THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 point Coven List double CAD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

2000 point Coven List double CAD Empty
PostSubject: 2000 point Coven List double CAD   2000 point Coven List double CAD I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16 2014, 19:30

Hey guys,

Here's my 2k coven list. It's mostly coven with a wych cult splash. Looking for C&C. Thanks!

First CAD:

HQ:

Haemy, liquifier, venom blade

Troops:
10 Wracks, 2 liquifier; Raider
10 Wracks, 2 liquifier; Raider

Elites:
4 grotesques, liquifier; Raider (with haemy)

Heavy Support:
Talos Pain Engine
Talos Pain Engine
Chronos Parasite Engine

2nd CAD:

HQ:

Baron Sathonyx

Troops:
5 wyches, haywire; Venom
5 wyches, haywire; Venom

Fast Attack:
5 Beast masters
-10 Khymera
-6 Razorwing Flock

Heavy Support:
Ravager, Triple Dark Lance
Voidraven Bomber, 4 shattershard missles, flickerfield
Voidraven Bomber, 4 shattershard missles, flickerfield

Thoughts? I'm going more for fun and fluff than competitive, but I definitely want to be competitive here. I'm also trying to figure out 7th edition... This is the first list where I haven't brought too many venoms. I'm wondering if you guys think two will be enough to put it decent work? I also don't usually run wyches, I'm hoping 5 with haywire will be decent. I'm thinking there's a lot of targets and threats to choose from, so I'll be giving my opponent a lot of decisions to make... I'm wondering what you guys think of the direction of this list?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Coven List double CAD   2000 point Coven List double CAD I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17 2014, 00:37

I personally don't like getting 4 shattershard missiles on the voidravens simply due to the possibility of them never getting to fire them due to the 4 weapon per round restriction. I'd drop 6 of the missiles to upgrade the splinter cannons on your venoms, give flickerfields to your raiders, and upgrade your parasite engine with a ranged option. This gives each voidraven a 4 shot alpha strike on the turn that it arrives(void mine, 1 missile, 2 void lances), then 2 void lances for every round it survives thereafter.
Back to top Go down
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Coven List double CAD   2000 point Coven List double CAD I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17 2014, 00:46

I apologize the venoms all havr dual cannons. As for the raiders, jinking is better most of the time than a 5+ invul.

As for the chronos, im thinking of dropping him in favor of a third talos. I dont really see the value in the chronos after thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Coven List double CAD   2000 point Coven List double CAD I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17 2014, 01:03

That's still 60 points worth of missiles you may never get to use. I'm sure you can find a way to appropriate the points. You've nearly got enough for a reaver squad just in those missiles.

If missiles are really your thing, the razorwing might be a better option. It comes with 4 of them for free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Coven List double CAD   2000 point Coven List double CAD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 point Coven List double CAD
Page 1 of 1