THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Proxy for Talos

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Martinman
Hellion

Proxy for Talos Empty
PostSubject: Proxy for Talos   Proxy for Talos I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29 2014, 18:55

Hello,

Awhile ago, I read on here that someone used some Dark Elf model as a proxy for a Talos, and I cannot for the life of me find the post using the search function.  I'm trying to figure out what model that was....I think it was the Kharibdys/War Hydra, but can't remember for sure.  Anyway, I think that would be a good proxy for a Talos, since it's probably about the right size and is a giant deadly thing.  I was also wondering if anyone had an idea on how to incorporate http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Dark-Elves-Bloodwrack-Shrine into a Dark Eldar army as some kind of proxy.  I already play Lizardmen for Fantasy, and can never find people to play with, so I really don't want to start a Dark Elf army at this point in time, but I love the models...

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

Proxy for Talos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proxy for Talos   Proxy for Talos I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29 2014, 23:51

I'm also pretty sure it was the Kharibdys, yep.

The Bloodwrack Medusa would make an awesome Succubus or Archite model, a centrepiece for an army.
As for the Bloodwrack Shrine itself, I can't see it fitting particularly well with the wheels but if you yoink those off and set it up so it "floats" then it could be a decent stand-in for a Forgeworld Reaper, with the mirror-thing being the giant haywire gun?

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

Proxy for Talos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proxy for Talos   Proxy for Talos I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29 2014, 23:58

Is the kharibdys the right size?

Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Proxy for Talos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proxy for Talos   Proxy for Talos I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02 2014, 21:04

To go alongside my Beastpack and due to my lack of a Coven theme at all, I've always planned a counts as Talos using the FW Basilisk.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/Warhammer_Monsters/BASILISK.html

Little to no conversion work on the beast itself but 40k-up the base and add some Beastmasters flying around it with WYSIWYG weaponry.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

Proxy for Talos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proxy for Talos   Proxy for Talos I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03 2014, 05:29

Sky Serpent, the idea of having the beast master entourage with the guns strapped on to them opens up so many possibilities.
Genius.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Proxy for Talos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proxy for Talos   Proxy for Talos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proxy for Talos
Page 1 of 1