THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Helldrakes nerfed!

Go down 
+2
Siticus the Ancient
Mushkilla
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Helldrakes nerfed! Empty
PostSubject: Helldrakes nerfed!   Helldrakes nerfed! I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 21:15

The new FAQ says Helldrakes treat their weapons as hull mounted, meaning they have a fyring arc!

*does dance*

Combined with vector strike only being 1 hit on non FMC/Flyer targets and it looks like the drake has taken a battering. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

Helldrakes nerfed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helldrakes nerfed!   Helldrakes nerfed! I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 21:52

These changes to Heldrake & Flying Demon Circus pal lists, as well as the many subtle changes to the way Screamerstar and Jetseerstar work, also MCs never being able to be joined by ICs, ever, have really changed many of the super cheddar lists out there. These changes alone are actually worthy of a new edition.

Honestly, the more I read the changes, the more positive my outlook grows. Lots of good changes even if there are still some old murky rules.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

Helldrakes nerfed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helldrakes nerfed!   Helldrakes nerfed! I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 22:09

Agreed. Even as a CSM player I can't justify complaining about it; Drakes needed to be powered down.
No more crazy FMC/psyker spam is great for everyone except Tyranids, who complain incessantly now.
7e has a lot of subtle balances we're noticing as we go, almost entirely for the better so far.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

Helldrakes nerfed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helldrakes nerfed!   Helldrakes nerfed! I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 22:11

Agree with the above. I'm excited for this edition so far!!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Helldrakes nerfed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helldrakes nerfed!   Helldrakes nerfed! I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 22:43

Siticus the Ancient wrote:
These changes alone are actually worthy of a new edition.

Worthy of a FAQ about 18 months ago, more like!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Helldrakes nerfed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helldrakes nerfed!   Helldrakes nerfed! I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 01:36

Very Happy

So true.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

Helldrakes nerfed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helldrakes nerfed!   Helldrakes nerfed! I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 12:58

Count Adhemar wrote:

Worthy of a FAQ about 18 months ago, more like!

While that's true about Heldrakes, it would be far more difficult to nerf Screamerstars and Jetseer councils running rampant. For tuning them down, the new psychic phase was needed. Still there are things that require FAQs, such as the Infiltrate and ICs with it joining units without it... Guess we'll have to wait for the next paid FA- uh, I mean, edition to clarify it!

Also funny, but the Exalted Flamer Chariot can finally do its job. Hooray?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Helldrakes nerfed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helldrakes nerfed!   Helldrakes nerfed! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helldrakes nerfed!
Page 1 of 1