THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 vs Astra Militarum

Go down 
+2
BetrayTheWorld
flakmonkey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

1750 vs Astra Militarum Empty
PostSubject: 1750 vs Astra Militarum   1750 vs Astra Militarum I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17 2014, 21:34

I'm on my way to work, so list generated on battlescribe, tried to take out all additional points, hope I got them all.

HQ (135pts)

Archon (135pts)
Blast Pistol, Blast Pistol, Clone field, Djinn Blade, Haywire Grenades, Kabalite Armor, Plasma Grenades

Elites (358pts)

Grotesques (185pts)
Aberration
Close Combat Weapon, Venom Blade
2x Grotesques
2x Close Combat Weapon
Raider
Disintegrator, Enhanced Aethersails

Kabalite Trueborn (173pts)
4x Trueborn
4x Blaster
Venom
Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon

Troops (615pts)

Kabalite Warriors (120pts)
5x Kabalite Warriors with Blaster
Raider
Dark Lance

Kabalite Warriors (125pts)
Venom

Kabalite Warriors (125pts)
Venom

Wyches (125pts)
5x Wyches
5x Haywire grenades
Venom (65pts)

Wyches (120pts)
5x Wyches
5x Haywire grenades
Raider
Dark Lance

Fast Attack (250pts)

Beastmasters (120pts)
2x Beastmasters
Khymerae Pack
4x Khymera
Khymerae Pack
4x Khymera

Scourges (130pts)
5x Scourge
2x Haywire Blaster

Heavy Support (395pts)

Ravager (115pts)
Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Nightshield

Ravager (115pts)
Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Nightshields

Razorwing Fighter (165pts)
Dark Lances (x2), Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon, 4x Monoscythe Missiles

Total- 1753

So this is for a casual game against a Astra Militarum player. He's a bit of a treadhead, but last time I played him I haywired all his tanks( a ravager took a chimera, but all the russes died to wyches) so this time he might have a blob or two(last game he had a 30 man blob I couldn't kill, so razorwing is for that)

Comments and criticisms are welcome.

Cheers

Last edited by flakmonkey on Fri Jul 18 2014, 06:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1750 vs Astra Militarum   1750 vs Astra Militarum I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18 2014, 03:10

Kabalite warriors have a minimum squad size of 5.
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: 1750 vs Astra Militarum   1750 vs Astra Militarum I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18 2014, 05:48

Yeah, on battlescribe you select 4 warriors, then manually add another warrior with an assault weapon.
It's a bit stupid, but it's free :-)

The points cost is correct for the 5 warriors, even if the layout is silly. I'll edit it.

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Jubod
Slave
Jubod

PostSubject: Re: 1750 vs Astra Militarum   1750 vs Astra Militarum I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 06:41

I'm also up against a tank heavy astra militarium army. I'd be curious to see how your list works in games!  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 1750 vs Astra Militarum   1750 vs Astra Militarum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 00:06

Alright. Next person calling them Astra Militarium meets my fist. THEY'RE IMPERIAL GUARD!!! -dies of seizure-
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: 1750 vs Astra Militarum   1750 vs Astra Militarum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 03:00

I know they're Imperial Guard. You know they're Imperial Guard. We all know they're Imperial Guard.

But when it's printed everywhere, sometimes it just comes out. Is that conditioning of some type?

Jubod wrote:
I'm also up against a tank heavy astra militarium army. I'd be curious to see how your list works in games!  Smile 

We ended up just playing Kill Points, so I lost 12-8.
I also made a few alterations to my list.
I ended up breaking it into two CADs, so I could take 2 Ravagers, a Razorwing and a Talos.
I dumped Trueborn and Scourge, and took a unit of wracks instead.

As for what happened, well, the wyches got blown apart (1 chimera got haywired), because he remembered the pain they caused last game. The Talos also copped a face-full of fire for the same reason as wyches.
He also took grenadiers with carapace armour to protect him from splinter fire, which kinda-sorta helped them a bit.
He deployed and played very cautiously, minimal movement,

The beasts performed excellentlly, smashing through Rough Riders, glancing a chimera to death and running off a Veteran Squad.
The Razorwing blew up his Pask tank, which was nice. But I should have fired the missiles first, even if they couldn't hurt the tank, I could have got a lucky scatter onto some infantry. Anyway.
My Archon and Grotesque unit had a rough time, failed a 3" charge, and suffered a few "First Rank Fire, Second Rank Fire" Orders, which slew the Grotesques. My Archon then ate a Eradicator Nova Shell. Should've had a Shadowfield.
Haemonculus and the wracks liquified some stuff very nicely. Haemon then charged a Veteran squad and carved them up. Over a few turns.

So my recommendations for you Jubod, are this-
-If he's never faced haywire, give him a very nasty introduction. With multiple units.
-Whatever you using to deliver the wyches, max movement, flat out and aether-sail them forward, then Jink. Next turn, attack.
-KILL the Company Commander, or any other Order Issuing unit(Platoon Command, Tank Commander, Pask) Fast!!
-Guard are not famous for their movement, so take advantage of static deployment.
-The faster you get in his face, the less shooting you'll cop.

None of that is very earth shattering, but I hope its mildly interesting for you.
Now I'm curious what list you'll run and how you'll do.

Back to top Go down
Jubod
Slave
Jubod

PostSubject: Re: 1750 vs Astra Militarum   1750 vs Astra Militarum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 04:58

Thanks man! I'm a broke college kid so it's going to be a while before i have a playable army. I'm definately going to be running wyches in venoms as well as warriors in venoms. I'm not sure what to do for my hq choice. For heavy support I'll be running some ravagers with anti tank weapons! I'd appreaciate it if you keep me updated on how you do!
Back to top Go down
The Red
Slave
The Red

PostSubject: Re: 1750 vs Astra Militarum   1750 vs Astra Militarum I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2014, 04:49

if your playing against guard get ready to go up against Wyverns who get 4- 4 str ap 6 ignore cover blasts that reroll wounds and are twin linked, they can be put into a squadron too these are the worst IG has to offer get at them fast
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: 1750 vs Astra Militarum   1750 vs Astra Militarum I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2014, 07:38

TWO blast pistols on Archon? Dont think thats possible...

And Abberation with Venom blade? It Wounds most things on 2+ anyway and rerolling wounds doesnt get you much. Scissorhand would be the way to go IMHO.

Also you have some possibility of getting a Liquifier. I find them immensely good. Have you considered their use?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1750 vs Astra Militarum   1750 vs Astra Militarum I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2014, 10:56

I'd consider dropping all of the blasters on the various warrior squads and instead putting them into a single trueborn squad. That way, your units are specialized.

The way you have it now, any time one of the squads fire at a vehicle with the blaster, they're wasting all their poison shots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 vs Astra Militarum   1750 vs Astra Militarum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 vs Astra Militarum
Page 1 of 1