THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 DEldar "drop pod" list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

1850 DEldar "drop pod" list Empty
PostSubject: 1850 DEldar "drop pod" list   1850 DEldar "drop pod" list I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 18:57

So I was reading the "orbital strike" thread and liked the idea so I did my own spin on it and here's the list/results.

Primary; Dark Eldar

HQ:
Duke Sliscus
Haemy w/ Liq ×2

Elites:
Blasterborn w/hwg in venom w/dual SC ×2

Troops:
9 warriors in raider w/dissie, grisly trophies, splinter racks
9 wracks w/liq gun in raider w/dissie, trophies ×2

Heavy:
Voidraven w/necrotoxin×4, flicker fields

Allied detachment: Eldar

HQ:
Autarch on bike with lance and mantle

Troops:
WJB w/shuricannon

Allied detachment: Eldar

HQ:
Illic Nightspear

Troops:
5 rangers w/pathfinder ×2

I deployed only the autarch (out of LoS) while my shrouded pathfinders each posted up on an objective with Illic placed stupidly alone.

SW player deploys three long fangs in cover three grey Hunters the same with njal in one and a rune priest manning his quad gun. One termie with SS in front of each long fang.

SW has first turn and 1850 points of shooting kills Illic (stupid placement alone in 5+ cover :/) and 3 rangers (couldn't make 2+ shrouded saves for the life of me).

DE turn 1; no movement or psyker phase. Shooting from 4 rangers with 3 rending sees his rune priest on the gun dead. Other 3 kill a plasma gun maybe?

SW turn 2; 1850 points of continued shooting kills... 1 ranger.

DE turn 2; thanks to my autarch 7 of my reserves show up leaving only one boat of wracks in reserve. DS leaves every squad in roughly "place" except one blaster venom which mishaps and goes into ongoing reserve. Wracks on the right side liquefied a 10 man squad of grey Hunters down to a man. Blaster venom plus dukes raiders dissie wipes one entire long fang squad (bar the SS termie) by landing behind his aegis. Dukes warriors put 9 wounds onto him and he passes every one. Rangers kill a guy? Oh yeah razorwing wiffs both lance shots with snake eyes on his dread.

SW turn 3; combined fire from his remaining long fangs/Grey hunters kills 2-3 rangers (who passes 2 LD checks to hold his objective) and dukes raider. Loses his SS termie to the dukes overwatch and fails the charge through difficult with his other squad.

DE turn 3; called before finishing as my remaining blaster venom plus wrack raider land in his deployment zone on the opposite side clearing out his remaining 2 long fangs to almost nothing. With half my armies shooting remaining and only 1.25 grey Hunters remaining (one with njal because he had endurance so I never ever shot at them as they foot slogged across the board) my opponent concedes.

Losing 1 raider, 5 rangers and an Eldar HQ the Dark Eldar table with true dark eldar style. Not even showing up to the fight until he was spread out and I was able to take out 1/3rd his shooting before it ever had a non shrouded target. And leaving 2-3 of his units too far out of position to even contribute.

I love the deepstrike.

Back to top Go down
FishDeadDaemon
Slave
FishDeadDaemon

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DEldar "drop pod" list   1850 DEldar "drop pod" list I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30 2014, 00:08

Nice job with the liquifiers, that must have been extremely satisfying.

In critique, although I'm sure it fits a theme for you, I'd argue that the rangers and illic aren't really pulling their weight. Maybe before 7th when they could still pin, but now they're really just slightly more useful Plaguebearers.

In my opinion, I'd sub them out for more jetbike troops from your Eldar detachment, and if you have the points a Farseer on a bike to cause more chaos.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DEldar "drop pod" list   1850 DEldar "drop pod" list I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30 2014, 00:29

I agree that they don't lay down the hurt but they are more for survivability which they managed marvelously. I know they aren't the most competitive option but sometimes I love my snipers. It's rending and not in numbers so it will never be the best but they die hard.

As for the liqs; favorite thing in the whole codex.

I like my bikes and have more but they are a bit powerful and I play down to a more friendly level with my friends. If I wanted more bikes I'd swap to primary eldar and second dark eldar×2. Then bring warlocks to shroud the bikes and bring a wraithknight.

Slave
FishDeadDaemon

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DEldar "drop pod" list   1850 DEldar "drop pod" list I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30 2014, 00:43

For some more fun elements, a mechanism I've been playing around some with is leadership bombing. Add grenade launchers to all your vehicles, then put a Hemlock and/or a Night Spinner in there. Drop everyone in as you can turn 2, plant your Hemlock right in the middle of the action. Terrify + Mindshock Probe + Grenade Launchers + Pinning large templates = fun for the whole family!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DEldar "drop pod" list   1850 DEldar "drop pod" list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 DEldar "drop pod" list
Page 1 of 1