THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Yncarne model proxy

Go down 
+5
Dreadblizzaard
Soulless Samurai
Da-Rock
fisheyes
Sarcron
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Dark Yncarne model proxy Empty
PostSubject: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2020, 04:59

I love the Yncarne and play it often, i do like the model a lot and i have converted mine as an Avatar of Cegorach b.c i don't like the fluff of the Ynnari.

This got me looking for an idea to make a Yncarne for DE, well behold for me this fits perfectly as i love this style of aesthetic's (PSA, i don't give a crap about the boobs before anyway says something as others already have) It is a daemon that flays the flesh of others, so perfect for DE imo, as i wanted a bit of a Coven construction of madness.

https://www.ragingheroes.com/products/yscarloth-le-f?_pos=5&_sid=500ba03b1&_ss=r&fbclid=IwAR31YvEMuzyXlo4oqCvAWqkUlUkf2kC0bW5y2EiDwDuiI-9oL_B7OAzBvJc

Dark Yncarne model proxy YSCARLOTH_BOX_F_square_2000x
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2020, 06:48

First of all, I would love to see your Avatar of Cegorach! Can you show some pictures?

Second, this model indeed looks awesome! My girlfriend would have a blast painting it, as she loved turning my coven models into a bloody mess on steroids. More bodyparts equals more fun.

What size is the base for the "normal" Yncarne?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2020, 07:31

The Yncarne is on 80mm, this model is "Standing 90mm tall, stunning demonic princess Yscarloth is a striking miniature. The part that actually touches the ground is 70mm long by 50mm wide"

Its not fully finished but here it is (I love the face)

Dark Yncarne model proxy Img_2010
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2020, 08:27

Wow, that really is a fantastic model. Love the galaxy/space- how did you do that?
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2020, 08:39

Nice! Can't wait to see what you make with this Yscarloth. Smile
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2020, 09:11

Sarcron wrote:
Wow, that really is a fantastic model. Love the galaxy/space- how did you do that?

I'm redoing it as i don't like it lol (to much green for me)

Prime black, SPray some yellow, blue, red, then took a wide brush cut down a little bit (firm up the bristles a bit, tooth brush works too), had a little water down white paint, dip the top little bit of brush into the paint and stroke the bristles to fling the paint.

If its to wet it makes lines, if its to think it is to big bumps.

Gelmir wrote:
Nice! Can't wait to see what you make with this Yscarloth. Smile

I was going to go more Coven, as she is a demon hunting for flesh, all those bodies are skinned or getting skinned. So it'll be a bloody mess lol
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2020, 23:05

Oh man, that Harlequin-Yncarne is fantastic, amish. The mask works really well.

That Harvester of Flesh model looks interesting, too. Are the corpses actually part of its body or is it just standing over them?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15 2020, 02:35

Thanks guys!

Also i don't really know, i would assume they are its victims for later.
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16 2020, 13:00

Great job on you Avatar of Cegorach! You're right, the face is Fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19 2020, 20:43

I have had this guy in progress for awhile since I first read the Yncare is Awesome thread. I am still trying to figure on what colors I want as I am going to be painting his Wraith squadron in similar colors with lightening effects on their heads.

Dark Yncarne model proxy QwUvPBU
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2020, 02:10

That looks like a sweet Wraithlord.

Also i did get my model, it's taking a lot of greenstuff work to be done, its a mix of hard and soft resin, the soft isn't really brittle but it is bendable. For those that might be interested. Its also a pain to put together.

Will have pics tomorrow after the greenstuff full dries and i pick up my base from my GW store.
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2020, 02:14

Is it all of the really thin pieces?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2020, 02:38

Da-Rock wrote:
Is it all of the really thin pieces?

It is 6-7 bulk pieces, then 15 ish thing pieces i think (give or take a piece or 2). I didn't put them all on honestly (A back hanging piece, a extra hand hanging out on top, and a front sticking out piece) as i didn't like the looks of them.
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2020, 03:58

Oh man, that's a lot!

I disliked Chaos Demons for that crap! :-)

Mine came with him holding a big laser cannon and nothing in his hands or back. I grabbed bits from a Talos to spruce him to the Darker side.

Yours is pretty sleak.....I like how graceful it looks.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2020, 04:15

Are you doing Ynnari Wraiths?
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2020, 15:51

Yes, I am trying it out.  I have 10 blades, but have never played them.  I know from reading they are solid with the Yncarne, but we shall see.

I was going to play them today and then they lockdown all of California so game cancelled!  :-)

* I wonder if you can teach a 2 year old how to play 40k?
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30 2020, 17:45

Here is my latest on my Dark Encarne:

Dark Yncarne model proxy Yt2Vi2M
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30 2020, 17:56

That came out way better than I thought it would. Figured it would come out looking very Necron-y.

I want one now Smile
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2020, 15:35

Do you think I should paint the halo edges in metal/silver to make it look like a blade or keep as is?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2020, 18:54

My $0.02 would be to leave it. Dont want to accidentally make it too necron-y
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2020, 22:21

Started to paint the model. Its about 1/2 done i'd say. Tho my 80mm base is going to take a while to come now that GW is temp closed for a few weeks.

Dark Yncarne model proxy Yncarn10
Back to top Go down
Dreadblizzaard
Hellion
Dreadblizzaard

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2020, 23:08

That is sweet! Good job. I turned mine into the great Harlequin then 2 months later the new harliquins dex dropped, I just use it as the Yncarne.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2020, 23:34

Yep, i bought it just for a Yncarne to match DE vibes.
Back to top Go down
Dreadblizzaard
Hellion
Dreadblizzaard

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01 2020, 00:36

Dark Yncarne model proxy 20180610

Just got back on this site. Been a few years but couldn't recover my old account. Anyhow, just want you to see how much more badass yours is than mine and mine is also up for a repaint.
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01 2020, 06:17

amishprn86 wrote:
Started to paint the model. Its about 1/2 done i'd say. Tho my 80mm base is going to take a while to come now that GW is temp closed for a few weeks.

Dark Yncarne model proxy Yncarn10

Looking good!  Damn the bodies look creepy real!  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Yncarne model proxy   Dark Yncarne model proxy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Yncarne model proxy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next