THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabalite warriors on venoms...

Go down 
+2
spellcheck2001
antagonist
6 posters
AuthorMessage
antagonist
Slave
antagonist

Kabalite warriors on venoms... Empty
PostSubject: Kabalite warriors on venoms...   Kabalite warriors on venoms... I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 01:14

Im working on an army where i would like kabalite warriors on venoms. What would be the best way to make this happen? Will raider warrior models fit the venom or will i have to use parts from the provided wyches, like the arms and legs, with a kabalite head and body? Are there any other alternatives? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks, Ryan
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite warriors on venoms...   Kabalite warriors on venoms... I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 08:09

You would have to do some modifications to the legs unfortunately to make the kabalite knees work for the wing poses. The Wych legs are at a slight angle to enable a smooth fit along the wing. Worth giving a try if you have spare though.

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite warriors on venoms...   Kabalite warriors on venoms... I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 09:59

The pilot - a head swap should be sufficient since most of the model is hidden or can be written off as different armour due to his role. A torso swap is possible (I did it) but it requires cutting and filing to make it fit

The Gunner - the raider gunner should work fine

The hangers on - the warrior with the hook and 2 feet on the hull might work as is - cant be sure, but the one with a hand on the rail will almost certainly not work. I would suggest going the harlequin route in terms of posing and use the warrior legs straddling the rails - it might work ok

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite warriors on venoms...   Kabalite warriors on venoms... I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 10:22

Massaen wrote:

The Gunner - the raider gunner should work fine

The hangers on - the warrior with the hook and 2 feet on the hull might work as is - cant be sure, but the one with a hand on the rail will almost certainly not work. I would suggest going the harlequin route in terms of posing and use the warrior legs straddling the rails - it might work ok

a cool idea for a gunner would be to model a kabalite with splinter cannon on the back. passengers could just be standing on the platform.

Back to top Go down
antagonist
Slave
antagonist

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite warriors on venoms...   Kabalite warriors on venoms... I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 12:19

Thanks a ton! You've all given me good ideas, i dont know which to use. Ill have to look on ebay for some raider crew bits. I ordered a bunch of the regular wych ones, so i have those kicking around. Ill let you guys know how it goes and post some pics of it!
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite warriors on venoms...   Kabalite warriors on venoms... I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 13:02

I just used the wych legs, and kabalite torsos and arms

I then painted the legs consistent with the armour (so don't paint the patches of exposed skin as skin colour, paint them the same as the armour)

On the table top you'd never know the difference.
Back to top Go down
stanimal221
Hellion
stanimal221

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite warriors on venoms...   Kabalite warriors on venoms... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 14:18

In the "Raiders of Commorragh" Painting guide It has wracks in all of the gunner and driver spots and it looks wicked cool. After reading this thread I wonder what you would need to do to them to make that work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite warriors on venoms...   Kabalite warriors on venoms... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabalite warriors on venoms...
Page 1 of 1