THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Critique this deldar list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
agosyb
Hellion
agosyb

Critique this deldar list  Empty
PostSubject: Critique this deldar list    Critique this deldar list  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11 2011, 17:57

Here's my shot at a pretty competitive dark eldar list. I get steamrolled constantly by space wolves with 15 missile launchers, as everyone and their mom converted their marine armies into a counts as list where I play, and I hate them, lol.

Baron + 14 hellions
Haemi w/ liq
Razorwing w/ 2 dissies, a splint can, ns ff
Razorwing w/ ns ff
Razorwing w/ ns ff
5 warriors w/ blaster, Raider ns
5 wracks w/ liq, Raider ns
5 scourges w/ 2 haywire grenade launchers
4 trueborn w/ 4 blasters, venom w/ 2 splint cans

I just really wanna scrape everything off the board not in a transport, use scourges to shut down things I don't wanna deal with, and focus lances on some unfortunate transport until it's dead and gone, and move to the next one. Heami starts off with the baron and goes some place else, probably with the wracks for more template, unless of course I roll drugs, then he'll do the same except with one of the scourges.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Critique this deldar list    Critique this deldar list  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12 2011, 19:56

agosyb wrote:
Here's my shot at a pretty competitive dark eldar list.
All answers geard towards this.

Quote :
Baron + 14 hellions
Evil or Very Mad Hellions are, for my money, in the bottom five units in the Dex. They are just flat out terrible, and you're even paying for a Haem to try to make them a little better. The Baron is fine, but you are sinking a silly amount of points into the sub-standard Hellions. I'd drop all 14 of the useless chumps and field Beastmasters instead. Beasts are harder to kill via shooting, harder to kill in assault, and are much better at killing things in assault than Hellions. Hellions are faster and have a chump shooting attack you don't need - who-hoo.

Quote :
Haemi w/ liq
He only really exists to make the Hellions good. So he's part of their cost. He's okay paired with the Wracks - though frankly you probably don't need Wracks or Liquifiers, so I'd like to dump him to save points, personally.

Quote :
Razorwing w/ 2 dissies, a splint can, ns ff
Razorwing w/ ns ff
Razorwing w/ ns ff
These are awesome, but recognize they are potent anti-infantry tools. You are a little heavy on anti-infantry in this list (and by "a little" I mean "a whole lot") Something needs to be adjusted - I'm recommending shifting the Wracks - but you could also make these Razorwings into Ravagers for a similar effect.

Quote :
I like these, and like how you're using Raiders as it shows you understand some of your anti-mech woes. Solid choice.

Quote :
These are okay, but by the time the liquifiers get into play, how much will you need them after those deathstrom from the Razorwings? I'd probably turn at least one of these into Warriors w. Blaster (that's presuming you keep the Haem, as he *should* go with a Wrack liquifier team - if you drop the Haem I'd probably shift both of these squads)

Quote :
I'm guardedly okay with these. I think you'd be better served by Haywire grenade Wyches or more Trueblasters or some other Troop options. Just note how much these cost versus a Raider w. Blaster team inside, and then consider which is really overall better. I find the Scourges lose out in basically every category possible.

Quote :
These are solid as is, the late turn dakka will be pretty useful as well. If you drop the Razorwings to Ravagers remember to work in a few more Venoms to the list. You'll want about 4-5 or so to properly sweep out Long Fangs.
Back to top Go down
agosyb
Hellion
agosyb

PostSubject: Re: Critique this deldar list    Critique this deldar list  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2011, 23:59

Well how's about this. Drop the Baron and Hellion and add this

one more min unit of warriors with a blaster and raider w/ ns
one more blasterborn squad in a venom w/ additional splint can

And then I have about 30 points to play with. I really don't feel like I got much out of this trade, but it's become apparent to me that all you have to do to be a better dark eldar player is buy more venoms, which is legitimately disappointing.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Critique this deldar list    Critique this deldar list  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16 2011, 00:07

Hmm this list is similiar to what I started out with before ending up at my current 1750 list. I'd get rid of the warriors and tone down the wracks to get some wych units.

See here https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t583p40-kenny3760-goes-to-war

for my thoughts on why I'd do this and how it could fit in to your list.

And buying more venoms, no matter how good they are is not the (only) way to becoming a better Dark Eldar player

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Critique this deldar list    Critique this deldar list  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Critique this deldar list
Page 1 of 1