THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New FAQs now available.

Go down 
+26
Aroban
Count Adhemar
Jimsolo
Squidmaster
MurDok
Razorfate
Blank05
ligolski
Niceguy_5000
Tittliewinks22
Trystis
lacklusterdrachon
Mayk0l
Dogmar
Devilogical
Dethric
Expletive Deleted
Dethdispenser
Barking Agatha
Starkadder
DrakeHarkonnen
Mr Believer
Thor665
Deamon
Zenotaph
clively
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
clively
Sybarite
clively

New FAQs now available. Empty
PostSubject: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 16:43

The FAQs for 7e are now available:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 16:58

Not much news here, as I see it. Although, the harlequins are now on the new eldar codex level.

Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 17:05

No mention of allies not being able to use the WWP... the completely removed this... I Wonder if it means it's legal now?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 17:14

They did provide us with official hull points though - good move.

Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 17:18

Nothing to fix daemons either. A sentence along the lines of "No more than one Conjuration power may be manifested per psychic phase," perhaps.

Hellion
DrakeHarkonnen

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 17:19

There is also not a section about needing power from pain to benefit from pain tokens, so the beast pack can generate them because of beastmasters and baron and the whole unit gets the benefit as it's stated in the codex
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 17:29

That only applies to battle brothers, doesn't it?

Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 17:42

I read this as webway portals can now be used by allies.

From the DE codex:
"From then on any of your units arriving from reserve" p62

I suppose the only restriction might now be that it will be FAQ'd to only apply to your present detachment. I think more likely allies can now benefit from it - it seems to be the direction they're pushing the game in.

I'm not so sure on power from pain...

DE codex p25: 'whenever a Dark Eldar (no allies) unit with this rule...'

I don't think from the wording that one model confers it to all the others. However, there is the section a little further down which reads:

'if an independent character leaves a unit with one or more pain tokens you must divide them as equally as possible'. No mention here about the independent character requiring power from pain (although the whole section is 'Dark Eldar Special Rules'.

So. Allies through webway is in, IMO; baron with a pain token is a bit more questionable.

Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 17:47

Also, Shadowseers got their 'veil of tears' power back not just shrouded and stealth as per the old FAQ.

Hellion
DrakeHarkonnen

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 17:48

The codex states the pain token gives the benefit to the entire unit. 6th ed faq stated that in the instance of a unit in which some had Power from pain only those with the rule would benefit from the pain token. This section is no longer in the faq.
Back to top Go down
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 17:55

DrakeHarkonnen wrote:
The codex states the pain token gives the benefit to the entire unit.  6th ed faq stated that in the instance of a unit in which some had Power from pain only those with the rule would benefit from the pain token.  This section is no longer in the faq.

Does 'conferring to the entire unit' mean that Eldar IC's in a unit that has PfP will get the benefit of the PT?

Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 17:57

Why not? When the special rule says, if at least one model in the unit has it...

Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 18:17

This may well need another FAQ.  There is a case to be made here for a haemonculus joining a unit of Wraithguard conferring FNP on them by virtue of his pain token.

No definite answers here, but just to flesh out the discussion...

RAW it looks like this:

Unit of Dark Eldar some with some without PfP
All models get the benefit of the pain token as per p25 (above).

Unit of Dark Eldar with Eldar IC attached
Slightly more dubious, but probably benefiting from the pain token at the moment.  It depends if this is a 'mixed' unit as the rule states that it must be a 'dark eldar' unit with the pfp rule... if he joins the unit after they have gained the token it seems more certain as they were a 'dark eldar' unit when the token was gained.

Unit of Eldar joined by a Dark Eldar IC with a pain token
If the token was gained before he/she joined the unit, RAW it could be argued that it confers the benefit to them as per p25.  The requirement is that it is a Dark Eldar unit with PfP that gains the token; however the section on conferring the benefit clearly states that it 'confers a special rule to the entire unit'.

However, the use of 'the' here seems to envisage that this is the original Dark Eldar unit (mentioned in the sentence above) so this doesn't really take us any further.

This tallies with the next section being 'sharing the pain' i.e. what happens when tokens start to move from the original unit they were gained in.  Here it states that if a Dark Eldar unit is joined by one or more characters all of the pain tokens for the unit are pooled.  On the pro-allies getting pain token benefits, the reading required here is that this is simply covering occasions when, like in the example they provide, there are multiple tokens floating around.  For a haemi joining a unit of wraithguard this is not the case.

A Haemi joining a unit of Wraithguard was a dark eldar unit when he gained the token.  Following RAW (on the readings above) it seems like its benefits might then apply to the squad he joins.  However, this is based on a very artificial reading of the 'Power from Pain' section.

The 'each pain token confers a special rule to the entire unit' sentence is clearly referring to the 'Dark Eldar unit' mentioned in the sentence above it.  This is the only part of the rule which is worded in this open way. The next section (sharing the pain) makes it clear that it applies to Dark Eldar units only in the first sentence.

My $0.02...

Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 18:33

Starkadder wrote:

I suppose the only restriction might now be that it will be FAQ'd to only apply to your present detachment.

I doubt it. I don't think they put a lot of effort into the FAQs. Also, I don't think they really understand what 'faqs' means:

Quote :
Q: Lhamaeans confer their Mistress of Poisons special rule onto the Archon they belong to. When do I nominate which Court of the Archon belongs to which Archon?

That is not a 'Frequently Asked Question', it's a 'Question That Has Never Been Asked By Anyone, Anywhere, Ever'!
Back to top Go down
Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 18:37

Plus side is Helturkey's got the nerf stick. No more 360 arc of fire. It is now a hull mounted weapon and must determine arc of fire from the gun. Woo.
Back to top Go down
DrakeHarkonnen
Hellion
DrakeHarkonnen

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 18:38

The wording of power from pain may end up being just a product of the edition the codex was written in as they may not have had allies on their mind in 5th and definitely needs clarification. They just happened to remove the clarification with their new FAQ.
Back to top Go down
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 18:40

Barking Agatha wrote:

Quote :
Q: Lhamaeans confer their Mistress of Poisons special rule onto the Archon they belong to. When do I nominate which Court of the Archon belongs to which Archon?

That is not a 'Frequently Asked Question', it's a 'Question That Has Never Been Asked By Anyone, Anywhere, Ever'!

Ha.

Looks like the Dais can now take Raider upgrades too? no stipulation it can't anymore, so it is treated 'exactly like a raider' (p55)

Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 18:44

DrakeHarkonnen wrote:
The wording of power from pain may end up being just a product of the edition the codex was written in as they may not have had allies on their mind in 5th and definitely needs clarification.  They just happened to remove the clarification with their new FAQ.

Agreed. I was just following through the logical implications of it all. I think basically as is, Eldar IC's joining DE units would be covered and nothing else.

Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 18:47

Barking Agatha wrote:
Starkadder wrote:

I suppose the only restriction might now be that it will be FAQ'd to only apply to your present detachment.

I doubt it. I don't think they put a lot of effort into the FAQs. Also, I don't think they really understand what 'faqs' means:

Quote :

In 2000 point games, I bring four Archons with three courts. This distinction is very super important.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 19:08

Well, i guess a Cronos can provide pain tokens to for example an allied unit of whatever now, i can't find any restrictions on that either.

Also it seems like we can no longer Tank Shock or Ram, at all. We do not have anything with the "tank" type. Which is a requirement Razz

Last edited by Dethric on Tue May 27 2014, 19:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 19:32

Dethric wrote:
Well, i guess a Cronos can provide pain tokens to for example an allied unit of whatever now, i can't find any restrictions on that either.

No - all of what is in my long post above would still apply. Only units with pfp (or containing a model with pfp) can benefit from pain tokens. I don't see any possible reading that would allow you to throw them to a vanilla allied unit on its own.

Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 19:40

Expletive Deleted wrote:

In 2000 point games, I bring four Archons with three courts. This distinction is very super important.

No you don't! Smile

But okay. 'Mistress of Poisons' says 'all poisoned weapons, both shooting and close-combat'. So... splinter pistols, venom blades, and... that's all, but venom blades already wound on a 2+, so... that just leaves the splinter pistol. I kind of doubt that large mobs of dark eldar players were banging on GW's doors clamouring, 'Which Archon's splinter pistol wounds on a 4+ and which one's on a 2+? We must know, for the outcome of the game hangs in the balance!'

Dethric wrote:

Maybe, but the allied unit wouldn't gain anything from it, since they don't have 'power from pain'?
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 19:47

Zenotaph wrote:
Why not? When the special rule says, if at least one model in the unit has it...

Only unit with Power from pain will get benefits from pain tokens. So no FnP or FC on allied Farseer.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 19:53

Devilogical wrote:
Zenotaph wrote:

Only unit with Power from pain will get benefits from pain tokens. So no FnP or FC on allied Farseer.

Yes but potentially on a Farseer if he joins a Dark Eldar unit that has pain tokens (see longer post above...)

Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 19:57

The part about not being able to assault out of WWPs is also gone. However I'm wondering where it said we could in the past. It's been so long ago and in the Codex it says units entering from a webway portal do so "exactly like entering from a table edge" from where you can't assault anyway. I'm surely missing something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New FAQs now available.   New FAQs now available. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New FAQs now available.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: