THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Baron's Redemption! My Coven 2000 pt list!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

The Baron's Redemption! My Coven 2000 pt list!!! Empty
PostSubject: The Baron's Redemption! My Coven 2000 pt list!!!   The Baron's Redemption! My Coven 2000 pt list!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02 2014, 18:33

Howdy all! Wondering what you guys thought of my coven list! The story is there's a Master Haemunculus on the rise and he needs a good archon to serve. Well, he's heard wind of the baron and how cunning he once was, and has become. He's found his archon, but the problem is the Baron rising to power! He's created an unholy alliance with Sathonyx, in exchange for access to the Baron's raiders and venoms. Together the baron will once again dwell in the upper spires of commoragh! Since bound armies can have unlimited detachments, I'll be using more than 3 heavy support! Without further adeu, here's the list:

HQ:

Haemunculus, venom blade, liquifier

Baron Sathonyx

Troops:
10 Wracks, 2 liquifier; raider
10 Wracks, 2 liquifier; raider
5 wracks, liquifier; venom, dual splinter cannon
5 wracks, liquifier; venom, dual splinter cannon

Elites:
3 Trueborn,2 splinter cannon; Venom, dual splinter cannon
3 Trueborn, 2 splinter cannon; Venom, dual splinter cannon
4 grotesques, liquifier; Raider (with haemy)

Fast Attack:
5 Beastmasters
-8 khymera
-6 Razorwing flocks

Transports:
Raider, Dark Lance
Raider, Dark Lance
Raider, Dark Lance
Venom, Dual splinter cannon

Heavy Support:
Ravager, Triple Dark Lance
Talos Pain Engine, splinter cannon, liquifier
Talos Pain Engine, splinter cannon, liquifier

Would love people's C&C

Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: The Baron's Redemption! My Coven 2000 pt list!!!   The Baron's Redemption! My Coven 2000 pt list!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03 2014, 02:35

you'd rip up infantry armies, but vehicles will be a problem for you. Only your ravagers and raiders are anti tank.

Back to top Go down
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Baron's Redemption! My Coven 2000 pt list!!!   The Baron's Redemption! My Coven 2000 pt list!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03 2014, 02:48

My grots, talos, beasts can also harm tanks
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: The Baron's Redemption! My Coven 2000 pt list!!!   The Baron's Redemption! My Coven 2000 pt list!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03 2014, 03:22

Well Django it sure looks like you're having fun!  I think a lot of players - regardless of army - get too hung up on trying to win and miss out on enjoying the army that they play.  You seem to have embraced the hobby as it was meant to be, and I love the background to your army.  Here is my strategic advice, take it with a healthy dose of salt, for I am hardly what you'd call a seasoned player. I have however, read quite a few dark eldar lists on and off this most excellent of forums. I would recommend swapping the splinter cannons on your trueborn to 3 blasters each unit, in lieu of a few of your Khymera.  Baron's shroud rule should help a lot if you hug cover (which I am is second nature to a dark eldar player ! Twisted Evil *laughs evilly*), and you'll need the razoring flocks' rending attacks more than the Khymera's ablative wound absorption.  This should compensate somewhat for your lack of ranged anti-tank power.  It is crazy how much anti-armor weaponry/gear dark eldar can and must bring to the fight.  It is imperative that you take out enemy vehicles swiftly, the Taloi might not catchup to skimmers and flyers, and the raiders will die.  Consider that I take 4 squads of wyches with haywire grenades, 2 dark lance ravagers, a dark lance Razorwing, 3 dark lance raiders, and a trueborn unit with 4 blasters in my 1500 point list, and I'm still not sure it will be enough! I'd imagine that unless there's a juicy MEQ (marine equivalent) unit for your taloi to annihilate you should send them against a plodding Land Raider or Necron Monolith where their double penetration dice (I'm assuming monstrous creatures still do that in 7th edition) can rip the tougher armor to shreds.  That'll free up your blasters and lances to take on the harder to reach tank targets, whatever or wherever they may be. I know this may sound crazy, but I wouldn't count on your taloi to make it to enemy lines in time (in tandem with the rest of your force).  A web way portal would not be out of place in this army, you just need to figure out which unit will deliver, which shouldn't be too hard. That way your taloi, and beast unit need only weather 1 round of shooting before the carnival of evil starts!  For modeling all the extra blasters, I'd recommend cutting Dark Lance barrels down to size then nicely ask your opponent about it before game.  He'll understand that you didn't want to buy 60 warriors to field 6 trueborn.  You can also use the short barrels from your spare disintegrators.  I know this has been long, but I just really want to read a follow up victory post! I'm rooting for you, and I hope this was helpful!

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Baron's Redemption! My Coven 2000 pt list!!!   The Baron's Redemption! My Coven 2000 pt list!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Baron's Redemption! My Coven 2000 pt list!!!
Page 1 of 1