THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dealing with a C'tan

Go down 
+4
Count Adhemar
ZeusMendizabal
Skari
DrakeHarkonnen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DrakeHarkonnen
Hellion
DrakeHarkonnen

Dealing with a C'tan Empty
PostSubject: Dealing with a C'tan   Dealing with a C'tan I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20 2014, 00:50

I have a 1500 event in a couple weeks thats allowing Lords of War. One of our players is pretty dead set on bringing a C'tan and I've been trying to figure out how i am going to handle it.

If it's in the vault i feel like i don't have to worry as much as i can concentrate AT on it and remove a large amount of his points. The issue i'm having is with the Garg Creature version, with poison only wounding it on a 6, lances wounding it on a 5 and it has a decent save with FnP.

It can be fairly mobile so i don't think i can realistically ignore it for the game but i also think the amount of fire i need to pour into it to kill it makes that option fairly bad as well
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with a C'tan   Dealing with a C'tan I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20 2014, 02:27

Firepower. Lots of n it, or.ignore it and kill the few things we has that support it. D weapons are not.As nasty now, take advantage of this.
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
ZeusMendizabal
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with a C'tan   Dealing with a C'tan I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20 2014, 05:33

I fought a C'tan the other day in a 1500 pt game . I took first turn (thx Baron) It took six 5 man kabalites with there rifles in Venoms with extra Splinter cannons, and 15 dark lances to bring him down first turn.

Needless to say he wasn't happy when almost half his army was gone first turn and then exploded killing another 25% of his army. It was pretty sweet on my end though Wink . It was a gamble to put my army into him, but once I committed I could not change my mind and kept shooting. It paid off, Lots and lots of fire power.

Hope this helps Gl
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with a C'tan   Dealing with a C'tan I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20 2014, 07:27

The bare minimum point cost of a Transvestite C'Tan is 645 so it's certainly worth concentrating absolutely everything on it 1st turn. If you can kill it, your opponent has lost probably half his army.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with a C'tan   Dealing with a C'tan I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20 2014, 18:24

Count Adhemar wrote:
The bare minimum point cost of a Transvestite C'Tan is 645 so it's certainly worth concentrating absolutely everything on it 1st turn. If you can kill it, your opponent has lost probably half his army.

Yeah.
But he SOOOOO hard to kill.
T9
9!!!!
Even lascannon, which should desintagrete u to atoms by scratch wound him only on 4+

And furemore he is GARGANTUA!!!
God damn`t. He small like a Wraithlord. And poisons wound him on 6s. And it can hide behind almost everything!

I hate this thing.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with a C'tan   Dealing with a C'tan I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2014, 03:42

We've got oodles of poisoned weapons, which still wound him on a 6, toughness be damned, so there's that.

In addition, Vect's whoopin' stick and Agonizers both still wound the beastie on a 4+.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with a C'tan   Dealing with a C'tan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2014, 09:56

Jimsolo wrote:

In addition, Vect's whoopin' stick and Agonizers both still wound the beastie on a 4+.  

Good catch!
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with a C'tan   Dealing with a C'tan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2014, 17:36

Vasara wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:

Good catch!

Good luck with that.
That thing can stomp wraithkight. It twice as smaller an can stomp a wraithknight!
And, ofcource - instakill on almost everything in eldar\de list
Back to top Go down
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with a C'tan   Dealing with a C'tan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2014, 20:05

How do you get a C'tan with T9 and poisoined only on 6+ ?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with a C'tan   Dealing with a C'tan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2014, 20:12

Poison only wounds on a 6 against gargantuan creatures
Back to top Go down
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with a C'tan   Dealing with a C'tan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2014, 20:33

On the nécron codex the C'tan is only a monstruous creature, and there is nothing else in the FAQ. How did it get gargantua ?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with a C'tan   Dealing with a C'tan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2014, 21:50

kourac31 wrote:
On the nécron codex the C'tan is only a monstruous creature, and there is nothing else in the FAQ. How did it get gargantua ?

He's talking about the Transcendent C'tan from Apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with a C'tan   Dealing with a C'tan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dealing with a C'tan
Page 1 of 1