who can get invisibility on the best unit" in the future. I mean you can technically make a unit of 20 flesh hounds, or a beast star, or a seer council practically flying. With the exception of being able to assault them, but even then you'll hit on 6s... almost an invulnerability button on the right units.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed   The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new rulebook Psychic powers revealed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next