THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Guess what will be nerfed

Go down 
+15
|Meavar
Britishgrotesque
wormfromhell
Burnage
Devilogical
Barrywise
CurstAlchemist
ncshooter426
FuelDrop
Mppqlmd
Keast Kannegaard
Skulnbonz
TheBaconPope
The Strange Dark One
dumpeal
19 posters
AuthorMessage
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Guess what will be nerfed Empty
PostSubject: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26 2018, 20:29

With the new codex release, what do you pessimistically think will get worse?

I say:

-Higher cost for Dark lances
-Increase raider and venom cost
-Remove phantasm grenade launcher
-Crucible of malediction only target a single psycker.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26 2018, 20:35

I don't think we will receive any meaningful nerfs, with exception of maybe Dark Lances. Because why would they let us keep this reasonably priced piece of wargear that is our only reliable source of anti tank? Razz

I am only afraid that they will leave 90% of the available choices useless.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26 2018, 20:46

I don't forsee any meaningful nerfs. Dark Lances are pretty balanced. I'd imagine that Razorwing Jetfighters will get a bump, along with maybe Mandrakes and the EC Whip. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Haemy's ability only affected infantry and monsters.

But honestly..what is there to nerf?

Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26 2018, 21:44

Everything in here:
Guess what will be nerfed S-l300

Keast Kannegaard
Hellion
Keast Kannegaard

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26 2018, 21:51

Venoms -1 to hit and no decreasing profile is pretty awesome
All vehicles got a 5++.
Poison, tho not that good v GEQ, is still pretty v anything else.
Dissies also very good tho high price.
Blasters is a mini DL
Voidraven and RVJ probably some of the best flyers in the game.
Fast moving.
Scourges ofc as Deep striking AT platforms or anti elite
Mandrakes maybe havent used them,
Incubi is good
Agoniser is fairly decent to be honest.
Sslyths + archon.
Being able to tailor stats on units with drugs also in theory is very strong, the units you can do this on is tho lackluster atm.
Power from Pain is nice especially with webway.
Ravagers with the 5++ and 3 DL.

A fair bit of stuff they can nerf i think Razz All stuff ppl have complained about on different forums Razz
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26 2018, 21:52

- Ossefactor will be clarified so that the MW no longer give generate mortal wounds, that's for sure.
- Scourges might rise in points, to make Reavers more appealing as a special weapon platform.
- Beasts will get a massive overhaul, probably nerfing them to make Wyches look better
- That kind of thing.

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 00:07

Wyches OP need nerf.
Reavers need nerf to make Custodes bikes point efficient. And are too fast.
Hellions deal too much damage and are too durable for their cost.
Poison OP Nerf Now!
Back to top Go down
ncshooter426
Hellion
ncshooter426

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 00:20

FuelDrop wrote:
Wyches OP need nerf.
Reavers need nerf to make Custodes bikes point efficient. And are too fast.
Hellions deal too much damage and are too durable for their cost.
Poison OP Nerf Now!

Guess what will be nerfed 282b93ffbdd027a05291d016e14bc0712b2f9ab2c33a60fb560a528b03913b0e

+ Necrons are coming 2017
+ Sons of Medusa WIP
================
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 00:47

And don't get me started on the Talos. Too strong, too tough, too many weapons. Needs to be cut back.

Trueborn need a price boost, and Warriors are overequipped for their role. Their rifles should be optional extras for squad leaders, not standard issue!
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 02:48

- Trueborn cut (no unique box for them being the reason)
- Blood Brides cut (no unique box for them being the reason)
- Scourge remain the same point cost but lose Ghostplate armor and can only take 1 special and 1 heavy weapon (they are now just Kabalites with wings).
- pfp now requires a 6+ on one die in order to activate at the beginning of the turn (you only roll once to see if it activates for the entire army or if the entire army goes without it that turn). There is a 3 point strategem that allows you to reroll a failure.
- Splinter Rifles are now 12" range, rapid fire 2 and cost 2 points.
- Beastmasters point cost doubled.
- Beasts point cost quadrupled.

Last edited by CurstAlchemist on Sat Jan 27 2018, 06:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 05:55

-Dark Eldar too fast, now they just aren't allowed to move at all. Unless it's a ship with a sail, you have to go outside, measure the wind speed and direction and the ship is allowed to move that many inches. In that direction.

-Mandrakes have a chance of getting stuck in the shadows now, on the roll of a 1+ they just don't appear at all.

-On the roll of a 6+ an enemy Archon sabotaged your webway travel route and your entire army dies before you even reach the field.

-You have to send GW a message before the game for Vect's approval of raids. Without it, the enemy is allowed to summon up to 10,000 pts of Black Heart Kabal.

-When your models die, your opponent is allowed to throw them across the room, because that's what your Archon they would've wanted for weak subordinates.

Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 08:13

Barrywise wrote:
-Dark Eldar too fast, now they just aren't allowed to move at all. Unless it's a ship with a sail, you have to go outside, measure the wind speed and direction and the ship is allowed to move that many inches. In that direction.

-Mandrakes have a chance of getting stuck in the shadows now, on the roll of a 1+ they just don't appear at all.

-On the roll of a 6+ an enemy Archon sabotaged your webway travel route and your entire army dies before you even reach the field.

-You have to send GW a message before the game for Vect's approval of raids. Without it, the enemy is allowed to summon up to 10,000 pts of Black Heart Kabal.

-When your models die, your opponent is allowed to throw them across the room, because that's what your Archon they would've wanted for weak subordinates.

Laughing Laughing Laughing lol!

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 10:37

How fast this thread has resolved to trolling is amazing O.O

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 10:43

Mppqlmd wrote:
How fast this thread has resolved to trolling is amazing O.O

Well we have nothing that legitimately needs nerfing and a history of GW nerfing stuff that is already suffering. So trolling is kinda our best option.

What in our index should be nerfed, legitimately? Nothing. None of our stuff is overperforming in such a way that a nerf is required.

But GW will probably Nerf anyway, so we're going with the most outlandish options available.

I say Nerf the characters! Raise their cost, cut their wargear! They've had it too good for too long!
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 15:01

We have a couple of things that I could genuinely see being nerfed;

- Kabalites are a huge outlier in terms of Eldar troop effectiveness, so could plausibly be raised by a point or so per model (especially if there's a change to how Splinter weaponry works).
- Dark Lances might be raised in points, especially if some of our vehicles get major reductions in base point costs.
- Our fliers are very, very good. It wouldn't be outrageous for them to have a slight point increase - a Razorwing Jetfighter being 120 points before weapons wouldn't be the end of the world.
- Mandrakes are also an outlier in how effective they are per point (as several of the threads on here have shown), so could see a slight points increase
- The Haemonculus aura may no longer apply to vehicles

Basically, I'd suspect that anything that we're still seeing frequently in tournament lists is possibly going to see a slight nerf. Nothing to the extreme of the Razorwing Flock nerf, and any of these changes could be compensated for by the introduction of other beneficial rules.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 19:12

Yeah, sorry everyone, I've gotten my salt out now.

Burnage, those are good thoughts. I agree with every one of them.

-Instead of a full on nerf, I'll just say weakened, but I think Agonizers might see a point increase.
-With Blood Dancer, I daresay that Lilith might get a point increase as well because of the introduction of Blood Dancer.

Hellion
Keast Kannegaard

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 20:25

But in all seriousness... which Codex nerfed anything from the Index? At least on a mass scale...
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 21:18

Keast Kannegaard wrote:
But in all seriousness... which Codex nerfed anything from the Index? At least on a mass scale...

Not much massive has happened, but 1K sons got quite a few small pts increases.

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
Britishgrotesque
Hellion
Britishgrotesque

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 22:08

We're the point increases warranted? They have buffed a lot of thousand sons stuff, so I'm curious if they are keeping it balanced.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2018, 09:38

Fliers get a points increase.
Ravager gets a point increase.
Dark lance/dissies get a point increase.
Mandrakes get a point increase.

One random unit that makes no sense at all gets a point increase.

For the fliers and ravager it might be ok that they get the point increase (since the ravager will get it's own stratagem and hopefully the fliers as well, if it is good then it might be ok, if not then it sucks for us).

Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2018, 10:05

Britishgrotesque wrote:
We're the point increases warranted? They have buffed a lot of thousand sons stuff, so I'm curious if they are keeping it balanced.
From what I have seen only Magnus got hit a bit harder, but since he was a little too strong, they just made him... well more balanced...

... that being said it also means he has little to no synergy with Tzaangors, who are going to be the BIS units apparently, so yea... he became a much more fluffier choice and centerpiece model than an actual fully competitive choice.

EDIT: I actually kinda like this GW approach... They make a big model or unit REALLY good, all those powergamers buy hundreds of them, GW lets them play with them for a half a year and boom. Nerf it into balance... I expect Cultists losing "Heretic Astartes" Keyword soon... Now it is Tzaangor time to shine... :-D
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2018, 14:43

I just got a load of new Mandrakes.

So Mandrakes will get nerfed.

And then a week later, go up in points, at the same time as Dark Reapers dropping in points.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Red Corsair
Kabalite Warrior
Red Corsair

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2018, 23:16

Well currently Dark Reapers are OP so I would expect GW to do the only thing they know how to and nerf the Ravager...
Back to top Go down
zelatar
Kabalite Warrior
zelatar

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31 2018, 04:00

Barrywise wrote:
-On the roll of a 6+ an enemy Archon sabotaged your webway travel route

I feel like DE would work very well with Skaven mechanics; give us some crazy improvements and some equally crazy drawbacks (Hellpit-style Talos rules, etc.). I'd be all about it.

PostSubject: Re: Guess what will be nerfed   Guess what will be nerfed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guess what will be nerfed
Page 1 of 1