THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge Empty
PostSubject: It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge   It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri May 23 2014, 20:38

[Edit: 5/28/2014 or 28/5/2014 Warning This is becoming Pic Heavy.]

So i have decided to attempt to get my Cryx Colossal painted and what better motivation then submitting it for a painting challenge.

I'll be updating as often as I can as I progress with this challenge I have till the 16th of june so lets hope I make it Very Happy 

Update 1:

I have finished priming and base coating the large areas of the upper body. Lucky for me I have the base already done. Plenty more to do.

It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge 20140523_153226_zpsvbzdfgvd

Space Elves get a pass.

Last edited by lululu_42 on Thu May 29 2014, 04:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge   It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri May 23 2014, 23:26

Last update for today but I got the gold on the upper body base coated.
It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge 20140523_182321_zpsnchfy5ju

I think I got a good amount done today.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge   It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge I_icon_minitimeSat May 24 2014, 22:57

Looks like it's coming along well. I look forward to seeing the end result. Smile

It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge   It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge I_icon_minitimeSat May 24 2014, 23:29

Got more done plenty of the metal is base coated and i started working on the edging. Tomorrow I'll be working on the graboid/tenticals and cannon.

It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge 20140524_182634_zpsg6bm3rbm

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge   It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 03:47

Memorial DAY! okay hope everyone enjoyed there memorial day food especially those who served and are still serving there countries.

It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge 20140526_220324_zpspusjrswm

Okay I got the graboids somewhat done I hate painting metal stuff some form of a metal so it got a sepia ink wash and I'll do some highlights another day. I got half of the shading done on the top of the Kraken by the smoke stacks and I'll probably get to the other half on Wednesday, but its getting there. Or I might make the pink stand out more in the shading not sure if it would become to bright.

Thoughts?

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge   It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 06:21

What do your other Cryx jacks look like? I stopped playing right after the MK II rules came out, but have caught myself looking over the Warmachine shelves now that a group started playing at the LFGS again... I assume that this 'jack is one of the newer big ones? Makes me want to scratch my Cryx itch again.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge   It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 18:39

Evil Space Elves wrote:
What do your other Cryx jacks look like? I stopped playing right after the MK II rules came out, but have caught myself looking over the Warmachine shelves now that a group started playing at the LFGS again... I assume that this 'jack is one of the newer big ones? Makes me want to scratch my Cryx itch again.

Yea its the Cryx Colossal the Kraken! Here is a few shots of some of the random models I have finished painted. There are tons more that are half painted Primed started painting and even many more that are just put together. I have about 347 pts worth of Cryx and growing and 8 warcasters that I can physically play at anytime. And thats just one faction I still have the Trolls I just got this year and minions which i'll be working on at some point too.

It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge 20140103_150113_zpsxltcfpzh
It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge 20131225_151144_zpstiubqrdc
It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge 20131225_150949_zpslbj0enhv

I have another pic but its old and blurry when I have my two tournament lists complete I'll post up pictures here.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge   It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 22:12

Looks treally cool, you DO make purple and pink work!

lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge   It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2014, 04:07

update  for 5/28/2014 or 28/5/2014

Got a crap ton done and slowly moving to the lower part.

It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge 20140528_230003_zpsegywpwbk

Also i just realized Evil Space Elves that you asked for jacks and not small things I don't really have any pics of jacks I'll get on that as soon as I can sorry about that.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge   It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2014, 06:10

lululu_42 wrote:

Also i just realized Evil Space Elves that you asked for jacks and not small things I don't really have any pics of jacks I'll get on that as soon as I can sorry about that.
 Razz no problem. My Cryx look very similar to my DE, and your jack is really making me want to drag them out.....

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge   It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04 2014, 23:19

Okay this will be my last update till I finish and hand in the pictures for the challenge. So as a bonus I put him on his base so you can get an idea of how he looks 75% complete.

It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge 20140604_181114_zpsxyezofzo

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge   It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13 2014, 22:56

Random update. Just submitted the digital photos to the contest so i wont know how i did till probably mid july.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge   It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 21:44

Okay Been a while but unfortunately I didn't get my Kraken in the magazine but looking at First, Second, and Third I can't be angry those models are gorgeous!. It was a fun project and it kicked me into getting my Kraken painted more than anything else.

Plan for the next time I decide to enter is to have a photobox and not do another huge based model or have a airbrush kit for bigger models.

Photo dump.
It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge 20140612_185217_zpsf280734d
It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge 20140612_185202_zpsc6b0863b
It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge 20140612_185147_zps38609639
It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge 20140612_185238_zps7e2cccbb

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge   It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's A Huge Jack! Painting Challenge
Page 1 of 1