THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Nepenthe's Black Heart

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

Nepenthe's Black Heart Empty
PostSubject: Nepenthe's Black Heart   Nepenthe's Black Heart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08 2011, 12:27

-provisionally removed-

Last edited by Nepenthe on Wed Aug 10 2011, 10:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Nepenthe's Black Heart   Nepenthe's Black Heart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08 2011, 17:20

Howdy.

I love Hasslefree minis. However I don't think the majority of what they have is going to really fit the bill. Sounds to me like you have a bit of a coven feel going.

I would look at the dark age line, in the skarrd figures

http://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/miniatures/dark-age-games/skarrd/skarrd-toxic-mistress-2.html

There are some sensual and disturbing at the same time figures there that may fit the bill for wrack and Haemonculi. IF not, then maybe the forsaken ones will work. Coils, Flense and some of the junkers could be really good with a shade model in there as liquifier gun models.

heck, now I'm thinking about using these models.

Scibor bases are pretty good, but they are tall, which is why I have not used any of them in my army since it makes tranport cases and foam a bit tougher to use.

There is a company that makes colored rod and bar. I used to see them all the time for Necrons. if you can find them, they cut up pretty easy. I think the company name is greenwood, but its a plastic model supply place on the net. They carry about everything and have a horrible search engine, so it will take some digging.

Most craft places have do it yourself castng kits now that are not to expensive, under $20 US.
I have a couple I was going to use to modify some shields, but you can use them to make a mold and then cast your own resin crystals. If you add a little ink to the resin it should have some interesting color effects.

Nepenthe's Black Heart Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Nepenthe's Black Heart   Nepenthe's Black Heart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08 2011, 17:28

Thanks for the tips, I'll check'em out.

Frankly, I only planned out as far as the one squad of wracks for this particular coven. I think I'll keep an eye peeled on other suitable minis, but I plan to stick with a kabalite core for my armies, at any rate. I think I might have over-represented the coven part in my initial post due to the fact that it's what I've been mostly looking at over the past couple of weeks. I'm drowning in "actual" DE minis at the moment, so I'm trying to avoid even looking at them, less I go all "ooh, shiny" and buy a battleforce, like last week >_<

I think the skarrd minis would be brilliant, but not really fitting of the vision I have going on in my head. You'll have to judge the results are when I'm done with them, the cogs are still turning! Smile

But, to reiterate, this is going to be a mostly Black Heart Kabal force, backed up by elements from the (similarly coloured) cult of strife, the (complementarily coloured) Corespur Elite and the "Nepenthe needs to paint some seminaked girls in bondage gear to stay sane among all the edge highlighting" haemacolytes.

Definitely need to flesh out a back story for the coven (no pun really inteded), as well as design a logo for them - thinking of doing some DIY transfer tattoos...

Oh, and I don't like the normal "massive" Scibor bases even aesthetically, never mind practically. I was just thinking of using those conversion kits on the raiders', ravagers' and reavers' flight bases, really.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Nepenthe's Black Heart   Nepenthe's Black Heart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08 2011, 17:35

Nepenthe wrote:

I think the skarrd minis would be brilliant, but not really fitting of the vision I have going on in my head. You'll have to judge the results are when I'm done with them, the cogs are still turning! Smile

But, to reiterate, this is going to be a mostly Black Heart Kabal force, backed up by elements from the (similarly coloured) cult of strife, the (complementarily coloured) Corespur Elite and the "Nepenthe needs to paint some seminaked girls in bondage gear to stay sane among all the edge highlighting" haemacolytes.

If you want semi naked girls that are suitably DE, go check out Kingdom Death minis. That may just fit the bill for a single unit with plenty of interesting bits to work on.

Its definitely NSFW, and there are kind of out there so be forewarned.

I look forward to your progress.

Nepenthe's Black Heart Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Nepenthe's Black Heart   Nepenthe's Black Heart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08 2011, 17:37

Thanks, I'll check those out, as well.

Probably should have specified that I'm planning on doing arm swaps (and have at least one head swap planned, as well), to put at least the weapon imagery more in line with the DE aesthetic. Not gonna use the models as is (well, I might the nurse, but...). Smile

Kingdom Death is apparently 35mm, though. Would have to use them as grotesques? ;D
Back to top Go down
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

PostSubject: Re: Nepenthe's Black Heart   Nepenthe's Black Heart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08 2011, 21:38

Good luck with the Kingdom of Death minis, they are ALWAYS sold out!

PostSubject: Re: Nepenthe's Black Heart   Nepenthe's Black Heart I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nepenthe's Black Heart
Page 1 of 1