THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

3000 pt W/Lelith Warlord

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dakotaj1979
Slave
dakotaj1979

3000 pt W/Lelith Warlord Empty
PostSubject: 3000 pt W/Lelith Warlord   3000 pt W/Lelith Warlord I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24 2014, 13:25

so here is the list I play with,  I'm about even for wins and losses,  however I do NOT...repeat DO NOT play competitive warhammer 40k

HQ
Lelith hesperax
Succubus w/HW and Shard
haemy w/LG and WWP
haemy w/Sh and wwp

Elites
8x hekatrix w/x2 shard, 1x hydra, haywire in raider w/DL, SR and FF
Syren w/ SP, agonizer PGL

4x wracks
1 acothyst w/ venom SC x2 FF

4x wracks
1 acothyst w/ venom SC x2 FF

troops

5x Wyches w/  Shard,  HW
1x Hekatrix , w/ Splinter pistol;  Agoniser;  Phantasm grenade launcher;    
1x Venom w/Splinter cannon (x2);  Flickerfield;

5x Wyches w/  Shardnet and impaler;  Haywire grenades  
1x Hekatrix , w/ Splinter pistol;  Agoniser;  Phantasm grenade launcher;    
1x Venom w/Splinter cannon (x2);  Flickerfield;

9x whyches w/ shard, Haywire grenades  
1x Raider w/ Dark lance;  Splinter racks;  Flickerfield;

10x wyches w/ 2x hydra, Haywire grenades

10x wyches w/ 2x hydra, Haywire grenades

fast attack

3x Beastmasters  
1x Beastmaster  w/ Venom blade;  Razorwing flock (x2);

3x Beastmasters  
1x Beastmaster  w/ Venom blade;  Razorwing flock (x2);

6x Beastmasters
1x Beastmaster  w/ agonizer,   Khymera (x5);

Heavy

Ravager  
Disintegrator cannon (x3);  Flickerfield;

Ravager  
Disintegrator cannon (x3);  Flickerfield;

Talos Pain Engine
Twin-linked liquefier gun;  Twin-linked haywire blaster;  Close combat weapon;

Talos Pain Engine
chain-flails;  Twin-linked splinter cannon;  Close combat weapon;

Razorwing Jetfighter
Splinter cannon;  Shatterfield missile (x4);   Night shields;  Flickerfield;  Disintegrator cannon (x2);

Razorwing Jetfighter
Splinter cannon;  Shatterfield missile (x4);   Night shields;  Flickerfield;  Disintegrator cannon (x2);

alright on to the creamy innards ( I am by no means a tactician,  and my explanations of how I play might not make sense,  I apologize beforehand,  but I've never had to explain how I play my army before)

I drop lelith with the boodbrides, (keep reserved for sweet killy goodness)
put both my heamies in the venoms with the wracks and run them up the board to drop my wwp,( I tend to hold off dropping the 2nd one if I can,  if they focus all there attention on the first portal,  when I drop the 2nd portal,  hilarity usually ensues),  keeping the wracks and venoms around to add some support for the incoming portal users (if they survive),  move the 2 heamies back behind the portal because they are awesome cover.

I run up the board with my wyches in venoms and raiders, blast what I can and disembark the 3 10man squads (it's 3 10 man squads cuz the succubus goes here) right next to the haemies, keeping the venoms around with the 5 pack wyches for vehicle lols,  and the raiders for a bit more added fun

the razorwing jetfighters are there for AA and squad busting,  the ravagers for tanks and other goodie vehicles.

the beastmasters and the talos all get pushed up through the portals,  beastmasters first cuz their good for taking hits.  and talos 2nd because they are HUGE FIRE MAGNETS.....

and then the ultimate cheese in my list,  Lelith and her retinue come sliding up and mince whatever I can get close enough to. via raider or portal,  whichever is convenient,  remember there are 2 portals to choose from

by this time the armies are so focused on getting rid of my talos and beast packs and raving half naked elf chicks that they tend to not care much about a raider full of bloodbrides and a freaky abnormally and insanely hot dark elf chick with knives coming for them.

I play this list in a couple of different varients,  (before you ask, we don't usually play with reserve rules),  and I might not always win,  but I usually end up suprising the crap out of whoever I am playing at the time.  WWP can add a lot of different ways to mobilize.  I really like using both raiders and foot slogging when I play.

this list is pretty decent for 4 vs 4 or 2 vs 2 play as well

Last edited by dakotaj1979 on Fri Jul 25 2014, 07:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 3000 pt W/Lelith Warlord   3000 pt W/Lelith Warlord I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24 2014, 19:01

Welcome to TDC!

When you say you play without using reserve rules, what does that mean, exactly?

Because you're using webway portals, and units coming from webway portals come from...reserves. Based on reading your post, I get the feeling you guys may have several house-rules where you use certain rules and don't use others. And that's absolutely cool for casual play, but it makes it difficult for a competitive player like me to look at a list and make any constructive comments on it.

Other than this, anyhow: Looks like it'd be fun to play if the rules and local meta allow you to get away with it.

P.S. This, I'm fairly certain, is the first time I've ever heard of Lelith w/bloodbrides referred to as "Cheese", ultimate or otherwise. Made me smile. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dakotaj1979
Slave
dakotaj1979

PostSubject: Re: 3000 pt W/Lelith Warlord   3000 pt W/Lelith Warlord I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 07:00

alright, I will try my best to explain all this.

yes we play with some modded rules,  things like no LD tests,  no reserves, half our games are all night fighting half are not.  no VP points, if your models hit the table edge they just stop they don't die etc...etc..( this gets very interesting when we add in our own HQs,  we've made some pretty interesting characters lol)  we honestly just slap down 2 4x6 tables lay the terrain wherever we want and go at it till only ones left standing.

now when I say reserves,  what I actually mean is no rolls on reserves,  I drop my portals turn 1 or 2,  and then just stomp my minions in.  same with everyone else, no reserves,  by wording yes we "HAVE" reserves,  but we never roll for them, anytime after turn one you can bring in some or all of your reserves.

I play against TAU (a mech heavy list), Dark Angels (oddly not a vehicle heavy army),  and space wolves... I will take any advantage I can...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3000 pt W/Lelith Warlord   3000 pt W/Lelith Warlord I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3000 pt W/Lelith Warlord
Page 1 of 1